Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mumulovenest

Mumu Love Nest

hehe.. thanks for e encouragement!

oh btw, my hubby say the tiles are from safari surface @ 15 defu lane.. heard before?

i understand there is a hafary.. so dunno did he hear correctly a not.. cause hafary and safari sound similar..

Hi mumu,

ok thx.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My choosen tiles

P1110064.jpg

Forgot to take a pic of my kitchen floor tiles.. Its e one in black!

Living/Dining Floor Tiles

P1110041.jpg

Didnt manage to capture the real color.. but its white la..

Master Toilet Wall Tiles

P1110044.jpg

Master Toilet Floor Tiles

P1110057.jpg

Common Toilet Wall Tiles

P1110049.jpg

Will be using the protruding white tiles above and using the 'sink in' yellow tiles below to create a strike across the bathroom..

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr112/m...st/P1110056.jpg

Common Toilet Floor Tiles

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr112/m...st/P1110058.jpg

Jus got a msg from my hubby that the hacking works had began!! hehe..

Hi mumulovenest,

Congrat on your new house...

I have choose the same deisgn for your toilet wall tiles for my kitchen wall tiles...I hv choose black color...

Hi Mumu!! ** My future Neighbour ;) **

Am so excited to see ur blog!

Im staying in Yishun now and am moving to Fernvale 403 also!!!

Such a coincidence :D

Love ur 3D pics, hope ur reno goes well :D

Edited by newnyew

Nice 3D drawings.

White is really nice.

I also wanted a white house. but now I'm having a black-white and glass cos we wanted to have black tiles for our living/dining rooms and bedrooms. and ID say white house very glaring.....mayb she meant bright.

Just love having glass at home. but really need to maintain especially with dust and fingerprints.

You getting a maid? cos dust is obvious on white surface too.

And really not easy to look for pure white furnitures.

Really cant wait to see your final product.

How much are you quoted for your reno?

The glass are ex :(

Hi everyone!

Mumu is back from hibernation mode! jus finish my exams~~~~ haha..

oohaahcantona10: thanx for your suggestions oohaa~ im beginning to search for the little accessories liao.. but dun dare to buy yet jus in case it doesnt match with my theme.. :P

Pinky X: Thanx PinkyX! u mean my master toilet wall tiles in black? wow, u doing a black kitchen ar?

newnyew: Hi Newnyew!!! :sport-smiley-004: let me congratz u on your new home first! :yamseng: so qiao, we both live yishun and both moving to Fernvale! Your first home also? Hmm, i think i know which singapore flyer flat u buy liao.. is it at 22 storey and own by a malay owner? :P found your renovator yet?

pinkiedreamy: No i wont be employing a maid.. dun like e feeling of having a stranger at home.. :) but im planning to invest on a good vacuum cleaner (osim iEcologi) to clean my house~~ went to take a look at how it works and im amaze that it can clean glass too (by using steam)! will be very useful for my glassy house.. but the vacuum is very expensive! $1288 at retail price.. have to start saving liao.. my reno cost till now is at $30,700 but its still increasing~ n yes, glass is very expensive!!

jus some updates.. my laptop kanna bluescreen and is under repair for now.. :bangwall: using office computer now.. :P

there had been some delays in the tiles work due to insufficient tiles for the living room so am currently waiting for new batch to arrive.. my aircon also got delayed as there is no stock! (trouble doesnt come alone... ... ... no more liao pls..)

some happy event: jus bought my stove, sink, oven and toilet wares yesterday! spend a bomb (to me)! will post the pics once my lappy is up! :D

Hi everyone!

Mumu is back from hibernation mode! jus finish my exams~~~~ haha..

newnyew: Hi Newnyew!!! :sport-smiley-004: let me congratz u on your new home first! :yamseng: so qiao, we both live yishun and both moving to Fernvale! Your first home also? Hmm, i think i know which singapore flyer flat u buy liao.. is it at 22 storey and own by a malay owner? :P found your renovator yet?

some happy event: jus bought my stove, sink, oven and toilet wares yesterday! spend a bomb (to me)! will post the pics once my lappy is up! :D

Hello Mumu!!

wa!! been waiting for ur reply for so long lei! :D

haha mine is 21st storey not the one u said.

yalor so qiao we both move from yishun to fernvale, consider 1st home w my name la. hee.

maybe we went same sch before? haha..

I havent find any contractor but been to forum's Rondy and Jaskels' houses to see the workmanship, not bad!

trying to finish my 3D drawings first then go look for their contractors :D

so how ur reno liao? cant wait to see the end results!

Edited by newnyew

Smallboy: thanx smallboy, i like that too! nowadays got a lot of tiles that have pop out effect one.. more n more choices.. no more boring tiles liao.. hehe..

newnyew: hehe.. sorry for e long wait! :P ya la, i think i know which flat u got.. i will pm u more details to confirm..

wah, u doing your own 3D drawing ar? how u plan to reno your place? overhaul?

my reno began for 3 weeks liao but the progress seems kinda slow.. mayb because the initial stage is the waterproofing so have to wait for it to dry before the tiles can be laid.. now only the 2 toilet tiles up liao.. kitchen tiles and electric works doing

now..

jus receive news from hubby that the new batch of living room tiles arrive liao.. but quality not as good!! :furious:

got to go another tile shop to choose later.. dunno will we be able to get the color we want ma.. :unsure:

newnyew: hehe.. sorry for e long wait! :P ya la, i think i know which flat u got.. i will pm u more details to confirm..

wah, u doing your own 3D drawing ar? how u plan to reno your place? overhaul?

my reno began for 3 weeks liao but the progress seems kinda slow.. mayb because the initial stage is the waterproofing so have to wait for it to dry before the tiles can be laid.. now only the 2 toilet tiles up liao.. kitchen tiles and electric works doing

now..

jus receive news from hubby that the new batch of living room tiles arrive liao.. but quality not as good!! :furious:

got to go another tile shop to choose later.. dunno will we be able to get the color we want ma.. :unsure:

ya, used to learn ID so i know how to draw abit la. hehe

like urs im overhauling also. the old couple's color scheme cannot make it ah.

my current place full of colours so tot the new one will do all white but still with abit colours.

wanted to set up my own t-blog but lazy la. haha..

will try to show u soon.

huh the tiles not gd? how? meaning the white u wan not white or?

Im so waiting to see more pics! :notti:

long time no update.. dunno where to start from..

hmm.. so far, all tiles up liao, pipings up liao, aircon fixed liao (with very ugly pipings!) n flase ceiling + L-box done liao.. lets start with a review on the b4 n after pix!.. Starting with the tiling n piping works..

Master Toilet

Before: Naked toilet with walls hacked

IMG_1898-1.jpg

After: Tiles up (with ugly pipings yet to box up..)

IMG_2138-1.jpg

Messy pipings! hopefully it will not look too obvious when all other items are up..

P1110263.jpg

P1110266.jpg

Box up of ugly piping.. ID say the left hand box up will have lights.. :)

P1110268.jpg

Common Toilet

Before: Naked toilet

IMG_1906-1.jpg

After: Tiles up (with ugly pipings yet to box up..)

IMG_2150-1.jpg

Ugly pipings again.. how i wish every pipes can be hidden inside the wall... might b painting them all white if possible..

P1110291.jpg

Box up (with light)

P1110284-1.jpg

What the box up looks like from below

P1110269.jpg

No pix of living n dinning tiles yet as they are being covered for protection..

Overall quite satisfy with the laying of tiles as both hubby n me find e alignment to be quite straight n neat..

When doing random check on e reno, hubby found e workers checking our tiles 1 by 1 to ensure that the tiles are not cracked and in good condition before putting them into a big pail of water/chemical (to wash off the powder i suppose..) quite detailed.. :D

anything to look out for regarding the tiles besides the alignment??

Kitchen

Before:

P1110084.jpg

After: Half hack wall before plastering.. Looks much more spacious than before.. :D

IMG_1917-1.jpg

IMG_1888-1.jpg

After plastering both half hack wall n wall tiles.. Love my kitchen!! :sport-smiley-004:

P1110298.jpg

IMG_2156-1.jpg

Before e reno, the workers did lay protection cardboard to protect my 3 rooms parquet which i didnt change..

however, during e reno, some cardboard came loose n end up some parquet were exposed to the debris!! :curse: so worried that e parquet would get scratch n damaged!! my newly laid homo living room tiles were not spared either.. :(

did anyone faced the same problem? wat did u do?

we did mention to our ID but i think there is a limit he can do as he couldnt b supervising e workers all day long.. ..

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

P1110112.jpg

P1110113.jpg