Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Honeygal

Prolonged Dusty Floor After Renovation

My new kitchen floor tiles still feel dusty, despite me having moved for a month. Is this normal? I vacuum it every alternate day, and mop every week. Strangely, the OLD floor tiles (ie not renovated) in all other rooms are not dusty.

Please advise!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i think most ppl will have this problem. Maybe there are dust particles on the walls and ceiling, window ledge etc....which settle on the floor when the wind blows, or over time.

Alot of dust is generated from the hacking of tiles and cabinetry, and it doesn't just settle on the floor.

My brand new wardrobe is also the same. Wipe the drawers now, 1hr later, dust from the wood settle on the drawers again!

If you got the time and dedication, maybe can try mopping alternate days. And dun forget the walls also..

My brother-in-law had to wash his place for a month before the reno dust went away.

My new kitchen floor tiles still feel dusty, despite me having moved for a month. Is this normal? I vacuum it every alternate day, and mop every week. Strangely, the OLD floor tiles (ie not renovated) in all other rooms are not dusty.

Please advise!

Yes, it is normal... at least for my case.

It is due to the dust in the air... will slowly get better as time goes... took me around 6 mths before I realised the floor was not that dusty... by then I have gotten used to sweeping the floor twice a week ;)

Yes, it is normal... at least for my case.

It is due to the dust in the air... will slowly get better as time goes... took me around 6 mths before I realised the floor was not that dusty... by then I have gotten used to sweeping the floor twice a week ;)

gosh!!! 6 months??? is there a speedier way of getting rid of the dust? it's not healthy too! where does the dirt come from? i have cleaned every conceivable part of the kitchen !

i think most ppl will have this problem. Maybe there are dust particles on the walls and ceiling, window ledge etc....which settle on the floor when the wind blows, or over time.

Alot of dust is generated from the hacking of tiles and cabinetry, and it doesn't just settle on the floor.

My brand new wardrobe is also the same. Wipe the drawers now, 1hr later, dust from the wood settle on the drawers again!

If you got the time and dedication, maybe can try mopping alternate days. And dun forget the walls also..

My brother-in-law had to wash his place for a month before the reno dust went away.

so washing is more effective than mopping i reckon?

gosh!!! 6 months??? is there a speedier way of getting rid of the dust? it's not healthy too! where does the dirt come from? i have cleaned every conceivable part of the kitchen !

But you can't clean the air :P

Dust in the air was what Patrick told me.

Keep all your windows open as long as you can to allow wind to move the air out of your hse... I am out for work most of the time, with windows & doors shut up, maybe that was the reason why it took me 6 mths.

But you can't clean the air :P

Dust in the air was what Patrick told me.

Keep all your windows open as long as you can to allow wind to move the air out of your hse... I am out for work most of the time, with windows & doors shut up, maybe that was the reason why it took me 6 mths.

my windows and doors are shut more than 12 hours everyday! would you know where is the most important section to clean? eg, floor? wall? corner?

thanks, coz i really at my wits end! reach home at 9pm, cook dinner, then do laundry, then wash/vacuum floor, gosh i am really tired of this washing/vacuum routine.

poor thing... do you think its worth getting those robot vacuum cleaners? I saw at PC fair last year some older models were selling less than $500. Almost got one until my hubby stopped me.

Yes, so poor thing... I was like you initially, very upset with the dusty floor... luckily I don't do laundry everyday, only once/twice a week.

I nearly wanted to buy those robot vcuum cleaner too! But the high price stops me... in the end, I bought a Magic Clean wiper mop... it uses disposable wiper sheet... I find it easier to manage than vacuum cleaner, not so tiring on my back.

Edited by yokine9a