Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ivy

Our New Place @ Clementi

You won't regret it because it really looks nice. Looks even nicer if you have blue tinted windows :)

The only thing you'll regret is the regular cleaning you need to do to maintain its whiteness ;p

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today's Progress

Tiling works are about 3/4 done. The tilers love the MBR tiles :) When I went up they are cleaning up and calling it a day and half the team told me that they think the MBR toilet tile looks good. Heng ahhh, seems like it's really worth the top up.

Now that the sides are up, the common toilet feature tile is more "digestable" for me now :P Tilers also say the combi is nice... hmmm are they complimenting the choice of tiles or their own workmanship?

IMG_0406.jpg

Anyway whatever it is, I really like this bunch of tilers. Very friendly and nice and today, they check with me my lighting points and ask me whether i wanna level up my access area. Their opinion is to level up for safety issue so that no one will trip over the step up from the access area to our main entrance. I took their recommendations.

But now hor.. after much thought I think I prefer there to be a height difference to differentiate the inside and the outside. Will go over and convey to them personally on Monday.

aiya, so nice .. you make me regret that i did not go up to see your house today leh :P

u can always drop by if u ever come over to the west side :)

Hi,

Heard the name "Ah Soon" quite a lot in this forum. Do you know if he's a HDB-approved contractor?

Want to get quotation from him but he's always busy, never get back to me :( . Really worried that he's also like that after sign the contract.

Any of you have the same experience?

Wondering why we need to get HDB-approved contractors? I think non-approved ones are much cheaper, but is it ok to get them do our renovation?

Sorry i'm blur blur about this, but still want to save money on renovation. It's really tiring searching for a good and cheap contractor 8|

Hi,

Heard the name "Ah Soon" quite a lot in this forum. Do you know if he's a HDB-approved contractor?

Want to get quotation from him but he's always busy, never get back to me :( . Really worried that he's also like that after sign the contract.

Any of you have the same experience?

Wondering why we need to get HDB-approved contractors? I think non-approved ones are much cheaper, but is it ok to get them do our renovation?

Sorry i'm blur blur about this, but still want to save money on renovation. It's really tiring searching for a good and cheap contractor 8|

Where's your flat? I can help you ask him when I next see him. I think most of the owners who engaged him go thru the stage of chasing him for quotations. He usually takes a while to come out with the quote cos he can't read or write english, thus he will write it in chinese and he is dependent on his son to translate his chinese to english quote. If you are comfortable with hand written chinese quote u can let him know. There is only 1 uncle ah soon to draft the quotes, that's why he needs longer lead time. However once reno starts, he'll give priority to those project already started in terms of contactability (if there is such a word :P)

if yours is urgent, there's another contractor Mr Yeak who is also doing quite a good job. Maybe you can get quotes from both of them to make a comparison on who you are more comfortable with. My reno is going into it's 2nd week. So far no problem contacting uncle. If he miss my call, he'll usually call back. If he don't I'll call him again and usually will be able to reach him.

Uncle usually will let potential customers view some of his on-going projects to let these customers sees and feel the workmanship for themselves. U can ask him for the addresses.

Where's your flat? I can help you ask him when I next see him. I think most of the owners who engaged him go thru the stage of chasing him for quotations. He usually takes a while to come out with the quote cos he can't read or write english, thus he will write it in chinese and he is dependent on his son to translate his chinese to english quote. If you are comfortable with hand written chinese quote u can let him know. There is only 1 uncle ah soon to draft the quotes, that's why he needs longer lead time. However once reno starts, he'll give priority to those project already started in terms of contactability (if there is such a word :P)

if yours is urgent, there's another contractor Mr Yeak who is also doing quite a good job. Maybe you can get quotes from both of them to make a comparison on who you are more comfortable with. My reno is going into it's 2nd week. So far no problem contacting uncle. If he miss my call, he'll usually call back. If he don't I'll call him again and usually will be able to reach him.

Uncle usually will let potential customers view some of his on-going projects to let these customers sees and feel the workmanship for themselves. U can ask him for the addresses.

I'm still searching for a suitable contractor. Probably I'll give Ah Soon a miss coz I'm really worried about the HDB licence.

Really afraid he can't deliver on time or something goes wrong, and we can't legally solve the issue.

Can I have Mr. Yeak's number? Is he HDB-approved? I really need a cheap but approved contractor :(

Today's Progress

But now hor.. after much thought I think I prefer there to be a height difference to differentiate the inside and the outside. Will go over and convey to them personally on Monday.

How about a gradual ram? Think, this is a 'friendlier' way for old age. :)

How about a gradual ram? Think, this is a 'friendlier' way for old age. :)

thanks for the suggestion. Decision as of today is we'll do just as per what u suggested, cos hubby concur with the tilers. :)

Oooh, your MBR bathroom tiles combination is very nice!

The abstract patterns removed the joining lines.

Are your windows powder coated? This seem to be a new trend now.

Oooh, your MBR bathroom tiles combination is very nice!

The abstract patterns removed the joining lines.

Are your windows powder coated? This seem to be a new trend now.

Lawry that is actually my common toilets :) my MBR tiles are in earlier posts.

Yes the window is powder coated. I guess nowadays most owner will opt for powder coated ones.