Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian_john

Our 2nd Home In Bishan

Your description of the kitchen tiles remind me of my balcony's tile. But I flipped through your old posting and saw the tile sample. Darker than I imagined. hee.. but i think it will look good. Guess white walls are easy to go with most colours. :D

I also saw your other tiles selection. Think your house going to be more interesting than mine with black tiles for mbr and study. :idea: Very unique choice.

Agreed, white is indeed easy to go with almost any colour. So that will kinda ease the headache when it comes to furniture or face-lifts in the future.

Oh, apart from the Living Room tiles, most of the tiles in tiles selection you saw have been changed actually.

The kitchen and balcony will share the same white base-grey striped tiles I mentioned. Whereas, we'll be doing parquet for the rooms now instead. I love those black tiles for rooms actually, but since I've already lived with it for 5 years, I guess parquet is a refreshing change. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Nice choice of using white tiles,it makes your kitchen looks bigger and brighter!I see the divider,is it wet and dry kitchen?

Yup. White sure brightens up the kitchen, which is kinda dark in the day due to the absence of a strong natural light.

The divider does separate Dry and Wet portions I suppose. Behind it we're actually putting a wash area at one spot nearer to the window, while the rest will be for the washing machine and tall cabinet.

your house looks good!!! love the mbr toilet wall tiles.....so excited to see others reno in progress....yours especially after all those drawings now gonna see it manifesting....hhehehehe post more pictures ok!!!

Thanks PJ. Will post pictures when I can. Thing is, with alot of stuff around, sometimes its hard to get good angles to snap though. :)

Hehe, most welcome! I'm glad they turn out great. Ur tiling looks good! :)

Tiling looks OK so far. I'm glad they did those curved angles at the edges of the walls.

Hey pal,

maybe u can consider adding this type of metal strips when they are doing the wall tiles.

Heya New!

Glad to see you online. The suggestions are really great.

Unfortunately, they've already tiled up most of the walls last week so don't think can get them to put those in, unless of course I hack the walls again. Ahahaha!

Maybe if can stick over then ... hmm... :P

i see ur windows have been cut out for the ventilation fans too... are ur new windows all up already?

we also got ventilation fan for our common toilet, but seems there is a funny smell fm there... dunno whether its cos no window, or cos its abit dirty now cos the workers r using it.

hope after the fan is up and running, it will smell like a field of roses instead of now... :unsure:

Heya Beany,

Yup. All the new windows are up.

For my place there is a funny smell too, which I guess is attributed to the open sewage drainage hole for the WCs.

If the workers are using the hole for their business, there will surely be a lingering smell as there isn't any water to flush or wash it away.

I'm sure all will be OK once its done up.

BTW, just curious, do you drive a black OPC hatchback?

Heya Beany,

Yup. All the new windows are up.

For my place there is a funny smell too, which I guess is attributed to the open sewage drainage hole for the WCs.

If the workers are using the hole for their business, there will surely be a lingering smell as there isn't any water to flush or wash it away.

I'm sure all will be OK once its done up.

BTW, just curious, do you drive a black OPC hatchback?

why do u ask that? did u see someone driving a black OPC spying on you or something? haha.

nope, we dun drive a black car... black is nice, but maintenance will be ****... and given the fact the wife works near tuas, geez, black car will turn to grey car every day cos of the dirt and dust.

so to combat the problem, and to make the dirt look less obvious, we drive a... grey car! :P

TILING UPDATE 3

Tiling for the Living area, Kitchen and Balcony was pretty much completed on Friday. The base for the Kitchen and Serivce Balcony cabinets have also been erected. Debris from the tiling has also been cleared. Next up will be the parquet flooring for the 4 bedrooms, which starts today. The electrical and wiring work, water and gas piping works and false ceiling works will also go on for this week.

Kitchen and Service Balcony Wall Tiles and Cabinet Base Completed. The pipes are supposed to be boxed up with gypsum partition boards and painted over. But now, was thinking, perhaps I should have it tiled as well so the look is more consistent?

housetiling3003.jpg

housetiling3004.jpg

Balcony walls and floor tiled up. Used the same tiles as the kitchen to retain that consistency in looks.

housetiling3006.jpg

Due to ongoing works, all the Living area floor tiles are covered. Hence, so far I haven't got a chance to see the tiled Living are as a whole. This is a small section at the sides of the Living area that shows some of the grain patterns of the tiles.

housetiling3005.jpg

Parquet materials have arrived.

housetiling3008.jpg

why do u ask that? did u see someone driving a black OPC spying on you or something? haha.

nope, we dun drive a black car... black is nice, but maintenance will be ****... and given the fact the wife works near tuas, geez, black car will turn to grey car every day cos of the dirt and dust.

so to combat the problem, and to make the dirt look less obvious, we drive a... grey car! :P

Ahahaha ... Nah, not stalking you or anything! :P

Cos' that day I happened to pass by near your block when I walking the dog, and I passed 2 couples who were talking about their house reno.

So was wondering if that was you lah. :)

Ahahaha ... Nah, not stalking you or anything! :P

Cos' that day I happened to pass by near your block when I walking the dog, and I passed 2 couples who were talking about their house reno.

So was wondering if that was you lah. :)

what dog do u have? next time i'll walk my doggie over to ur place when he comes to visit ;)

what dog do u have? next time i'll walk my doggie over to ur place when he comes to visit ;)

Ah, that's cool! Mine's a very mini mini-schnauzer.

5 yrs old but she's still the size of a puppy. :)

There's alot of dogs at our neighbourhood. Couple of schnauzers, lotsa JRTs and a couple of Golden Retrievers too! :)

PARTITION AND PARQUET WORKS UPDATE - 24 AUG

Was on half-day yesterday so popped by to take a look at the ongoing works in progress. Partition wall for the storeroom is in the midst of being constructed. Once up, the wall will flush nicely and kinda 'hide' the corridor leading into the rooms.

housetiling3010.jpg

The corridor leading to the rooms is now slightly longer and more hidden.

housetiling3019.jpg

Raw Parquet has been laid in all the bedrooms. Will have to let it rest for about 10 to 14 days for the glue to dry.

View of MBR and adjoining room.

housetiling30122.jpg

everything looks good :D

Heya Pal.

Thanks. Looks like a good mess! Ahahahaha. For most of the works, so far so good (Fingers crossed).

Only thing I wish I could've done was the metal strip thing you suggested lah. But I guess I'll have to hack the common toilet and re-tile again. :)

PIPING AND WIRING WORKS UPDATE - 25 AUG

Gas piping has been laid out and the electricians have started work on the wiring for the lighting points in the Living area. Now we have some 'vines' of wires dropping down from the ceiling. Despite our best efforts to minimise any trunking for the whole house, unfortunately, there will be one short line of trunking closer to the TV wall, due to the shift of the SCV and power points.

housetiling4002.jpg

housetiling4001.jpg

Edited by adrian_john

Was on half-day yesterday so popped by to take a look at the ongoing works in progress. Partition wall for the storeroom is in the midst of being constructed. Once up, the wall will flush nicely and kinda 'hide' the corridor leading into the rooms.

housetiling3010.jpg

hi AJ, saw tt ur partition is also done with gypsum board as the covering? did yeak give u any reason as to why he did that?

our built-up storeroom is also the same - ID told us it's cos they can paint over it.

the hubby feels that gypsum board shouldn't be used tho... the wife... well, she is clueless :P

any insights?

Heya Pal.

Thanks. Looks like a good mess! Ahahahaha. For most of the works, so far so good (Fingers crossed).

Only thing I wish I could've done was the metal strip thing you suggested lah. But I guess I'll have to hack the common toilet and re-tile again. :)

ahahahhaha... my bad lor. should have come to ur blog n show u earlier.

if u suggest to pay the worker abit more he sure hack for u :P

if all else fails, nvm, i buy chrome ribbon for u to stick. :D

Edited by newnyew