Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

Hehe, the best way to deal with unwanted advices - one ear in, one ear out. Easier said than done, but tat's still the best. :P

The balcony doors look good! We thought of changing ours to those, but they're X! (

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
indeed the place look big!! :good:

BD: Maybe its just optical illusion and because its empty. But definitely bigger than my current place for sure.

Hehe, the best way to deal with unwanted advices - one ear in, one ear out. Easier said than done, but tat's still the best. :P

The balcony doors look good! We thought of changing ours to those, but they're X! (

Yes Angel, its hard and I'm trying my best to chill and look the other way. :rolleyes:

We actually thought of keeping the doors cos' the previous owner told us it cost quite a bit. But the condition of the wood and the tracks is rather bad and rotten, and it'd be quite expensive to re-do it. We'll sadly be removing it. Now thinking perhaps to replace it with a tempered glass sliding door instead to maintain a clear view.

Wow, nice spacious layout.

And you've got a fantastic view from your balcony. Totally unblocked... must be pretty windy and cooling. Nice!!! :D

Yes Angel, its hard and I'm trying my best to chill and look the other way. :rolleyes:

We actually thought of keeping the doors cos' the previous owner told us it cost quite a bit. But the condition of the wood and the tracks is rather bad and rotten, and it'd be quite expensive to re-do it. We'll sadly be removing it. Now thinking perhaps to replace it with a tempered glass sliding door instead to maintain a clear view.

Har??? That's sad... From the pic, the doors look ok. Tempered glass sliding door sounds good too. :)

Some BEFORE pics of the MBR

Views of the Inner Wall of the MBR, where the Bathroom entrance and dresser will now be located.

mbrfacingbathroom.jpg

Another view of the Inner Wall of the MBR, where the Bed's head will be placed.

mbrfromhole.jpg

View from Inner Wall showing the window and link to the next room, where the wardrobe will now be. The wall on the right will be broken down to make an entrace to the MBR

mbrfacingbr3.jpg

View of the adjoining room to the MBR from the link

mbrtoadjoiningbedroom2.jpg

Inside view of the MBR showing both vanity and shower area

masterbathvanity.jpg

Edited by adrian_john

Wow, nice spacious layout.

And you've got a fantastic view from your balcony. Totally unblocked... must be pretty windy and cooling. Nice!!! :D

Thanks Rusty. One of the things we like about our new place is that there's totally unblocked view for all the bedrooms and balcony.

Yeah, its quite windy throughout the day too. The previous owner was sharing that they don't even need to switch on air-con. :)

Har??? That's sad... From the pic, the doors look ok. Tempered glass sliding door sounds good too. :)

I was thinking tempered glass would be a good way to minimise blocking the view, is more durable (cos' I heard from previous owner that sometimes heavy rain will blow quite furiously onto the door) and easier to open. I hope to leave it clear but I think better to put decals before my parents or kids run and bang into it.

Very spacious.. but there's some weird corners.. Luckily your planning and drawings are good.. So can definitely overcome all these...

Then you don't need to buy aircon liao.. Can save a few thousands.. hee.. I'm looking forward to visit your home after reno completes, so near my place.. :)

Very spacious.. but there's some weird corners.. Luckily your planning and drawings are good.. So can definitely overcome all these...

Then you don't need to buy aircon liao.. Can save a few thousands.. hee.. I'm looking forward to visit your home after reno completes, so near my place.. :)

Yeah, the weird corners, particularly the slanted wall at the MBR window, did give us quite abit of a headache and inflexibility in terms of placement of furniture and facing of our bed in the MBR. Also as usual, there's always the perpetual Bishan Beam problem and not to mention, I hate the way the sewage pipes are laid out. The common toilet has 2 pipes directly at the shower area, and there's some running overhead in the MBR bath, which deprived me of having a rainshower. But I guess now, I'm glad everything is more or less finalised and its good to get the reno moving. :)

I think despite the place being windy, I'll still install Air-Con lah. You'll never know when S'pore will have hazy or hot spells. Maybe the previous owner's heat tolerance is better than my family's too! :P How's your Starmex so far? I'm deciding between the 2 Mitsubishi brands.

Edited by adrian_john

Had some spare time today, so just did up the revised floor plan on floorplanner. Funny thing was it didn't allow me to save and export to an image file. So I had to capture based on screen shot.

floorplan5aug.jpg

Edited by adrian_john

hey..

i realise our reno wrk done concurrently y mr yeak

mine started reno yst..

and nice layout! :)

ur toilet v big.. gt space for bathtub!

mine so small placing of sink also headache!

Edited by ling3bzr

I was thinking tempered glass would be a good way to minimise blocking the view, is more durable (cos' I heard from previous owner that sometimes heavy rain will blow quite furiously onto the door) and easier to open. I hope to leave it clear but I think better to put decals before my parents or kids run and bang into it.

Hehe, tink decals will look great on the glass. :)

Nice layout, good flow. :P

Yeah, the weird corners, particularly the slanted wall at the MBR window, did give us quite abit of a headache and inflexibility in terms of placement of furniture and facing of our bed in the MBR. Also as usual, there's always the perpetual Bishan Beam problem and not to mention, I hate the way the sewage pipes are laid out. The common toilet has 2 pipes directly at the shower area, and there's some running overhead in the MBR bath, which deprived me of having a rainshower. But I guess now, I'm glad everything is more or less finalised and its good to get the reno moving. :)

I think despite the place being windy, I'll still install Air-Con lah. You'll never know when S'pore will have hazy or hot spells. Maybe the previous owner's heat tolerance is better than my family's too! :P How's your Starmex so far? I'm deciding between the 2 Mitsubishi brands.

I'm sure your home will turn out nice nice with your good planning despite the weird corners.. I have already decided that my next home must have minimal beams and columns, gave me tons of headache as well.. hee...

The Mitsubishi Starmex is good.. Very cooling even at optimal 25 degree... My living room ones is higher powered and it can cool down entire living room pretty fast..

the time you took to plan the layout is definitely worth it....even with all the funny walls, i think the final layout seems quite good....

when is your reno starting?

The Mitsubishi Starmex is good.. Very cooling even at optimal 25 degree... My living room ones is higher powered and it can cool down entire living room pretty fast..

Booy, thanks for your feedback on the Starmex! So far alot of good feedback on it. So I guess I'd opt for it.

Probably take a higher powered one for the master (maybe 18000 or 22000btu) and normal 9000btus for the rest.

the time you took to plan the layout is definitely worth it....even with all the funny walls, i think the final layout seems quite good....

when is your reno starting?

Heya PJ. Reno started yesterday. I popped by in the evening and the whole house (whatever was posted in the pictures) is pretty much hacked away already.

hey..

i realise our reno wrk done concurrently y mr yeak

mine started reno yst..

and nice layout! :)

ur toilet v big.. gt space for bathtub!

mine so small placing of sink also headache!

Yup, guess yours and mine's concurrent. Mine started yesterday.

We initially wanted to put a tub back there to enhance and fit with the 'hotel-style' bathroom look.

But in the end, we decided not to for safety considerations, due to the 2 small hyper kids.

I just hope its a decision I won't live to regret.

The MBR in my current place is also quite small. We solved the problem by sourcing out very compact and small glass bowls with a mount, and even for the mirror cabinet, we found an ultra-slim and compact one. Bretz at Park Mall has quite good solutions for compact and slim stuff, but of course, it comes at a price.

You can try checking it out.