Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaslee77

Bad Experience With Singapore Lighting Mart @ Balestier

Hi hi,

I recently bought lights (and kana CHOP like carrot) from this shop at Balestier, Singapore Lighting Mart Pte Ltd from this salesperson Addy.

I have total 22 PLC lights, he sold to me at $44.00 each!!! Somemore without the tube inside. The next day I went to another shop and saw the same model, the salesperson quoted me $18.00 each without tube.

Not to mention all other lights in the kitchen/yard/balcony/bedroom/toilets...

cuz I saw another same light for my bedroom, the other shop price-tagged at $100+, but I bought for $290+... everything they sold me is MORE THEN DOUBLE!!!

By the way, the T5 he quoted me $32.00 for 3ft, I bought from another shop @ $16.00!!!

This is the most expensive lesson I've learnt in my life. And the best thing is my ID (*****) brought me there! I really wonder how much they have been cheating off from consumer like us.

PLEASE remember do not even step into this black shop.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Its always better to compare prices at a few shops for comparison.

I made the same mistake as u but not as expensive as urs, the price i bought was like slightly more exp by 10-20 & the labour charge was exorbitant.

If i were u, i wld screw the ID deep deep, demand he gimme more discount for the works done.

Hi hi,

I recently bought lights (and kana CHOP like carrot) from this shop at Balestier, Singapore Lighting Mart Pte Ltd from this salesperson Addy.

I have total 22 PLC lights, he sold to me at $44.00 each!!! Somemore without the tube inside. The next day I went to another shop and saw the same model, the salesperson quoted me $18.00 each without tube.

cuz I saw another same light for my bedroom, the other shop price-tagged at $100+, but I bought for $290+... everything they sold me is MORE THEN DOUBLE!!!

By the way, the T5 he quoted me $32.00 for 3ft, I bought from another shop @ $16.00!!!

This is the most expensive lesson I've learnt in my life. And the best thing is my ID (*****) brought me there! I really wonder how much they have been cheating off from consumer like us.

I've had the same experience, but with a different shop. Heart pain wallet pain. :bangwall:

I dunno how true it is, but I've heard that the ids gain something from bringing u there, probably they get a cut from the sale? MIght be reason for the exhorhibant pricing.. It's too ridiculous...

Hi hi,

So sad to hear from u.....my ID also want to bring me to this S'pore Lighting Mart during my renovation, I cancel the trips last minute coz I did my homework here and some helps from google....mayb I know u engage with which Interior Design?

I dunno how true it is, but I've heard that the ids gain something from bringing u there, probably they get a cut from the sale? MIght be reason for the exhorhibant pricing.. It's too ridiculous...

It's definitely true. Nothing is free-of-charge.

correct, the id get commission (mostly 10%)from all the shop he bring you to

lighting to flooring, toilet to furniture so now u knw how they earn soo much commission