Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

BD so gentleman hor u hahhaha

hehehee....just dunno how to reply ma...

We have our own T-blog for pple to read....n also some unpleasant incident/mistake Uncle make(like Gaku...paisey...just site example).reader will judge themself.Picture dont lie.If not, they are also welcome to come to those house done by Uncle to take a look as well.

There no need to highlight how good Ah Soon is, no need to highlight how many mistakes he made. One man meat is another man poison. It all for others to see.he may not be the best for everyone.

N yes, i am Ah Soon fan..(i declare 1st la...if not wait they have to figure if i am or i am not...waste time la. :P)....I am not a relative of his...I admire his sincerety(but not idolize yet la)...I thank him for all the freebies and flexibility for making my 1st home come true(yes!!i Cheapo!!)..but i always abide the concious for those who PM me to find other ID/Contractor to compare and dun jump into the wagon of "Sooner" so fast.

be it what...it a risk i choose to take(if all yr T_blog n pict is fake)...to take up Ah Soon and believe in him. I still do.I live by that.:P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
okok...i go n dig the contact for u okie.....i remebr that a few of the t-blog using him as well...under the company Design21 or something like that de....hopefully can find....if not i will surf the T-Blog n direct u there okie...:P

I think i have his contact somewhere. If you still can't find, let me know and i can pass to you tomorrow. knocking off now. Ciao

he is BD...PD is the cheerful wifey :)

ya yah as usual it is my typo error. will edit hahahah

actually want to start soon better but still can tahan a little longer... but if later, then really have to have things done before mid november. so, have to see also...

yea, going to discuss with my wifey on this now that i know about project management part... henry? who is he? :D can pm him if don't want to disturb ah soon's thread :D

okok...i go n dig the contact for u okie.....i remebr that a few of the t-blog using him as well...under the company Design21 or something like that de....hopefully can find....if not i will surf the T-Blog n direct u there okie...:P

Aiya...must let MsPiglet, Ivy,Familyof4 they all to appear in the "show" 1st ma...just kidding...:P

BD so gentleman hor u hahhaha

Edited by ivy

hi everyone..

On a fair ground -- not against any contractor:

first of all, no reno is perfect. in fact my family member just completed a reno with a famous contractor in this forum(not Ah soon).. the fact that he was several defects on the carpentry workmanship and ugly granite top -- contractor told him, i give u so many discounts, can u close one eye??

thing is, when we ask for discount, we don't ask for inferior quality. would the contractor tell u, i quote u this cheap price, means i will cut corners and give u inferior quality n that u should even close one eye?

Then if the contractor gives u cheaper or discount price based on not using any (eg)'better brand of laminate', then, are they really that 'cheap'?

=======================================

Back to the question of licensed contractor: (not against any particular contractor)

I am just puzzled, since his business is good, why not have his own licence? Especially if one is so well supporter by so many fans in the forum.

Of course it doesn't really matters if nothing happens. Question is, what is something happens-- would there be any dispute?

4 years back, Ah soon used a company's licence (I even still have that invoice), which already closed down.. which is why, I can't locate him for a while until i came to forum...

Overall -- My experience with Ah soon, is he is indeed a nice and easy negotiate type of person...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Renovation is not few hundreds or thousands, it's ten's of thousand.. easily our 1-2 years salary... if the savings is merely a few thousand of dollars -- u may want to think is it worthy to take the risk? Of course if the saving is really good, then u can consider...

I definitely agree with you. In fact, these are the things that were in my mind when i started my renovation. I also dun understand how come someone can dun get their license and stuff.

Then again, i'm restricted by my budget. And according to my friend, working on renovation doesn't need a license. The license is only necessary for company working on the tiles and windows. If i'm not wrong, he sublet these works to other companies just like he did for his carpentry. But then again, that's what i think, which is not necessary true but i use to convince myself with :rolleyes:

I consider real hard before deciding if i'm going to go with him. All i can say is, if i was twice as rich then, he probably won't be my contractor. But when the house is complete, i have to say i'm rather satisfy with the work, without comprimising on the minimum standard of quality that i would expect. Afterall, my uncle and one of my close friend are contractors themselves and there's still some standards that i'm seeking.

Edited by gongkia

Aiya...must let MsPiglet, Ivy,Familyof4 they all to appear in the "show" 1st ma...just kidding...:P

I mean this is something u got to weight liao. I choose to take the risk and cos i am staying a few blocks from my new place...so i am comfy with my choice.It good to discuss with yr wifey on it so that if you really engage Uncle Soon...then be prepare on what to expect. if not...there still alot of good contractors ard...like Mr Yeak and Henry which i have met before as well. They are also v solid de. Suggest u go and look ard 1st...no need to commit yrself so fast if yr reno is not in the hurry.:)

actually want to start soon better but still can tahan a little longer... but if later, then really have to have things done before mid november. so, have to see also...

yea, going to discuss with my wifey on this now that i know about project management part... henry? who is he? :D can pm him if don't want to disturb ah soon's thread :D

Edited by merryman

entertaining for some time le now then you come in? :P true la, I also worried that my wife and I may not have so much time for project management if we find Ah Soon as contractor..

I mean this is something u got to weight liao. I choose to take the risk and cos i am staying a few blocks from my new place...so i am comfy with my choice.It good to discuss with yr wifey on it so that if you really engage Uncle Soon...then be prepare on what to expect. if not...there still alot of good contractors ard...like Mr Yeak and Henry which i have met before as well. They are also v solid de. Suggest u go and look ard 1st...no need to commit yrself so fast if yr reno is not in the hurry.:)

hi everyone..

On a fair ground -- not against any contractor:

first of all, no reno is perfect. in fact my family member just completed a reno with a famous contractor in this forum(not Ah soon).. the fact that he was several defects on the carpentry workmanship and ugly granite top -- contractor told him, i give u so many discounts, can u close one eye??

thing is, when we ask for discount, we don't ask for inferior quality. would the contractor tell u, i quote u this cheap price, means i will cut corners and give u inferior quality n that u should even close one eye?

Then if the contractor gives u cheaper or discount price based on not using any (eg)'better brand of laminate', then, are they really that 'cheap'?

=======================================

Back to the question of licensed contractor: (not against any particular contractor)

I am just puzzled, since his business is good, why not have his own licence? Especially if one is so well supporter by so many fans in the forum.

Of course it doesn't really matters if nothing happens. Question is, what is something happens-- would there be any dispute?

4 years back, Ah soon used a company's licence (I even still have that invoice), which already closed down.. which is why, I can't locate him for a while until i came to forum...

Overall -- My experience with Ah soon, is he is indeed a nice and easy negotiate type of person...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Renovation is not few hundreds or thousands, it's ten's of thousand.. easily our 1-2 years salary... if the savings is merely a few thousand of dollars -- u may want to think is it worthy to take the risk? Of course if the saving is really good, then u can consider...

Wah....got 'live"entertaintment bo jio me...:P

I think everyone live by their choice.....be it good or bad.If u are really rich, have alot of $$...i think u can engage 1 whole line for ID ready to do your house.

I always rember what Familyof4 said:"begger cant be chooser"...Ah Soon is the what some of us deem good for us...but not everyone.

U like what u see...u engage...dont like...move on.There so many good contractors out there. I am sure MR Yeak is solid too....n there many more...so let move on....no need to agrue so much...agrue till the coe come home also like that. Some people will like his service and some who will never de la...that life.:P

Count me in ba...i am also a renotalk addict...:P

entertaining for some time le now then you come in? :P true la, I also worried that my wife and I may not have so much time for project management if we find Ah Soon as contractor..

Wah....got 'live"entertaintment bo jio me...:P

I think everyone live by their choice.....be it good or bad.If u are really rich, have alot of $$...i think u can engage 1 whole line for ID ready to do your house.

I always rember what Familyof4 said:"begger cant be chooser"...Ah Soon is the what some of us deem good for us...but not everyone.

U like what u see...u engage...dont like...move on.There so many good contractors out there. I am sure MR Yeak is solid too....n there many more...so let move on....no need to agrue so much...agrue till the coe come home also like that. Some people will like his service and some who will never de la...that life.:P

Count me in ba...i am also a renotalk addict...:P

haha. paiseh, my angmo not very powderful. haha :P

no lar, you can be correct if ncy really meant it as sarcasm... written words without tones/feelings can be so misleading and people like me and ncy tends to take things negative when in fact we can also choose to look it at a different light... :D your england powderful can le :P

Edited by merryman

I almost want to take that as ncy saying that as a sarcasm but I chose to change what I wrote before I posted it... maybe you should relook at it too :D

i couldn't help bu agree that I also feel a bit of "suan suan" element there...let's re-read into that sentence together :P

I almost want to take that as ncy saying that as a sarcasm but I chose to change what I wrote before I posted it... maybe you should relook at it too :D

haha. paiseh, my angmo not very powderful. haha :P