Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xherion

The Metropolitan

I heard from my property agent that the building materials used for Metropolitan is not very good. Is it true? And is it very noisy as it is just beside the MRT track? I also heard the MRT track actually cuts into the condo compound, above the children playground?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Miu,

The laminates/cabinets were good but the fittings were not so nice especially on bathrooms, but this condo is targeted and priced for mass-market/mid end though not supposed to be luxurious.

The next door neighbor Ascentia Sky has much nicer fittings but has launch price 50% higher than Metro, for me location, price and layout is the no 1 consideration.

And to buy those posh fittings wont cost you more than 20K anyway, so since this is for investment and own-stay it's a clear decision for me.

Yeah the kids playground below mrt track is the thing i hate most for this development.

Btw, I love the layout of your loft! Very unique!

Edited by xherion

Thanks Xherion for clearing my doubts. I agree with you after I seen pics of the inside of your condo. The layout and kitchen is very nice only the bathrooms was a little off. I actually wanted to look at Ascentia Sky but was put off by the the sky high launch price.

Thanks Xherion for clearing my doubts. I agree with you after I seen pics of the inside of your condo. The layout and kitchen is very nice only the bathrooms was a little off. I actually wanted to look at Ascentia Sky but was put off by the the sky high launch price.

I would say that AS still worth to look at as the fittings given are all top notch. However, their price is also top notch. Like what Xherion says, the fittings won’t cost you more than 20K to change. The ID doing the showroom also not bad. But best of all, I would say is their facilities. Therefore, it all depends on if you are buying the unit to use the facilities or to stay at that location.

Hi Miu and Vin,

Yep i drooled looking at Ascentia Sky's jet black colored fittings in the bathrooms, all look very nice.

But the sky high price coupled with the bad layout (almost all rooms has BOTH planters and bay windows) puts me off.

Like Vin said, facilities are very nice, lots of common sky gardens with pools and best of all common sky suite at 45th floor (all residents have access).

Hi Weii,

Reno is 80% done, will take a few pics today after lighting is installed.

Lights were installed today.

Total spending on lights is 1.5K:

2 hanging crystal lights (living/dining)

1 track light with LED bulbs (between living/dining)

11 downlights (kitchen, bathrooms, hallway)

3 ceiling lights (all bedrooms)

2 ceiling lights (utility/wc in yard)

1 hanging light (balcony)

misc: T5, fluorescent

Dining light:

3761274229_12bb2fd21e.jpg

Dining light on:

3761273827_1910dc79e3.jpg

Living light (same as dining), newly installed feature wall and display cabinet with brown tinted mirror:

3762074372_d07ea68a21.jpg

Close up of living/dining light (dark because i adjusted the exposure so you can see the crystals):

3761275377_7074d886f8.jpg

Track light between living/dining, with LED bulbs:

3762073886_b4bcd9d2ed.jpg

Edited by xherion

Balcony:

3762074922_09d97d1bb6.jpg

Downlights (all round, kitchen, bathrooms, foyer, hallway):

3761271963_80f74606ce.jpg

MBR and Bedrooms lights, matched the design with all downlights:

3761271471_2bfab7b979.jpg

Bedroom lights on:

3762076338_ca3a88fec1.jpg

Close up of living/dining light (dark because i adjusted the exposure so you can see the crystals):

3761275377_7074d886f8.jpg

hi

can you remember how much is this light?

Where did you get your lights? 1.5k is a good deal

Hi Adrian John,

Thanks and good luck for your reno too, Yeak is a safe bet, almost engaged him too but had other considerations that time.

Hi Dyleen,

I got the lights from various stores, Lights Arcade, Extreme lighting, and Toyomi (near A lighting in Geylang).

I got the crystal lights for $260 each from Toyomi, it's a really good deal considering the exact same lights i found in Balestier costs more than 1K.

Hi Adrian John,

Thanks and good luck for your reno too, Yeak is a safe bet, almost engaged him too but had other considerations that time.

Hi Dyleen,

I got the lights from various stores, Lights Arcade, Extreme lighting, and Toyomi (near A lighting in Geylang).

I got the crystal lights for $260 each from Toyomi, it's a really good deal considering the exact same lights i found in Balestier costs more than 1K.

U mean u got yr crystal light - the one on yr dinning room for 260 ????

wow .... that's really a good buy

Hi Adrian John,

Hi Dyleen,

yeah, I did see some ranging more than 1k. But when I ask, they say, depending on the crystal.

Some shops uses glass crystal (meaning just glass), some are swarovski crystals (super ex) and some using egyptian crystals, and cant remember what else.

Yeah thats true.

Mine consists of glass rods and crystal balls.

Since i cant differentiate much between good crystals and bad ones, i settle with the cheap cheap ones haha.