Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Adrian

1st time posting in ur thread but i need to say i love ur choice of tiles for your toilets. Tho' i cant visualise when u say lay them horizontally or vertically but looking at the tiles oredy give me a picture of posh looking 5-star hotel toilets leh :D .

Hi Adrian, great that your tiles selection is smooth flowing this time, and that you can move on to other matters yet to be finalised. :)

Strange, don't know why I've miss this thread all these while, and despite many others have said (I'm slow, haha), your very own design drawing is really impressive. I try to image myself doing that with the method you mentioned, I don't think I can do it wor... ;)

Now, I also can feel the "excitement" as the date of your reno gets nearer to start soon, do post more photos, if time permits. Cheers!! :D

at his office? im sure he is hoping that i will talk less tmr. :D

Wah, u got alot of things to grill him issit? :P

Actually hor, I'll double check with him on location. I think its supposed to be my place.

Hi Adrian

1st time posting in ur thread but i need to say i love ur choice of tiles for your toilets. Tho' i cant visualise when u say lay them horizontally or vertically but looking at the tiles oredy give me a picture of posh looking 5-star hotel toilets leh :D .

Hi pbtgal, thanks for visiting my t-blog and your nice compliments of the proposed toilets. I sure hope they turn out nice. But I think I may do it horizontally.

Seen some of those sample walls and set-ups at the tile showrooms and most do the horizontal way as it gives a better look to the running tones.

Hi Adrian, great that your tiles selection is smooth flowing this time, and that you can move on to other matters yet to be finalised. :)

Strange, don't know why I've miss this thread all these while, and despite many others have said (I'm slow, haha), your very own design drawing is really impressive. I try to image myself doing that with the method you mentioned, I don't think I can do it wor... ;)

Now, I also can feel the "excitement" as the date of your reno gets nearer to start soon, do post more photos, if time permits. Cheers!! :D

Ahahaha .. smoother than 5 years ago, but still some finalising needed on choice.. but almost there lah! :) Actually for the tiles also, the other tricky part is that Yeak doesn't have any arrangements with some of the tile shops, so I may need to place the order myself. So I'm trying as far as possible to get the tiles from those suppliers that he usually deals with.

The drawings, well, I actually never thought abt it until I visited the IDs, then I thought I'd try to draw some rough sketches for myself and wife to better visualise things. And since I started sketching, its kinda revived that interest to draw, and then mix it with use of more current computer software. :P

Adrian, can try bringing your tiles from the other shops to Yeak's usual places. I brought one from a different shop to Hafary and they said they have the same tile there, no harm trying.

your living tiles is sort of marble! :good:

Ron, its homogenous tiles but it really has the marble look to it and a semi-gloss sheen, which is why we like it alot.

Adrian, can try bringing your tiles from the other shops to Yeak's usual places. I brought one from a different shop to Hafary and they said they have the same tile there, no harm trying.

Thanks for the heads up kthc, for the kitchen and balcony tiles, all can be gotten at Hafary (unless I decide to take another similar grey balcony floor from another supplier), and the bathroom ones are from Sin Lek. So its only the Living/Dining and the bedrooms (if we decide on tiles and not laminate/parquet) one now that's the odd one out.

ya think i got loads to GRILL him! haha :D

chey tot u n christine will go his shop then i can wait n see wat u have also ;)

Today not my turn to show him lah.

Its his turn to share ideas for MBR layout and other stuff which we left open for discussion from our last meeting. :)

Met up with Mr Yeak yesterday to discuss further from where we left off during our last site visit.

He shared with us some design proposals from his designer. These are some her perspective drawings for the MBR.

View Proposed MBR Layout with Dresser.

perspectivembr2.jpg

View of Proposed Walk-in Closet Area.

perspectivembrwardrobe.jpg

Guess after thinking it through, this layout would best utilise the space.

The only thing we'll have to get used to is that walking space will be a little cramped: Example - The size of bed used by the designer in the layout plan is Queen, whereas mine is King. So, according to Yeak, the space to walk inside the Walk-in Closet and between the TV to the Bed will be only about 1 tile space (60cm).

Tiles-wise, is more or less selected also. Yeak was kind enough to help us liaise with the supplier for the white Living/Dining/Corridor to Room tiles. From the looks of it, we'll most definitely go for parquet for all 4 bedrooms. For the kitchen tiles, Yeak's advise to us for the 'LV Epi Leather' tiles was that the tiles would stain easily and be very hard to maintain. He also suggested that matt tiles might not end up with a nice effect and hence recommended us to go for 60cm X 30cm glossy white wall tiles instead. So we decided to follow that.

Also discussed other things like MBR toilet and TV console. Will update further shortly. Got to rush for a short briefing. :)

The design seem good...i will have the same prob having a small walking area in my Mini wiw...just curious...how many feet of wardrobe u are having for the wiw?:)

Met up with Mr Yeak yesterday to discuss further from where we left off during our last site visit.

He shared with us some design proposals from his designer. These are some her perspective drawings for the MBR.

View Proposed MBR Layout with Dresser.

View of Proposed Walk-in Closet Area.

Guess after thinking it through, this layout would best utilise the space.

The only thing we'll have to get used to is that walking space will be a little cramped: Example - The size of bed used by the designer in the layout plan is Queen, whereas mine is King. So, according to Yeak, the space to walk inside the Walk-in Closet and between the TV to the Bed will be only about 1 tile space (60cm).

This design is not bad, looks pretty cool.

The only thing is the small walking space, only one person at time hor...

Hopefully, your other areas would be better. :)

Hi skyblue!!!!How are you?hehe...

sorry now then free to talk to u ...are u disappointed that day we didnt start the mahjong session?

well,i guess not enough kakis as the gals never said they are interested to play and BD also not there...

Hello, fine for me. You too right? :)

No lor, I don't mean that day should have MJ session, I was asking you when would be the MJ session.

So long 了 mah, haha...

wahh ur WIW is cool leh.. but hor 1 tile walking space seems quite cramp. uhmm the designer spells ur wardrobe as "walking" wardrobe wahh so high tech!!! hahaha