Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

hi AJ, saw tt ur partition is also done with gypsum board as the covering? did yeak give u any reason as to why he did that?

our built-up storeroom is also the same - ID told us it's cos they can paint over it.

the hubby feels that gypsum board shouldn't be used tho... the wife... well, she is clueless :P

any insights?

hey beany,

my partition wall also same material.

i guess the reason is its faster to build a wall using this board

rather than using hollow blocks which is time consuming, tedious n messy with the cement.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey beany,

my partition wall also same material.

i guess the reason is its faster to build a wall using this board

rather than using hollow blocks which is time consuming, tedious n messy with the cement.

thanks new... basically, if the storeroom doesn't fall apart, the wife is OK with it. hehe

the hubby feels the gypsum board is not of quality material tho... cos quote stated tt all carpentry in "solid plywood". this doesnt quality as solid plywood to him, he feels it is mushy inferior stuff.

but as long as we dun go crashing into the wall, it should stand for the next 20yrs, right? *cross fingers*

thanks new... basically, if the storeroom doesn't fall apart, the wife is OK with it. hehe

the hubby feels the gypsum board is not of quality material tho... cos quote stated tt all carpentry in "solid plywood". this doesnt quality as solid plywood to him, he feels it is mushy inferior stuff.

but as long as we dun go crashing into the wall, it should stand for the next 20yrs, right? *cross fingers*

yala i also feel its not 'solid' enough.

but funny lei, urs is to form a storeroom? i would feel it shd be done with hollow blocks lor.

unless u wan a wall of partition then the board is ok.

thats how i feel la.

ahahahhaha... my bad lor. should have come to ur blog n show u earlier.

if u suggest to pay the worker abit more he sure hack for u :P

if all else fails, nvm, i buy chrome ribbon for u to stick. :D

You know, I have half a mind to do that, pay to hack and re-do just that portion. But don't know if it'll affect my timeline or not leh. :(

Ahahaha ... yup, at most I use chrome ribbon. :D

Actually now I realised that I didn't really give much thought on how to do the Common Bathroom. Originally, I thought anyhow do never mind cos' Common Bath mah, but now with the tiles up, I realised it has to somehow still fit into the look. Haiz, cracking my head how to do the basin side - Dunno if should do a basin cabinet or how ...

hi AJ, saw tt ur partition is also done with gypsum board as the covering? did yeak give u any reason as to why he did that?

our built-up storeroom is also the same - ID told us it's cos they can paint over it.

the hubby feels that gypsum board shouldn't be used tho... the wife... well, she is clueless :P

any insights?

Heya Beany,

As New mentioned, gypsum board is a probably a quick, easy and neat way to do up a wall at a cheaper cost as compared to a full hollow-block.

I had initially chosen a hollow-block wall, but Yeak suggested the gypsum board so that way I can save abit and still achieve a constructed 'wall' of sorts.

For this case, its only to carve out space for a Store and I won't be mounting anything on it so I'm OK with it. The other side of the partition is for a slot of cabinets.

your Raw Parquet also provided by yeak?

Your long passage way leading to the room,can install

some small painting with the spot light shine on it,will look nice wow.

:good:

Hmmm .. that's another area that I haven't really thought about.

I guess we may put up pictures/posters/photos/paintings there and my children will probably play around there too.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

BTW, wanted to seek the advice of those who've already had their carpentry done up.

Which brand of laminates would you recommend for glossy laminates and also matt 'wood'-type laminates?

I have EDL, Jennings and Lamitak for consideration and hence would like to seek feedback on these brands.

Your house is looking good! I love that pretty dark flooring..

EDL and Lamitek are the more popular choice nowadays.. The selection is also newer.. Try the solid core of Lamitek if you have $$$, super nice.. :)

Your house is looking good! I love that pretty dark flooring..

EDL and Lamitek are the more popular choice nowadays.. The selection is also newer.. Try the solid core of Lamitek if you have $$$, super nice.. :)

Thanks for the tip Booy. I took a look at the solid core ones. Really nice.

I think for the whites and blacks, the most common choice colour looks like Piano White and Black.

I like their wood grain ones too. But not sure if it'd look nice for the wardrobe. For the wardrobe, I think I'd like something similar to yours - full height glass sliding door; or like storms - full height mirror. Wifey not so keen about the latter tho' cos' she thinks its not good if the children sleep facing a mirror.

Anyways, once the house is more or less done up, you're welcome to pop by since your place is just about 5 minutes' walk away. :)

u gotta source for the light now and tell the electrician your lighting point so that they can lay the lighting wire over that area. ;)

All lighting points planned out already. To save myself headache, I decided to use downlights for the whole house, except the foyer, balcony and common bath. And knowing that my wife and mum are the sort that don't like dark but like super bright house types, we made sure the house got more than enough light going around. Ahahahahahha!

Edited by adrian_john

FALSE CEILING AND PARTITION UPDATE

False ceiling for the Living and Dining area is up. The guys have also done up partially the false ceiling for the bedroom corridor and the bedrooms.

housetiling5005.jpg

Partition wall for the MBR for the TV console area and a mini passage way for the dresser outside the MBR Bathroom. Looks a little narrow due to the constraints of space.

housetiling5001.jpg

housetiling5002.jpg

Edited by adrian_john

You know, I have half a mind to do that, pay to hack and re-do just that portion. But don't know if it'll affect my timeline or not leh. :(

Ahahaha ... yup, at most I use chrome ribbon. :D

Actually now I realised that I didn't really give much thought on how to do the Common Bathroom. Originally, I thought anyhow do never mind cos' Common Bath mah, but now with the tiles up, I realised it has to somehow still fit into the look. Haiz, cracking my head how to do the basin side - Dunno if should do a basin cabinet or how ...

haiya, dun hack liao la. its not necessary although it will make the whole toilet looks nicer.

actually i think there shd be those stick-on types. maybe u can ask yeak.

but the downside is there will be a slight depth which might collect dust.

as for the common bath, i would suggest u do a basin cabinet.

u said the Lady likes alot of storage ma right? haha..

just do one in a shade she loves :D

tried finding the closest shade i could for u lei!

3861218932_f679a6ba73.jpg

haiya, dun hack liao la. its not necessary although it will make the whole toilet looks nicer.

actually i think there shd be those stick-on types. maybe u can ask yeak.

but the downside is there will be a slight depth which might collect dust.

Alternatively, instead of hacking (which will cost you more moolah damage) you may want to consider 'pasting' a narrow strip of stainless steel. The 'pasting' has to be done with industrial glue.

Do let me know if you are keen to get a customized stainless steel contact.

BTW, your house is looking good.