Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bodo

Refridgerator

I have RS20NRSV Samsung side by side model with 3 ticks. Had been using it for > 1mth. The only complaint I have so far is that sometimes it gets into some weird fits. It starts to rattle and make loud noise. I think maybe the compressor is doing something. But its surely loud.

Once I was watching horror show alone at night, got startled with the loud noise....hahahahahah

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Autoclosing door in that if your door is not fully closed (and too far for the magnet to catch), the hitachi fridge (as well as the mitsubishi W-class) have the ability to pull the door shut. The panasonic doesn't have this function.

Thanks for the headsup as to where to go!

Seems like Hitachi is an advanced fridge hor...that means good buy le. Cheaper than Panasonic one.

Seems like Hitachi is an advanced fridge hor...that means good buy le. Cheaper than Panasonic one.

Actually, other than the autoclosing function, panasonic seems to be the more advanced fridge in every other respect. More efficient inverter, LED vegetable compartment, better adjustable shelving. But the 1 place where hitachi wins out is enough for careless me and wife to decide on it le. =p

Actually, other than the autoclosing function, panasonic seems to be the more advanced fridge in every other respect. More efficient inverter, LED vegetable compartment, better adjustable shelving. But the 1 place where hitachi wins out is enough for careless me and wife to decide on it le. =p

But I read somewhere that Panasonic is made in Malaysia rite? Not sure how true it is. But the promotor who promotes Hitachi said that all the parts and everything is made in Japan one.

I am also searching for a fridge. Wanted to start a topic on Hitachi fridge topic but saw this so might as well post here.

Well...on Sun, I went to see the fridge I have been eyeing for. F&P one. Stainless Steel one. Then a sales assistant came and saw me looking at the F&P fridge. She actually tells me F&P not as advanced as those made in Japan one. So she intro me to a Hitachi fridge. Seems veri good leh. All parts made in Japan somemore. Then it's super quiet as well...runs on an inverter which saves electricity though only three ticks as compared to F&P fridge which has four ticks. But F&P not inverter one so long run, the F&P not cost saving la. Then read from other forums that Hitachi fridge not bad. So many plus points but still can't decide yet since in the market, there are other good brands as well. And the pirce not cheap. Retail at $2199. for R-SF42YMS.

So anyone using this model Hitachi fridge?

U must be shopping in Best Denki and banged into Hitachi sales promoter. They are very brand bias as they earn more commission by selling their brand. Becareful. Talk to few more different brand promotors to compare each brand. You will know more abt fridge. :)

...Actually i don't like F&P fridge. My SIL using it for past 8 years and since four years ago her entire freezer compartment is iced up. Icicles and frost everywhere. Very jia lat and ugly... >_<"

your SIL F&P fridge is quite old, maybe there's a leak on its insulation thereby resulting in its freezing up. my 14yo goldstar is also freezing up lately.....realised it's due to lack of ventilation at the backside...hence i pulled out the fridge alittle giving about 4" gap between it & the wall.....it's now working great!

U must be shopping in Best Denki and banged into Hitachi sales promoter. They are very brand bias as they earn more commission by selling their brand. Becareful. Talk to few more different brand promotors to compare each brand. You will know more abt fridge. :)

the promoter i ran into promoted the panasonic washer, panasonic tv, hitachi fridge, and dyson vacuum cleaner to me. Hard to tell which brand she belong to =p

@santay: thnx for the tips bt the fridge. will see if it can help out my SIL

Edited by stormcontrol

Bodo,

Just to share, I've been using the Mitsubishi Folio range model MRS-45N for about half a year now thereabouts.

Energy efficiency-wise I believe its 4 ticks. Apart from that, other reasons why we bought it was because it has those height-adjustable shelves and ample storage space for bottles and other smaller stuff that is very organised. In total its 4 doors - 1 for the main fridge, 1 for ice-maker, 1 for quick-freeze, 1 vegetable and 1 freezer compartment drawers with inner tray. Easy control panel to adjust the temperature settings too. Its price was around $2.4K+ as its a made-in-Japan model. I was deciding between getting either this or the Hitachi one, but chose this instead. That time they had promo of free taka vouchers and a free Nikon camera.

As what some others have mentioned, sometimes in stores, must note thatsalespeople have their agenda on pushing a particular brand, so best to get neutral feedback and research on some reviews. The price at those bigger stores e.g. Best and HN are also much higher compared to the other places.

I got mine from Hong Liang. Hope this helps.

anyone using toshiba fridge...

Are the auto-ice making in fridge easily spolit?

anyone have any comments?

tia

Edited by dvnah

hey, just to share. the hitachi fridge, the RSF42-YMS mentioned in my previous posts doesn't seem to have the auto-closing function that its older version the RSF42-XMS have. (after i tested it out in IMM) I'm not sure though, so if anybody is particular about this funciton and only learn about it through my posts up there, best if you check with the sales staff directly.

I am Using Panasonic Inverter fridge... the 464 model.. 3 ticks.

But only used for 1 month.. so far of cos good.. not very noisy..

Reason that i bought:

Limited fridge space by existing cabinets layout --- this is the BIGGEST model that can fit in!

I like its slim design and the compartments inside. No space wasted! Very compact!

Best thing is got inverter technology, since we are using it 24/7....

I am really torn on which fridge to buy:-

1/ toshiba, GR-RG66 2 ticks, stylist black glass, auto-ice maker, uv guard, top-freezer.

annual consumption is $206

http://www.toshiba.com.sg/ce/pdf/R-Series%20Fridge_EN.pdf

2/ Samsung, RT62wamt, 3 ticks, silver with water dispenser outside, top-freezer type...

annual comsumption is $143.

http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/detail/...d=RT62WAMT1/XSS

Both the fridge size fit into the fridge slots, price is just very small diff.....

what is best for long-run??

Anyone have comments or remarks on these 2 fridges....

thanks in advance