Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wjess10

Ariston Oven Already Trip My Circuit Breaker. How To Settle It Without Call Service People?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

Just to share. I am faced with the same problem with my Turbo oven. Its brand new. Tried using it for the first time last week and it tripped my circuit too. So we have called the Turbo ppl down to take a look. It sounds like this tripping of circuit can be caused by new or old oven?

hi..am using a Turbo oven as well. same thing, one morning, my mother in law was using it and suddenly electricity died..circuit trip in then end and coming from the oven.

May i know the contact for the Turbo service people and how much it cost you to have it repaired?

thanks...

u dont want to try the way i explain u can always ask the agent to come down but the amt u gona pay is not cheap . call 67817810 etronin home appliance ask for service num the repair man not the agent num if u wan to save.

Hi cRonk3r

Just to update on the status of my Turbo oven. The service man came down last Saturday to take a look at our oven. He tols us that the trip was due to accumulation of moisture in the oven. This happens if you seldon use the oven. He explained that as Singapore's weather is humid, so moisture also gathers up pretty fast, so to prevent future trips, need to turn on the oven at least once a month for 20 minutes to just let it run. If not, future trips will also accur....

As for the contact of Turbo service people, i not sure. My husband called the staff at HM whom we bought our oven from. She was pretty helpful and helped us coordinated the timing. There were no charges involved. If u are still under the warranty period, should not have any charges. Btw, its always good to take our extended warranty for oven as advised by that HM staff.

Maybe u can check on ur warranty period and call the retailer wholm u bought your oven from.

my oven used to have this problem. because of this, my oven became a white elephant.

One solution is to get an electrician to look at it. It is possible your oven has overloaded the current circuit.

Like someone here mentioned, the oven heeds to be fitted to a 15A power source

we previously thot the trip is due to moisture. we end up buying a dehumidifier and putting it in the oven. it did not work for my case

Edited by hawthorne

@googocat, thanks for the info..

actually, i asked my MIL not to use the oven for a while after the first incident. a week or so after the incident, tried using it again, but this time, not together with my aircon and my storage heater.

guess it worked and managed to run it for 10 minutes...

i guess it's not the oven yet (touch wood!) but the electricity load..

Seems like oven tripping is common in Singapore! My Bosch oven tripped last week and I got it repaired by this service provider. Very professional and has a solution for this. Highly recommended to contact them at www.mexif.co

Maybe you should check your electrical wiring also. Especially if you had some electrical modification works done by outside parties. If electrical wiring is the problem u can run another electrical line to the oven and seal off the old one.

Original HDB/Developer works are inspected to a proper standard. Outside "electricians" standard is very very low. Most use twisting and black tape which loosen after a few years especially when running high power devices.

For your own safety, have someone knowledgeable monitor the electrical works and do not accept quick-fixes like:

-raising the detection current at the ELCB

-disabling the neutral wire

Edited by budgetreno