Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ffrr

Where Can I Get Dimmable Energy Saving Lights?

Guest ffrr

my current configuration is 3 bulbs at 25W+25W+60W, and well the more i think about it the more i think it's quite ridiculous

is there anywhere in sg where there's a selection of dimmable energy saving lights?

thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm, pardon my ignorance, does energy saving lights come in 60W?

The max I see is 23W (philips) which is equivalent to the brightness of a 125W normal bulb.

25+25+60W is VERY BRIGHT for one room, if it's 1 switch on all 3. :D

I'm not sure if dimmable ones are more expensive, but you can also consider getting lower wattage replacements in future.

Guest ffrr
25+25+60W is VERY BRIGHT for one room, if it's 1 switch on all 3.

hahaa no lah, its those yellow warm bulb and all 3 covered up by the lamp cover so for some it might not be bright enough to read

My main lamp in my room is 16W (warm light, energy saving)

My reading lamp is 5W or 8W max (warm light, energy saving)

Also within a lamp shade/glass, but seems quite bright for me already.

Guest ffrr

ohhh... ur energy saving lights are brighter per wattage used than normal ones, mine are the energy wasting ones :D

ohhh... ur energy saving lights are brighter per wattage used than normal ones, mine are the energy wasting ones :D

don think there is such product - infact for energy saving bulbs - if you add in a dimmer, the bulb will blow fast.

just go for philips tornado series 5w,8w,12w.

they are very very bright than normal ones - 5w not easy to find though.

the only dimmable energy saving bulb i heard ofi n local market is megaman u can try safer too they are always expanding their range.but my source told me that the megaman electronic ballast use in the bulb is of good quality.i never try b4 though

Try LED. It's current controlled. But it's in DC, and low voltage. You'd need to have step down transformer + AC/DC converter. I don't know where to buy such package in singapore except in IKEA (quite expensive). Normal energy saving lights use ballast (LED don't). In long run, LED is cheaper because you only need to change it after 30,000-50,000 hours of usage while normal lights 5000 hrs. The power consumed is much lower but the light produced is brighter. If anyone know where to get high power LED lighting in Sg other than Megaman, let me know. Otherwise I have to buy the components and build myself.

Yes, our company mainly produce the dimmable energy saving lamps,

which contained:

GU10: 9W,11W,

Candle:9W,11W

pear:9W,11W

3U:9W,11W,13W

half-spiral:9W,11W,13W,15W,18W,20W,21W

Global:9W,11W,13W,15W,18W,20W

our lamps quality can be comparable with Megaman, and our price just their 1/3 price,

pls contact with us by my contact:

TEL: (+)86-0510-85845961

FAX: (+)86-0510-85845970

M:(+)86-13771056946

MSN: Liuyuxing680@hotmail.com

QQ:1061272055

Aliane_Lewis@kingk-tech.com

or go for the Philips remote controlled Energy Saving bulbs?

http://www.lighting.philips.com.sg/v2/easy...oduct_range.jsp

starter kit 109 with 2 bulbs..no need rewiring etc

Most Home Fix stores selling these now.. Got mine from Choo Chiang at Woodlands. I got those E27 dimmable ones and not the remote control ones but I am sure they can order for you if you advise them what you need..

Went to see the Megaman ones and they were alot more expensive than the Philips ones and also flicker when they are just turned on.. strange as they claimed was normal but I did not see this in the Philips bulbs..