Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
his.beloved.child

Lighting Designs

Hi All reno talk users,

I am new here. My current love nest is a 5 room pt blk located in the east. It is currently on reno. Now i have a problem with lightings!!! Hubby and I intend to have a ceiling fan (no lightings) and realised that if we put the lights too close to the fan blades, it will have a shadow effect and many people were telling us that it might cause giddyness.

Does anyone of you have any pics on your living room with ceiling fan (no lights) and what kind of lightings u are using? Our quotation is not inclusive of any L box. I was told that with L Box, this problem will not exist is it true? Also what kind of lightings do you use for bedrooms? Mine is a modern concept and I went to wuite a few lighting shops and found nothing nice except at Lumiere but they are pricey. ANyone has any pics to show what kind of lights you use? This would help. Can email to me at his.beloved.child@hotmail.com

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This is my ceiling fan... it's small so it's quite flat. I'm using the 48" one. Most 48" designs are like this.

Then I have two hanging lights at the sides of the fans so that the lights are lower than the fans to prevent the flickering effect. :)

Edited by pinkpetter

Floorplan?

Consider using floor or table lamps. Ceiling fan + lights is only an issue if the light actually shines on the blades. If u place downlights at the edges of the hall, it wun be an issue.

Consider lighting plan for parties/ night cleaning, where u want full brightness and daily use, which should attempt to be energy efficient.

Floorplan?

Consider using floor or table lamps. Ceiling fan + lights is only an issue if the light actually shines on the blades. If u place downlights at the edges of the hall, it wun be an issue.

Consider lighting plan for parties/ night cleaning, where u want full brightness and daily use, which should attempt to be energy efficient.

I'm using downlights with fan. Also, if you are interested to get a fan, i got 1 extra Fanco FM2000 to let go. Bought 1 too many...:( I'll take a photo of my master bedroom tonight and show you

Hi All reno talk users,

I am new here. My current love nest is a 5 room pt blk located in the east. It is currently on reno. Now i have a problem with lightings!!! Hubby and I intend to have a ceiling fan (no lightings) and realised that if we put the lights too close to the fan blades, it will have a shadow effect and many people were telling us that it might cause giddyness.

Does anyone of you have any pics on your living room with ceiling fan (no lights) and what kind of lightings u are using? Our quotation is not inclusive of any L box. I was told that with L Box, this problem will not exist is it true? Also what kind of lightings do you use for bedrooms? Mine is a modern concept and I went to wuite a few lighting shops and found nothing nice except at Lumiere but they are pricey. ANyone has any pics to show what kind of lights you use? This would help. Can email to me at his.beloved.child@hotmail.com

im using downlights-ceiling fan combination too. no problems with shadow at all.

act the so called cove lighting, i also have but mine is the suspended ceiling type with 3 flourescent tube, no shadow problem also.

i wil try to take photo of my place this weekend...now stil in the midst of completing reno... :P

Hi Hi,

thanks but i got my ceiling fan already. It is KDK white colour with no lights. Now I am having a headache on my lightings...:( cos i dun wish to have the shadow effect.

I'm using downlights with fan. Also, if you are interested to get a fan, i got 1 extra Fanco FM2000 to let go. Bought 1 too many...:( I'll take a photo of my master bedroom tonight and show you

here are some photo of my living room and master bedroom with L-box + fan

3441059731_fe3ab929a9.jpg

masterbedroom 2

3441847886_9a454e9f91.jpg

View from main door

My place is still under reno so a bit messy... :jawdrop: