Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi pang pang

u can refer to this thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25501

where u buy ur tiles? basically, homo tiles comes in polished and wax tiles.

polished tiles do not have a layer of wax to protect it...

those with wax one, after lay, the wax must be removed. the wax is meant to protect the tiles from scratches when laying tiles...

be careful, mine comes with the wax type... the wax on the tiles is NOT EASY TO REMOVE...but luckily lian seng hin promised to rectify the wax stains...

Hi Seashell.. thanks..i bought it at Sin Lek.. i called their sales person and confirm that must remove / polich away the wax else

will be ugly in times to come ..funny thing is that Ah Soon and his tiler told me no need ..haizz nvm la...i rectify the issue by

paying myself..now the tiles v shiny and nice :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ok.. i called tile shop.. they say the wax is to protect during the tiling.. after done shd polish off the wax so that it's nice

else sometimes after prolonged period of time after we wash the flr and pressure applied differently might look not nice

and capture dirt

hi pang pang

u can refer to this thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25501

where u buy ur tiles? basically, homo tiles comes in polished and wax tiles.

polished tiles do not have a layer of wax to protect it...

those with wax one, after lay, the wax must be removed. the wax is meant to protect the tiles from scratches when laying tiles...

be careful, mine comes with the wax type... the wax on the tiles is NOT EASY TO REMOVE...but luckily lian seng hin promised to rectify the wax stains...

Hi seashell, can you teach me how to check for hollow tiles?

hi may

i happen to find this, see if it helps..

http://www.archive.org/details/JoashCheeWh...useFloorDefects

basically u can use a marble or coin to tap the four edges and the center of the tile... u can hear a hollow sound if the tile is hollow..

accordingly, hollow tile if not rectified (removed and replace with a new piece), in time to come, it will tilt ('qiao') and when u walk, u will kick onto it... n if left ignored again, it will pop up completely...

i also think so lei.. but contractor say no remove the wax no nice... wonder what's right and wat's wrong

Ok.. i called tile shop.. they say the wax is to protect during the tiling.. after done shd polish off the wax so that it's nice

else sometimes after prolonged period of time after we wash the flr and pressure applied differently might look not nice

and capture dirt

Hi SS, is yours homo tiles? My new contractor say must polish the tiles so that the wax on top of the tiles will be removed..anyone heard this before?

Polish Homo tiles ? Unless it is scratches or change in color. Wax should not be remove as it serve as a protection on new tiles.

this is really a very good pointers given by BCA :

http://www.bca.gov.sg/housing/sp/Renovatin...ointerFloor.htm

u know how to check for hollow tiles? this is VERY VERY IMPT.

Thanks dear :D is it knock knock on the floor to check for hallow tiles? I saw 1 of the contractor just knock on the previous marble flooring and he say it's hallow. For hallow flooring, do we need to redo?

Eh...hw to see whether the workmanship is good? My tiles are completed but I dunno hw to see :P

Min kicking effect , leveling

it depend on ID or the main con whether he willing to pay more a get a good tiler as it will eat into his cost. My tiler is a local 50+ uncle with superb skill. When Lian Hin ppl came to remove some of the hairline scratches of the granite flooring , they can't believe the super b workmanship. They told me they have not seem such a good workmanship for so long.

Eh...hw to see whether the workmanship is good? My tiles are completed but I dunno hw to see :P