Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Thanks pbtgal. Yup, its good to get started. No choice too, gotta rush as I have to handover my current unit to my buyer.

How's everything going for yours?

Hi AJ

the tiles u have chosen for the toilets seem exp, is it > $3? They look nice & classy. Congrats on the good progress, hope to see more pics.

Mine not completed, there are o/s carpentry to be done. Cant blame ID cos we kana chased out by our buyer :~ But so far, we have been quite happy with our ID's response despite her biz getting more & more.

hey AJ, good to see u back in action.

we also felt our common toilet looked rather bare after the tiles were up... the wife feels its empty... should have added some feature tiles for contrast :(

too late to change for us. good that u can change urs!

Heya Beany. Saw the good progress for you place in your T-blog as well. Looking good. I wanted to post at your T-blog but somehow I always had some problems, as the IE would close. Don't know why also. Yeah, we're glad we could make the small adjustment. Somehow it provides the wall with a slight contrast.

Wah congrats on starting!!! *MIA for so long* hehe.

MMm can see that the tiles you chose are the "hotel" classy looking sort!

Pet! Welcome back! Haven't seen you posting on RT for some time now! Busy with work?

Yup, the tiles were chosen to have abit of the "hotel" or "luxury" theme and feel.

Hi AJ

the tiles u have chosen for the toilets seem exp, is it > $3? They look nice & classy. Congrats on the good progress, hope to see more pics.

Mine not completed, there are o/s carpentry to be done. Cant blame ID cos we kana chased out by our buyer :~ But so far, we have been quite happy with our ID's response despite her biz getting more & more.

Pbtgal, luckily for us the marble-like tiles we found were exactly at $3/psf at Sin Lek. Quite suitable for the 'luxe' theme cos' we couldn't really find any nicer and more luxe looking ones like those anywhere else at that price. Those that are really that nice or nicer, cost almost 3 times more cos' they're from Italy.

Edited by adrian_john

Hi AJ,

I also saw your common toilet wall tiles at Hafary. The saleman introduced those as marble-look alike classy hotel style tiles to us. We didn't like brownish/yellow ones, so took the white range of the marble wall tiles. We're having them at the master toilet. Hee.. we like the clean look. But like what you said, it will look kinda bare if comparing against the others where they added mosaic / a strip of different tiles. :)

Do keep the pics coming! :D

TILING UPDATE 2

Visited the unit late last night. Tiling work still in progress. They've done up the flooring for both bathrooms. And tiled most of the kitchen. I think most likely they'll be starting on the balcony and living area tiles today.

housetiling2014.jpg

Night view of the Living Area. I must say the house does look quite nice when it's dark especially with the open views.

housetiling2009.jpg

Kitchen divider up and wall tiles done up. Waterproofing has been done for the floor. Just awaiting for it to dry up before laying the floor tiles.

Many thanks to Angel for recommending glossy tiles. I think if we had gone with matt ones, it wouldn't have the reflective effect and looked more plain.

housetiling2010.jpg

housetiling2011.jpg

Divider and Service Balcony wall tiles are also up.

TILING UPDATE 2 (Continued)

housetiling2012.jpg

Common Bathroom wall and floor done up. Now awaiting placement of the dark brown strip in the marked out area on the left.

housetiling2013.jpg

MBR Bathroom wall and floor done up.

Hi AJ,

I also saw your common toilet wall tiles at Hafary. The saleman introduced those as marble-look alike classy hotel style tiles to us. We didn't like brownish/yellow ones, so took the white range of the marble wall tiles. We're having them at the master toilet. Hee.. we like the clean look. But like what you said, it will look kinda bare if comparing against the others where they added mosaic / a strip of different tiles. :)

Do keep the pics coming! :D

Hiya Rasp.

Your reno looks like it's moving pretty well too.

Clean look is always good! :) I love your floor! Real marble is really the best! :)

Our Kitchen and Living Areas will pretty much be following a clean monochromatic (black/white/grey) look. We only made an exception for the 2 toilets and will probably add some colour to the walls in the 4 bedrooms. :)

One thing though, for the toilet wall and floor tiles, the actual colour and effect comes out better and richer when it's 'Live' and under warm white lighting.

Somehow under camera flash and white lights it looks very different and sometimes even dull.

Edited by adrian_john

Hiya Rasp.

Your reno looks like it's moving pretty well too.

Clean look is always good! :) I love your floor! Real marble is really the best! :)

Our Kitchen and Living Areas will pretty much be following a clean monochromatic (black/white/grey) look.

We only made an exception for the 2 toilets. And will probably add some colour to the walls in the 4 bedrooms. :)

Hee.. our kitchen also going for the same colour tone. Currently, the white wall + grey floor look quite ok. Hopefully with the cabinet turns out well.

Did you go for grey kitchen floor tile also? Maybe our kitchens will look similar. Hee.. infact, I think both our reno progress quite close also. :D

Hee.. our kitchen also going for the same colour tone. Currently, the white wall + grey floor look quite ok. Hopefully with the cabinet turns out well.

Did you go for grey kitchen floor tile also? Maybe our kitchens will look similar. Hee.. infact, I think both our reno progress quite close also. :D

Yeah, looks like we have the same colour scheme almost.

I initially wanted dark grey tiles for the kitchen floor, but in the end we found this other tile that has a white base with fine stripes/lines to give a slightly light grey and textured effect, so we went with that.

I guess black and white is by far a very safe scheme to go with. Quite timeless and brightens the house. :)

Yeah, looks like we have the same colour scheme almost.

I initially wanted dark grey tiles for the kitchen floor, but in the end we found this other tile that has a white base with fine stripes/lines to give a slightly light grey and textured effect, so we went with that.

I guess black and white is by far a very safe scheme to go with. Quite timeless and brightens the house. :)

Your description of the kitchen tiles remind me of my balcony's tile. But I flipped through your old posting and saw the tile sample. Darker than I imagined. hee.. but i think it will look good. Guess white walls are easy to go with most colours. :D

I also saw your other tiles selection. Think your house going to be more interesting than mine with black tiles for mbr and study. :idea: Very unique choice.

your house looks good!!! love the mbr toilet wall tiles.....so excited to see others reno in progress....yours especially after all those drawings now gonna see it manifesting....hhehehehe post more pictures ok!!!

Edited by preciousjam

hey precious,u can consider re-renovate in the next 5 years,haha..or maybe sell and buy another house,hehe.Surprise lately HDB still going High!

wahahaha....haven't even stay for 1 year, already asking me to sell....hmmm re- renovate...think my hubby will think i crazy....my old house's reno lasted us for almost 10 years...

Hey pal,

maybe u can consider adding this type of metal strips when they are doing the wall tiles.

the strips new suggested looks great....are you doing something similar?

Many thanks to Angel for recommending glossy tiles. I think if we had gone with matt ones, it wouldn't have the reflective effect and looked more plain.

Hehe, most welcome! I'm glad they turn out great. Ur tiling looks good! :)

Hey pal,

maybe u can consider adding this type of metal strips when they are doing the wall tiles.

3837692180_038d4213fa.jpg

This one looks good! :D Very classy :P

TILING UPDATE 2 (Continued)

housetiling2012.jpg

Common Bathroom wall and floor done up. Now awaiting placement of the dark brown strip in the marked out area on the left.

i see ur windows have been cut out for the ventilation fans too... are ur new windows all up already?

we also got ventilation fan for our common toilet, but seems there is a funny smell fm there... dunno whether its cos no window, or cos its abit dirty now cos the workers r using it.

hope after the fan is up and running, it will smell like a field of roses instead of now... :unsure: