Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aubrey

Retrospectrum Meets Modernisation!

u dont want cornice? he wants to do cornice for me! i said dont need but he say nicer, foc for me. i must ask him about the cornice. to see if the cornice will cover up my electricity trunking (??) cos i dont want it to in case of future problems. :P

and yes i agree! either gingko or PA.

i don't want. the cornice was done by previous owner. i need to do L box to run downlights.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

cannotisit

u are free to drop by my place if u want. just let me know and i can PM you. bet you must have heard the hacking noises from your floor or something. :P

ivy

oh i see. i still think without cornice nicer but uncle wants to hide piping etc with cornice. or something. downlights are like spotlights right?

lawry

good, but i dont need. :P wonder what i will see at home tonight!

for everyone

may i have some input from all of you once more regarding hob/hood/oven? the rinnai package i chose is very pricey! $1,900 for the 3 items. (yes i chose the new inner flame made in japan ceran glasstop)

Hi aubrey ... I just bought my 3 rm flat too & waiting for my 2nd appointment to get the keys in June so wondering if I could drop by 1 day to see your house? I need some ideas for my reno .. :P

Also intend to get the famous Uncle Soon to reno my flat so can check out his workmanship too ...

hello! sure u are welcome to but at this moment i have nth to show for. i will post here bit by bit and when its better i will definitely have an open house. :)

Ok sure! Will be waiting for ur nice nice pics ... Cos nt many 3 rm flats reno done to view here in RT actually ... mostly 4 or 5 rooms if u realised ... Anyway gd luck in ur reno :D

Heya Aubrey,

Nice to see your reno work progressing well. I think you're the first person to capture a proper picture of the elusive Ah Soon.

Guess his fans here can upload that to the Ah Soon club Facebook group as the profile picture already.

Did you manage to check out the latest issue of Lookbox yet?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but I just wanted to understand the concept of the symbolic hacking/knocking of Dong Tu as you guys call it.

Mind sharing?

For hood/hob, why don't you consider EF? I can pass you a contact at Best Denki IMM. The sales executive can give you a discount.

I bought the $888 package. Cheers.

hahah actually the facebook account is not meant to be a fan club :P just that the sotong me dunno how to create ended up become a fan club.

It is more for posting and sharing of pictures of the works done by Uncle. Members are of course welcome to air their negative views there as well so that new home owners can have a good gauge of what they will be expecting if they are engaging uncle.

aubrey,

actually dun heard noise cos i'm living in 16th floor and get home quite late ard 7plus - 8pm, i'm also interested to see the super famous ah soon 3rm reno work, maybe will drop by for your open hse.

for me, conise is alright cos can hide the wiring but L-Box is no no, scare got dead insects/dirt inside and my new hse is those low celling type. not suitable to have L-Box.

my friend also recommend me rinnai for hood/hob, maybe can take down model and ask uncle to find for u see he got cheaper lobang or not.

my colleague recommend me this brand techno, it's an italian brand maybe u can take a look:

http://www.happiness.com.sg/

he recommended this triple burner gas hob T6339SS ($438.70).

Wah I've been away for a bit and so much has happened! Aubrey I'm sure your house will be completely transformed!! haha now you know why we kept encouraging you to move out!!!

Congrats to the start of your reno, really amazing to see another one progressing so fast.

I do not have any experience with rinnai stuff .. but heard that they are very established in the market.

I read from someone's post that the package may not be cheaper, it may be worthwhile to check the price separately.

We bought a package from Asia Excel, which includes Franke sink, mixer, hob and chimney hood for 1099.

But it is still not installed yet, so cannot feedback

Day 2 of reno - more hacking and tiles arrived

Sorry no pictures cos my house is pitch black and my wirings are in a mess! uncle promised to wrap up my lights and ceiling fan. i have been nagging at him since day 1 but no work done. i shall convey my wishes to ah heng directly. i really want them to wrap it least i have problems with stains and stuff. then it will be more work to rectify that. the maxim prevention is better than cure will be applicable here.

what i see in my dark dark house now is a pile of sand in the kitchen, my tiles have been delivered. supposed to check but i cant with no lights. have yet to tell ah soon how to stick the tiles but it is pretty straightforward, but i rather take the extra effort to ensure all is correct then to go thru more trouble to rectify later. they have yet to plaster my walls in the other rooms yet. :unsure: and i found this odd hole in my kitchen wall! its not supposed to be hacked!! must ask uncle tmr. :(

purple_tulip

agreed. most of the reno are for 4 - 5 rooms also mansionettes. i hope mine turns out fine. :)

adrian

well he's not that elusive anymore! hahah i think its better that way. i feel like he's some star and we are his little managers. :P about the dong tu, i was just kidding. the wall is meant to be hacked. i did not do any symbolic hacking so i am not sure. gotta ask ivy, she did the hacking.

i have the current lookbox annual borrowed from my workplace. not sure if the latest copy of lookbox will be sent to my office. but by the time they sent, think my reno is over. think i will just have to buy it.

growler

i dont know if italian brands are good for asian cooking hence looking at rinnai. just wanna hear some comments or user reviews first before deciding. hows the flame for EF? btw, i hardly see EF at jalan besar. mostly rinnai, hobz, ellane, tecno and things like that.

ivy

hope my house can contribute to his mini online portfolio! but i dont see the link to the facebook page on your signature, u have the link? :P

cannotisit

tecno is singaporean brand. i done my homework on them, their uno range is made in china while the rest are made in italy. but not that keen on them cos their designs are not very eye catching. happiness.. they carry turbo right? was at the showroom and the lady mention they are under turbo. any reviews on that? trying to see if uncle can get the package for me at a cheaper rate for rinnai. if not i will just have to get something else.

pet

ya u missed day 1 only, not to worry. they are speedy, but my house is small. so its ok. poor workers. they kept asking my mom for water. but we are both away at work mostly so my mom left a kettle of water for them, hope that is enough. but seriously i dont think it is. and i am sure glad that we rented the place next door. my mom is starting to itch too. and she has it worse than me. :(

apples

thanks and yes its really fast! im quite surprised at the speed. they cleared the debris for the whole house today.

your package from asia excel, is the hob and hood from rinnai? how about your oven? did u get one? sounds like a good deal. is the sink a double bowl? sorry but may i know where is asia excel?? i got the price individually as well as the package. now just need to ask uncle if he can get cheaper. if can i will leave it to him so we can save more.

i replied on the other thread about the address of the shop i bought my rinnai hob. u can check out the prices there first before making ur decision bah. for hob, i still prefer rinnai for its stronger flame for asian cooking.

as a gauge, for rinnai hoob RB-382, i was quoted $250 by the shop.

Is it illegal to build a storeroom in your kitchen if original flat don't come with storeroom.

must apply permit or not?

can i see picture those who build a storeroom in your kitchen?