Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mackeith

"ritual" Performed After Taking House Keys

hi all,

was wondering what sort of "ritual was performed" when you took over the house key? any reason for your "rituals"?

i was told to roll in a pineapple and leave it there till next day before i can go in? :dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all,

was wondering what sort of "ritual was performed" when you took over the house key? any reason for your "rituals"?

i was told to roll in a pineapple and leave it there till next day before i can go in? :dunno:

Hey mackeith,

- think u'd posted in e wrong thread.

- dis thread is a thread on forumers' reno progress with pics, comments, advice, complaints, ... etc

- aniway, below is an extract frm earlier post in other thread, fyi & necessary actions. :deal:

:dancingqueen:

For e benefit of doubts for New Renotalk Members & Old Renotalk Members who had 4goten, i'd xtracted e posting frm pg98 & beyond.

For your infomation & necessary actions :yamseng:

Hey, i think open door also need some "sop"aka standard operating procedures le...(although i'm christian but cos mil and my grandparents are v particular thus did the following):

1. b4 open door, knock on door 3 times, say gd things like we are v happy with this place, everything is going to be smooth for us..

2. depending on ur dialect (i'm teochew and hb is cantonese), we did the following:

- brought up a bottle of 1l water, 1 guanyin sprig of leaf, 1packet of rice and 1 packet of coarse salt (according to my yeye he told me this is standard requirement to clean the house. salt must be coarse to disperse/chase out all naughty things).

- mix the rice and salt together, start from the inner most room and throw it all the way towards the other rooms, and do the same for other rooms as well all the way to the front door

- repeat procedure but this time, use the water to sprinkle the guanyin leaf all over the house

- after that, all family members can come in(children can only come in at end of sop)

saw some of my colleagues during the dongtu ceremony got place coins in strategic locations to bring wealth and some even say that when u open door, roll a pineapple into the house and place it there for 3 days(wang cai gun gun lai).

altho my yeye and mil did this, i also brought my bible up and me and hubby pray in our house for God's blessings... hope the above helps ;):good:

the taiwan chinese calendar was from webbie and we used it to check for our wedding date. :D

the auspicious date for 动土 can be found on those "tear daily" calendar. u'll see 宜 for good and 忌 for bad.

if under 宜 got 动土, u may proceed. but must check the time to see if it's 吉, 中 or 凶. and also check whether it clashes with yours and chrispy's zodiac cos both of u are the owners. this method is the most simplified form. if u ask fengshui shifu, some will tell u no need to do anything, some will say must buy oranges, joss sticks, burn incense etc. up to individual's believe. i only check the date for 动土 and did the door opening ceremony on that day @ the specific time..

together with advise -->> http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...843&st=2240 , we used rice, salt (by right shld be coarse but we used fine cos can't find...) and those chinese dried "tie guan yin" tea leaves (this item was added as i read in other thread). if u're buddhist/taoist, u may wanna use the "ang hway" to sprinkle water in the house. we didn't do so cos of religion. after we opened the door, we rolled pineapple and left it in the house for 3 days (very sweet! hahaha!) we bought a new hammer to 开工 too. knock until got some bits lor.

hope i'm not too lo-soh... ;)

when i moved in that time, my mum prayed to "Tian Gong". burn joss sticks, incense papers outside & inside the flat. Splattered rice at all 4 corners of the flat. leave the rice there overnight. Then me and my hubby prayed prayed. Next day to clear the rice up. That's it