Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

Can someone PM me Ah Soon conatct, may consider asking him to quote for my house reno.....btw, how is his carpetenry workship? Good?

Btw, I'm not very good in design, is it advisable to use him? Will he advise us on the design?

Thank you..

He'll only tell you how feasible your design is (whether it can be done) but he won't give much input over how good it looks. In fact, one forummer here put it very succintly, "would you trust the design of your house to an uncle who wears a dusty shirt and 3-quarters everyday??" =p

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Can someone PM me Ah Soon conatct, may consider asking him to quote for my house reno.....btw, how is his carpetenry workship? Good?

Btw, I'm not very good in design, is it advisable to use him? Will he advise us on the design?

Thank you..

Have PMed you Ah Soon's contact.

His workmanship is not too bad, including his carpentry.

Depending on what you mean by design. If you have some ideas what you want, it is okay to use him for your reno.

Hi,

Thank you..

Update...inlaw reno progress seriously at snail's pace..

if my vacant house i dont mine...

the dust affecting my in laws & baby...

IL complain to Ah Soon when he came over today, dunno wat action he will take.

other than dat..no other complain.

so loving

u already finalize ur reno? how much u spend n items u do? :)

No lah, me still thinking of which area to get the house. I like big house but also got problem with big house... hhahahah...... so learn to came this website and see see look look for ideas..... hhahahaa....

for me, contractor is easy... cos what I want is a realiable and efficient one... at least I can ease my mind off and concentrate on other things. I face once before when my mum place was doing the renovation, the followup was really tired.... and I got to work and got to coordinate with them... cant stand it. Till last year was involve in my office reno project and got to know this conrtactor that I had recommanded you, although had a hard time to handle 'my boss' hahahhaa but his patience and efficiency pay off. I highly recomand him. hahhahaa

Is it? Hmmm... I got Ah Soon contact and details from one of the forumer and a lot of daily readings on the threads to do my homework. "Pinkpetter" She was in another forum before when renotalk was down. I pm her and she share with me the details of Ah Soon and other advices? Where got secretive. You got pm those who engage Ah Soon to reno a not for details?

Cause out of respect; I think better don't publish people's mobile number in a forum mah. Later got Aunties call to disturb this uncle...jialat liao.

hahahahahahaha Aunties call to disturb?? :dancingqueen:

Hope you get your quotation from him soon. chase chase chase... :)

actually forum suppose to be a place for 'open' views... be it good or bad...

i just sensed that some views expressed and replies to these views are overly 'protected'....

mmm rock.. and the rest of you who feel the same way...

What I want to say is.. some of the things that is asked.. may get us (me me me) into trouble if I answer openly like this. It's not that I don't want to share. But who know who is reading all this? If someone is jealous of Uncle's business and wants to create trouble by complaining to certain authorities ... I can get into trouble too if concrete evidence is found. If you still don't understand what I mean, I suggest you read HDB guidelines properly.

I, of course, like Uncle and want more business for him. However, I'm saving my own a-s-s by keeping some things more subtle. I'm more than willing to share on a more private way.

If the rest want to say or want to share openly then that's that.

Before you all post anything... please think if you will get fellow forummers into trouble.

I completely agree that this place is for open views and opinions... why not? Not only do all of us have the right to air our views, we also have the right to keep some things quieter. :)

To all people who want to contact Ah Soon or want more info about him, feel free to PM me. :) I will try my best to help.

as for the part about good and bad work... I really wish people will do homework and thoroughly read through blogs before deciding. You know.. so many people happily just PM me when they see the magic words "He gives a good price" without doing homework. That's a recipe for a bad bad bad experience with anyone I guess. At the end of the day, knowledge is power. If you go through all the T-blogs you'll find very honest opinions about Uncle... and all the other IDs/contractors here ba. If read selectively... then will definitely only get selective information.

Edited by pinkpetter

hi loving

mine getting next week... in bedok.. how abt urs? :)

my house is odd shape, so needs a good space planning in order to maximise the usuage.. how i admire those with squarish layout.. no headache..

Hi rock,

IC, so u finalise your ID or contractor? well, squarish also got squarish problem, just that whatever furniture u put in, will not have a problem. Hmmn.... in bedok,do they still have brand new flat there or you getting resales?

so loving

u already finalize ur reno? how much u spend n items u do? :)

hi loving

mine getting next week... in bedok.. how abt urs? :)

my house is odd shape, so needs a good space planning in order to maximise the usuage.. how i admire those with squarish layout.. no headache..

hi loving,

totally agree.. i went to one of the firm who claims 'ID design but contractor price'.. her idea of space planning was good, and warned me of walking space and the amount of light that can penetrate into the house also matters.. quite true to an extent.. but sometimes i feel abit paiseh cus i may take their idea n go elsewhere to do..

i guess ID's contractor also slashing their price, otherwise no $$ to give salary... they still earn, but profit margin low. better than Nothing...

Hi rock,

hahhaha... but come to think their idea is also what we wanted cos we talk n tell them what we want and hope to have, just that they put it in a drawing layout for us to visualise only. but I think contractor shop also have ID in house as well. Actually it depend on what we are looking at.... different age group will have different idea as well. When I got my first house,I wanted what I want but with my second house,I think I will go for what I need and not what I want........

You actually got your key and which area ur house would be at?

hi loving,

totally agree.. i went to one of the firm who claims 'ID design but contractor price'.. her idea of space planning was good, and warned me of walking space and the amount of light that can penetrate into the house also matters.. quite true to an extent.. but sometimes i feel abit paiseh cus i may take their idea n go elsewhere to do..

i guess ID's contractor also slashing their price, otherwise no $$ to give salary... they still earn, but profit margin low. better than Nothing...

one of the contractor even told me, sometimes is not the company that is bad, it is the staff that hire, that 'black horse'... hopefully we don't get any 'black horse'...

nowadays competition is great.. in fact, alot of IDs firms are also slashing their prices in order to survive.. don't be surprised that their price can be as good or even slightly better than contractor..

hahaha... with the economy going down, if they dun slash their price, guess it would be hard to survie. So they must having good profit all this while hahhaa..... have you thought of it before? hahhaha...... no offence to anyone....

I was thinking why when they first quote me with this pricing and they can slash down the price that much just to clinch a deal. I have met case before that I was getting in quotes to shortlist and all presentation was fantastic.... so next is pricing..... it is such a tiring job. End up I took the best design we wanted and get quote from them again. To my surprise, some of the designer was telling us that with our floor area and this design concept, we hardly had any space to walk.... OH NO! watse of time and time is running out as well....

But I got it done in time.... thanks for the shortlisted company that was so helpful to get in done in a rush timing but in a proper and neatly done up for us.

Just sharing experience that dun judge a book by it cover.... :)

actually forum suppose to be a place for 'open' views... be it good or bad...

i just sensed that some views expressed and replies to these views are overly 'protected'....

especially if u need to do tiling works, it is a must to have a licensed contractor. it is absolutely right (and must) even if we were to question on where the license comes from -- because we don't want to have any disputes or problems later on should the reno caused damages to our neighbours.

actually ah soon renovated my house 4 years back.... he is nice with his price,...

some forumers who speak good of him -- sounded as if is ah soon relative or what.... sorry i am just a straightforward person.. n i wun hold back any remarks fearing supporters of ah soon fans will be unhappy... afterall, we are talking about business n procedures, nothing personal.

actually one or two cases of a particular ID firm doesn't necessary represent the company is bad. the same applies to ah soon. doesn't mean if there is some complaints about ah soon, it will mean he is bad.. in fact, the reno he did for me 4yrs ago indeed have alot problems, but i look at things in a broader perspective and do not go around bad mouthing him... maybe the team he used 4yrs ago was not good? in fact, i will still ask him to quote me...

so i still hope this is a place of freedom to express and discuss..

Oh yeah.. I agree with you on some points. :D Utimately, I think it depend on 1 word. "Luck". hahaha. If you are unlucky, paid a lot for a ID, or paid lesser for a contractor. You will have to bow to fate and luck. heehee. But of course, do your homework first, minimise your risk and position yourself in terms of budget, time, and of course your communicaitons with your ID and contractor. The more information u feed them when met-up. The more u know them.

nowadays competition is great.. in fact, alot of IDs firms are also slashing their prices in order to survive.. don't be surprised that their price can be as good or even slightly better than contractor..

Edited by rock