Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
*pat pat* so long as they can do a proper job, it'll be ok. So how's the things been? I actually did a weekly progress so that I can spend time doing other things too. Asked Jason on the progress for my place and what I can expect to see end of the week.

Hopefully this helps.

I would prefer if there is any changes in contractor, Jason can let me know. If not, I will be talking to the wrong guy. I have been talking to Ah Liu and only today know about the change when i called Jason.

Things are not that smooth as always. I only managed to inspect in daylight on the weekend. For weekday by the time I reach I can only inspect with a torchlight.

Some of the hiccups were like:

One of my pipes which was supposed to use cabinet was fully boxed up. So I have to ask them to tear down.

Missing electrical lights in bathroom. Light point not at the correct location. Electrical point and scv location at the middle of wall. (I prefer side)

Now I perfer to talk to the 3rd party directly to prevent any hiccups.

Ok, confirmed shifting to rented flat this weekend.

Anyone know where I can get boxes for shifting? Not getting movers as shifting to a unit in the same block, so no free boxes from them.

Thank you.

Ok, confirmed shifting to rented flat this weekend.

Anyone know where I can get boxes for shifting? Not getting movers as shifting to a unit in the same block, so no free boxes from them.

Thank you.

Hmm, you are moving this weekend ah .. unfortunately i have only unpacked a few boxes but the rest i do not have time to do it until weekend.

Try to ask your office aunties / cleaners, they usually will have some

company don't really have big carton boxes.

No problem will go see if anywhere can find. Worst case, hand carry. Just a few storey below, should be ok.

Got a question regarding the acid wash.

Is it done after the carpentry is up. If it is, then will the acid damage the carpentry especially if it comes into contact with the acid.

Got a question regarding the acid wash.

Is it done after the carpentry is up. If it is, then will the acid damage the carpentry especially if it comes into contact with the acid.

If I'm not wrong, it is after most works done and before HO. I also need to check as some of my tiles cannot be acid washed.

If I'm not wrong, it is after most works done and before HO. I also need to check as some of my tiles cannot be acid washed.

I see. If that is the case, then there are chances that the carpentry will be damaged by the acid.

company don't really have big carton boxes.

No problem will go see if anywhere can find. Worst case, hand carry. Just a few storey below, should be ok.

Don't get too big boxes woh, very hard and may be too heavy to carry. :)

Don't get too big boxes woh, very hard and may be too heavy to carry. :)

Thanks Angel. Quite true will be too heavy for big boxes. And I will be taking the stairs because current block doesn't have lift at every level. Lucky just moving to lower level and not higher at the same block.

Ok nearly forgot to buy a trolley, maybe those plastic type.

Thanks Angel. Quite true will be too heavy for big boxes. And I will be taking the stairs because current block doesn't have lift at every level. Lucky just moving to lower level and not higher at the same block.

Ok nearly forgot to buy a trolley, maybe those plastic type.

Haha, borrow from office lar. I'm sure there's one somewhere. Must save $$ :)

Oh...then I better call Uncle Soon and tell him that there are tiles that are not to be acid washed.

Edited by familyof4

hi gaku70, i was reading ur blog and saw the new bunch of painters. best thing is they brought dulux paint.

think after my unhappy saga on the Jotun (not nippon, feel CHEATED) paint issue, uncle start telling the painters to give what was quoted.