Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I think everyone is entitled to his/her opinion about their own contractor, and we should be allow to share them here in this forum ..

For those who are interested in engaging Uncle, please do take time to go through the t-blogs, visit some of his 'show-flat' and talk to some of his customers.

My only warning is that, if you have a tight deadline, then Uncle may not be such a good choice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow... so much ACTION today!!!!! Better than H1N1 updates....... hee....hee.....

I saw my post being quoted too!!!! Wow... need my signature????? :yeah:

Wow not bad. I must say all Ah Soon customers are very very righteous, they would all come in and defend for him. Like a scene of younger days when a teenager lost in something and get all his brothers and sisters in to fight back.

I must agreed that I am indeed writing this message with a VERY HEAVY emotional tag, but I still maintained that it is on a without prejudice basis. Pls pardon me if I side track.

For those people who are here before renovations, you are here to: -

1) Read and source and find your ID/Contractor. (like me)

For those people who are here during renovations, you are here to: -

1) Show off your place to everyone (I will also do that definetely :P)

2) Tell the whole world that you are impressed with your ID/Contractors hoping that they will do even better for your place, or even get some discounts (I will also do that)

3) Tell the whole world that you are fedup with your ID/contractors, I will use it if utlimately the ID/contractor are chosen are really gone case and I punish them by making them lose business :P

For those people who are here after renovations, you are here to: -

1) Kill boredom.

2) Join in fun.

3) Warn people not to take up some ID/contractor.

4) Recommend people to take up some ID/contractor.

5) Recommend people to take up some ID/contractor in exchange for some referral fees.

To be honest, I for one, will not come in after my renovations, where got so free. Maybe once in a while comes in and see see look look. Just reply 1 or 2 message if I am free. Fight till die to say a good word for my contractor/ID cos he/she has done a good job for me??? I am not so righteous. Honestly. Unless he pay me :D

If he pays me referral fee ok, at least its legal and decent, no CPIB stuffs etc. But I dont think I will go against my conscience to rebuke soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard on people'e negative comment on him/her.

As a reader and as someone who is sourcing for ID/contractor, I cant help after reading but feeling fishy by some responses. Especially I receive PMs from few people telling me further....

All readers of prospective non licensed HDB contractor please note = I am drafting something to HDB soon, on crack down on all unlicenced HDB contractors. If need to, I will proceed to ST Forum too.

Those who want to check the authentcity of me being a geniune user and not a contractor/ID can PM me. I can show you my HDB letter, and all the quotes I have gotten during this period. I can throw in my name card to you as well if you wanted to :)

8| 8| 8| bad pple! gossiping abt me while i was away. no wonder i feel so uneasy! So i'm back here after selecting... 2 songs only. :sport-smiley-004:

ok lah.. i pick national anthem for march-in ok?

dun forget wat pet wrote leh.. "Information overload + People flaming + some sarcasm = bimbo breakdown". *takes shelter*

wah...u quote n unquote her lor..siao liao..*take cover*

8| 8| 8| bad pple! gossiping abt me while i was away. no wonder i feel so uneasy! So i'm back here after selecting... 2 songs only. :sport-smiley-004:

ok lah.. i pick national anthem for march-in ok?

dun forget wat pet wrote leh.. "Information overload + People flaming + some sarcasm = bimbo breakdown". *takes shelter*

EHHH fireproof or not... wait kena FLAMED! :P lol

... wedding put N-Day song.. ULTRA PATRIOTIC leh. mm guests must all come in red-white. :rolleyes:

wah....helmet + bullet proof not enough ah...still fire proof...nvm...ask Uncle to quote lor!!wahahahaha.:P

Yr wedding at national day rite?hmm....then u better be gd la...go pick yr song liao...no time liao la......*shoo shoo* :P

After my reno...will be my photoshoot...v siong...think i will look more haggard,....sure wont look nice de....sigh

*edit* Siao liao...never read Pet thread above...she try :no: ing cannot side track...which i always do...siao liao...she must be saying me le...better dun chat much yet le Ms Piglet*extra + super sensitive**wear helmet, bullet proof vest also* :no::bleah:

EHHH fireproof or not... wait kena FLAMED! :P lol

thanks for the contact and she doesn't have to pick song la, many national day songs standing by :P

... wedding put N-Day song.. ULTRA PATRIOTIC leh. mm guests must all come in red-white. :rolleyes:

Yr wedding at national day rite?hmm....then u better be gd la...go pick yr song liao...no time liao la......*shoo shoo* :P

After my reno...will be my photoshoot...v siong...think i will look more haggard,....sure wont look nice de....sigh

*edit* Siao liao...never read Pet thread above...she try :no: ing cannot side track...which i always do...siao liao...she must be saying me le...better dun chat much yet le Ms Piglet*extra + super sensitive**wear helmet, bullet proof vest also* :no::bleah:

thanks for the contact and she doesn't have to pick song la, many national day songs standing by :P

Edited by merryman

oh ya.. BD.. must open eyes big big when u inspect the house for rectifications. I didnt had time n energy to inspect thoroughly thou.. very draining process despite the fact i stay very near my new house. We just gave up inspecting for rectifications after a while. So tired that i didnt even check for hollow tiles. Just no more energy n wanna get it over n done with. So now i free i will knock knock here knock knock there... :)

Actually to be frank, its gd to give Ah soon a break too. He's also learning to take in biz only if he can handles n reject those that he cannot manage.

i'm not supposed to even be chatting here in the 1st place, i need to go n pick my wedding songs! :seeya:

merryman: Impress21 is gd.. n Yeakers are happy with Yeak's work too! I think u probably can PM zerochristy for her contractor details too. she seems quite ok with him.

Edited by blue_diamond

Firstly.. I want to say....

:~ :~ :~ :~ :~ I MISSED OUT ON THE ACTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Even Gongkia also appear liao leh... What a big show it was!

Now I'm the one upset. :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

doesn't matter who is who ba.

I hope everyone here, whether is merryman, ncy, ivy, f4, zio.... understands that we're all on the same side.

IT'S US, HOMEOWNERS VS CROOKED/DISHONEST/RUDE/IRRESPONSIBLE IDs and CONTRACTORS. :)

I have to agree that there are times posts can be emotional... but it's not just Ah Soon's customers... it's everyone. We are humans after all and we all have emotions right? How to be completely un-emotional? We will become cyborgs... :) or UBER aliens.

Live and let live ba. :)

Although I have to agree with something mrspiglet pointed out... this thread was opened by someone interested in engaging Ah Soon and it is suppose to be a thread providing such information for people looking for contractors... though sidetracks in any thread are really common (VERY esp when the topic mahjong/Wii comes up) but it'll be nice to keep it clean and tidy for newcomers I guess.

I remember when I was a newbie... reading all this info is madhouse... and having such diversions can really kill the little brain of mine. haha

Information overload + People flaming + some sarcasm = bimbo breakdown.

Cheers. :jammin:

Hehehe...must take all yr pts into consideration liao...hehehehe...all these pointers sure help.:P

IT ME!!!ME!!!!...i was the one who recommend Merryman Impress 21...me PM number to him liao lor..:P...

oh ya.. BD.. must open eyes big big when u inspect the house for rectifications. I didnt had time n energy to inspect thoroughly thou.. very draining process despite the fact i stay very near my new house. We just gave up inspecting for rectifications after a while. So tired that i didnt even check for hollow tiles. Just no more energy n wanna get it over n done with. So now i free i will knock knock here knock knock there... :)

Actually to be frank, its gd to give Ah soon a break too. He's also learning to take in biz only if he can handles n reject those that he cannot manage.

i'm not supposed to even be chatting here in the 1st place, i need to go n pick my wedding songs! :seeya:

merryman: Impress21 is gd.. n Yeakers are happy with Yeak's work too! I think u probably can PM zerochristy for her contractor details too. she seems quite ok with him.

Edited by mrspiglet

I promised to do this on every page so that other new readers will not be misled.

For newcomers, people who intend to renovate and people doing homework early.

1) All renovation has its hiccups. Simply because we are humans. Some people experience more hiccups, some less.

Same goes for Uncle's clients. Some of us had more problems than others. If you look carefully and actually note down, you'll notice that

it's not consistent. This could be due to a number of reasons... some of which involves Uncle, some not.

2) Do your homework. Not just which ID/contractor is good on the forum... but as you read, you should take note of little tricks and tips

that people do when they are having their reno... write them down so that you can also do them when it's your turn. Stuff like labelling tile

samples and leaving them in the house, drawing the actual electrical points on the walls of the house, marking crosses on stuff to be

hacked.... Small stuff.

These will come in useful not just in dealing with Uncle but with ANY ID or any contractor... especially when some of them try to

spoonfeed you with rubbish information. smile.gif

3) Get as many quotations as you can. I know it's tiring and it's troublesome and sometimes even humiliating... I've been through all that.

But get them. At least 8? 10? 15? I had about 20 I think. I can't really remember and I trashed them. Get enough to convince yourself

that you have seen enough to say that you like the person's mannerism, work style, reputation, workmanship for that PRICE.... so that

you will regret less later on.

I've come across some owners who insist on getting Uncle's contact and want to engage Uncle with just very few quotations in hand. I

advised them against this and really beg them to go get more.

4) There are plenty of contractors and IDs in Singapore with different range of services, different approach in dealing with people and different prices to offer.

The only reason why you keep seeing Uncle Soon's name around this forum is not because he's the ONLY contractor but simply because it just so happens that a number of forummers are currently having their houses done by him. Please go look through at least 3-4 of the following T-blogs - mrspiglet's, smallboy's, fondue's, familyof4's, ivy's, aubrey's, jesperbg's, ashes02's, Native02's, pinkpetter's, Metalsubzero's, gaku70's, growler's, guy77's, blue_diamond's, apples'...... if I missed out anyone.. SORRY LA... very difficult to remember leh.

5) Everyone has varying standards of carpentry. What you may find acceptable may not seem so to another person. Don't take someone's word for it. Go see it for yourself and decide if you think it's acceptable. By that, I don't mean viewing showrooms. I think showrooms are trash. They put together the best stuff with a big budget, which may not be what you will be given anyway. Go see someone's home. It's even better if you manage to get the owner while you're there so you can have a glimpse at whether the owner is happy with the contractor. smile.gif

6)Try your best not to announce that you need an ID/contractor or need a certain contractor's contact. You'll find your inbox flooded with PMs, some from legitimate IDs some from Fake owners. Read through T-blogs and PM the owners of the blogs for their ID/contractor's contact. It's a lot safer that way.

BD.. i tot i heard my name! haha!

i agree with this point u stated. "There no need to highlight how good Ah Soon is, no need to highlight how many mistakes he made. One man mat is another man poison. It all for others to see.he may not be the best for everyone."

i've came across contractors/IDs that are so gd and highly recommended in this forum.. but who ask me cheapo.. no budget for ID. Then there were those who promised the sky n mountains... yet failed to even come back to me with a quotation. N those who came back w initial quote that was way too high, say will revise n get back to me... till now... i'm still waiting. :P

Since its such a happening day, i think i must highlight a few points for those still going thru the reno:

1) keep ur spare tiles! My tiles were all cleared and no spare tiles left despite telling him MANY times. Shift in 2mths liao... my spare tiles still missing after numerous promises, including the latest when i saw him at Fannie's place.

2) Grab ur keys. He wouldnt need them after he chges to chain lock. My uber expensive lock only came with 4 keys n one is forever with him. Again.. 2mths after HO liao.

3) be prepared for countless rounds of rectifications. I rembr pple asking me in my t-blog (or in another temp site when RT was down) that how come my house so long still not handed over yet. Masking tapes and marker pens are must-have in the house.

4) my carpentry has got mis-drilled holes patched with white silicon. Not many.. but was a little tough to dismantle the whole cabinet n i only saw the defect after the entire cabinet was up. So i made do with it.

5) Electrical was the most irritating part. Wrong position, slanted trays... u name it, he did it.

*i better take shelter now*

And lastly.. who was it who wants Impress 21's number? i have it with me.. i think he did a very gd job for oogachaga's place.. was in my consideration list too. :)

Hehehe...must take all yr pts into consideration liao...hehehehe...all these pointers sure help.:P

IT ME!!!ME!!!!...i was the one who recommend Merryman Impress 21...me PM number to him liao lor..:P...

To be fair, I'm not an Ah Soon's client (yet, havent began calling for contractors, only emailed some). I've actually re-read from the start of the thread and it started with how you commented about their comments, saying how the contractor was idolised. So were they attacked by you first?

Again, I will say, anyone who has bad comments from personal experience, let them share. Let us not speculate. People who wrote about being flown aeroplane or forummer rock who has wrote about a not so well experience with Ah Soon 4 years ago, no one has attacked them. Even pinkpetter and others have also warned that Ah Soon might not suit everyone.

Anyway, let this rest and let people share their experience of Ah Soon, be it good or bad...

I kinda agree with that,

I just dont understand why nyc, if you really don't prefer Ah Soon or you cant stand people making positive comments, why bother coming in to start this 2nd world war again, yes its the 2nd time.

BD.. i tot i heard my name! haha!

i agree with this point u stated. "There no need to highlight how good Ah Soon is, no need to highlight how many mistakes he made. One man mat is another man poison. It all for others to see.he may not be the best for everyone."

i've came across contractors/IDs that are so gd and highly recommended in this forum.. but who ask me cheapo.. no budget for ID. Then there were those who promised the sky n mountains... yet failed to even come back to me with a quotation. N those who came back w initial quote that was way too high, say will revise n get back to me... till now... i'm still waiting. :P

Since its such a happening day, i think i must highlight a few points for those still going thru the reno:

1) keep ur spare tiles! My tiles were all cleared and no spare tiles left despite telling him MANY times. Shift in 2mths liao... my spare tiles still missing after numerous promises, including the latest when i saw him at Fannie's place.

2) Grab ur keys. He wouldnt need them after he chges to chain lock. My uber expensive lock only came with 4 keys n one is forever with him. Again.. 2mths after HO liao.

3) be prepared for countless rounds of rectifications. I rembr pple asking me in my t-blog (or in another temp site when RT was down) that how come my house so long still not handed over yet. Masking tapes and marker pens are must-have in the house.

4) my carpentry has got mis-drilled holes patched with white silicon. Not many.. but was a little tough to dismantle the whole cabinet n i only saw the defect after the entire cabinet was up. So i made do with it.

5) Electrical was the most irritating part. Wrong position, slanted trays... u name it, he did it.

*i better take shelter now*

And lastly.. who was it who wants Impress 21's number? i have it with me.. i think he did a very gd job for oogachaga's place.. was in my consideration list too. :)

Edited by mrspiglet