Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

i joke with her only la,hehe...

So u engaging hauhau also? :thumbs up:

Ya, most likely will engage them. :)

BTW, is your place at Racecourse at the Blk 11 to 14 cluster?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Skyblue advertise for Carlsberg, Booy advertise for F&N, now Rondy advertise for City Square.

Hey Rondy, use my t-blog space, must charge them royalty fee oredi. Ahahahahahaa! :P

New, love u!!!! (uh, friendly love, not love love :D :D )

Saw your post about buying direct from Hauhau, am going to do timber skirting too and didn't know i can buy direct. Are the prices you listed also for the skirting and will they be able to do the measurement or do I contact this Mr Gan???

Or can I buy the loose pieces and let Yeak install? Like what you did with the Blum stuff.

Edited by kthc

Thanks newnyew,

Replied to you in my thread:) When I contacted Yeak, he also said he's using the same installer. I forgot that your $1.30psf didn't include labour costs :bangwall:

wahaha...

Mr Gan is the Boss for installing the parquet.

Meaning

Materials get from Susan from Hauhau Parquet.

But Labour comes from Mr Gan of Chuan Wang Parquet.

After u sign n pay Hauhau n they send, no more their business liao.

U will liaise with Mr Gan for the installing part.

He accepts cash n cheque only also.

Partial payment for installing and the rest when he comes back to buah the parquet.

but never see him before. only the 2workers.

Ah Ok, thanks for clarifying.

So this Mr Gan is the labour person that Hauhau specifies in their quote, or a separate guy?

So since he works with Yeak, shall I just ask Yeak to arrange with him to install and just get the parquet materials from Susan?

Sorry ar, just wanted to make sure so I don't cock up... :P

Have u told Yeak u r doing parquet?

for the bedrooms only or where?

Yeah I told him oredi. I'll only be doing for bedrooms and doing overlay. So he'll revise the hacking costs to only hack skirting and patch for the bedrooms only. Hey, thanks for all your help and advice New. Really appreciate it. :)

On Sunday, I popped by IFC to have a look-see. Was really amazed and awed at the wide array of furniture that will potentially lighten my wallet and bank account and maybe perhaps even increase my debts. :P Was also a good chance to bring my parents there to source out for their new bed and other furniture items as well.

Alot of nice white contemporary-styled leather sofas, but really worried that it may end up 'artisitically destroyed' by my kids armed with markers, poster paint and crayons in the near future. Some of the contemporary sofas look good, but somehow when you sit on them, its not very comfy. Surpisingly, one sofa that we kinda liked and shortlisted came from a store selling country furniture. Essentially, its a sofa with a wood frame, but somehow, the design is quite contemporary and not too country-fied. I forgot my camera, so didn't manage to capture a pic, but essentially it looks like the blue-cushioned one in the picture:

woodsofas.jpg

Do you guys think its fine to have a wooden sofa with a more contemporary-style theme? It seems quite OK, as I've seen some similar usage in books on modern/contemporary themed apartments in the UK/US/Europe. Just wanna make sure it don't clash or look funny. :)

Time really flies. Can't believe after months of waiting, our 2nd appointment will finally be concluded by next Friday!

Right now the immediate finalisation required would be the air-con vendor and in the meantime, we're rushing to confirm furniture options (e.g. sofa sets, stand-alone tables etc) so that we can choose the colours for the carpentry easily. Not sure about the wood option posted above, maybe we'll go with good full fabric sofas....

Also probably gotta meet up with Yeak to finalise some changes and get a schedule worked out.

Some perspective drawings to share from Yeak - These will be for the kitchen. Layout chosen's as voted and suggested by some of you kind folks. :) For service balcony the cabinet layout will be subject to change, as we'll be placing both washing machine and dryer there.

perspectivekitchenpage2.jpg

perspectivekitchenpage1.jpg