Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hi zio

i got this photo from another thread.... another forumer who has his house renovated by him...

just a question to ah soon supporter:

from a scale of 1-10, how much do u rate him for

1) tiling work

2) carpentry work?

the last round he did my reno which was 5yrs ago, he only did mostly like tiles, shower screen, etc.. no carpentry...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi rock. that's DEFINITELY him, at least, the one we are talking about in this thread... He does some HDB rectifications too from time to time. :)

Edited by pinkpetter

hallo,

can anyone advise if the photo i posted is ah soon?

Cus last time when i bought a re-purchased flat from HDB, HDB actually send this uncle (in the photo) to do some rectification for me. End up I engaged him to do so other works. I called his last company (as per invoice) but the company I think no longer there.

So anyone can advise his company name and give me his contact? thanks a million! I got my second home and looking for reno again...

DSC01180.jpg

ya it is him.....

but is it wise to post someone's pic without his consent ? :rolleyes:

hi sohck

have u decided to go with which reno company?... u can pm me for (Ah soon) comments he had done for my last house :)

Edited by rock

hallo,

Cus last time when i bought a re-purchased flat from HDB, HDB actually send this uncle (in the photo) to do some rectification for me. End up I engaged him to do so other works. I called his last company (as per invoice) but the company I think no longer there.

So anyone can advise his company name and give me his contact? thanks a million! I got my second home and looking for reno again...

DSC01180.jpg

I met Ah Soon twice. The older man in the picture looks like him to me (unless my short-long-asti eye-sight is failing faster than I thought) except that the one I met has more white hairs.

His company name is Fu Hua.

Edited by sohck

hallo,

DSC01180.jpg

I promised to do this on every page so that other new readers will not be misled.

For newcomers, people who intend to renovate and people doing homework early.

1) All renovation has its hiccups. Simply because we are humans. Some people experience more hiccups, some less.

Same goes for Uncle's clients. Some of us had more problems than others. If you look carefully and actually note down, you'll notice that

it's not consistent. This could be due to a number of reasons... some of which involves Uncle, some not.

2) Do your homework. Not just which ID/contractor is good on the forum... but as you read, you should take note of little tricks and tips

that people do when they are having their reno... write them down so that you can also do them when it's your turn. Stuff like labelling tile

samples and leaving them in the house, drawing the actual electrical points on the walls of the house, marking crosses on stuff to be

hacked.... Small stuff.

These will come in useful not just in dealing with Uncle but with ANY ID or any contractor... especially when some of them try to

spoonfeed you with rubbish information. :)

3) Get as many quotations as you can. I know it's tiring and it's troublesome and sometimes even humiliating... I've been through all that.

But get them. At least 8? 10? 15? I had about 20 I think. I can't really remember and I trashed them. Get enough to convince yourself

that you have seen enough to say that you like the person's mannerism, work style, reputation, workmanship for that PRICE.... so that

you will regret less later on.

I've come across some owners who insist on getting Uncle's contact and want to engage Uncle with just very few quotations in hand. I

advised them against this and really beg them to go get more.

4) There are plenty of contractors and IDs in Singapore with different range of services, different approach in dealing with people and different prices to offer.

The only reason why you keep seeing Uncle Soon's name around this forum is not because he's the ONLY contractor but simply because it just so happens that a number of forummers are currently having their houses done by him. Please go look through at least 3-4 of the following T-blogs - mrspiglet's, smallboy's, fondue's, familyof4's, ivy's, aubrey's, jesperbg's, ashes02's, Native02's, pinkpetter's, Metalsubzero's, gaku70's, growler's, guy77's, blue_diamond's, apples'...... if I missed out anyone.. SORRY LA... very difficult to remember leh.

5) Everyone has varying standards of carpentry. What you may find acceptable may not seem so to another person. Don't take someone's word for it. Go see it for yourself and decide if you think it's acceptable. By that, I don't mean viewing showrooms. I think showrooms are trash. They put together the best stuff with a big budget, which may not be what you will be given anyway. Go see someone's home. It's even better if you manage to get the owner while you're there so you can have a glimpse at whether the owner is happy with the contractor. :)

**NEW** 6)Try your best not to announce that you need an ID/contractor or need a certain contractor's contact. You'll find your inbox flooded with PMs, some from legitimate IDs some from Fake owners. Read through T-blogs and PM the owners of the blogs for their ID/contractor's contact. It's a lot safer that way.

Really surprised to see you here pinkpetter, thanks for the pm on Uncle Soon too!

After reading thru 4 pages of heated exchanges, it seems like Uncle Soon is a victim of his own success. Too busy now until he has to sub out to other people to do? Won't quality be a ? Since we don't even know whether their workmanship is on par with Uncle Soon's? What if it isn't? Rectifications coming our way soon?

Don't flame me, I'm just stating my concerns as a neutral observer, am not a fan of any clans/groups or whatever. I'm also just starting out to look for reasonably priced contractors with quality workmanship like many of us here with a limited amount of budget we have.

I will continue to read this thread but keeping my options open too in the meantime. Hope I don't accidentally ruffle any feathers too, if I did my sincere apologies.

haha Hi Thommy! I'm glad that you read this carefully. Do read a few T-blogs too!

I hope that you will take all Uncle's good and bad points into consideration while deciding an ID/contractor. At the end of the day, we all come here to learn more and make informed decisions ya? :)

Really surprised to see you here pinkpetter, thanks for the pm on Uncle Soon too!

After reading thru 4 pages of heated exchanges, it seems like Uncle Soon is a victim of his own success. Too busy now until he has to sub out to other people to do? Won't quality be a ? Since we don't even know whether their workmanship is on par with Uncle Soon's? What if it isn't? Rectifications coming our way soon?

Don't flame me, I'm just stating my concerns as a neutral observer, am not a fan of any clans/groups or whatever. I'm also just starting out to look for reasonably priced contractors with quality workmanship like many of us here with a limited amount of budget we have.

I will continue to read this thread but keeping my options open too in the meantime. Hope I don't accidentally ruffle any feathers too, if I did my sincere apologies.

Zio, he can read sms, but can't reply! lol...so if u text him, he read liao also can't reply u. He once ask me to text him info then never reply to say if he understands and I was worried that he didn't get the info then called to check.

he sounded pai seh and said he receive, but don;t know hw to reply :P

orh.... HaHa..

actually I expect that la,, cos since he can call me back when he see missed call, he shld be able to click 1 button to see the message. lol, just that he cant type sms.

ok I shall call him now to see IF he see my sms :P

Zio, he can read sms, but can't reply! lol...so if u text him, he read liao also can't reply u. He once ask me to text him info then never reply to say if he understands and I was worried that he didn't get the info then called to check.

he sounded pai seh and said he receive, but don;t know hw to reply :P

Zio uncle already know that there is a "manual GPS" system among his clients and he is very used to us helping each other chase him for appointments and stuffs :)

oh lol....ok loh, if can u all help me remind him

I am now awaiting his quotation, he dun use SMS de rite...haha, cos he nv reply one, no matter chinese or english

you all also always rush him and call him everyday to remind him de ah ? frankly I nv chase someone till like I am running 10km lo. :P chase till abit paiseh haha

Edited by Zio

aiya ivy i nv see this message eariler, lol

if u happen to see him again remind him

the hougang ave 1 one he will know :D

i guess we all help remind for each other until ah soon find it so weird how come all connected to each other one

haha

Zio uncle already know that there is a "manual GPS" system among his clients and he is very used to us helping each other chase him for appointments and stuffs :)

i didn't know about having imposters~so unethical.

Ivy, maybe you want to disclose this person?

Actually I will not label her as imposter at this moment especially if her parnter's name is really Ah Soon. However, I guess it is really not very ethical to ride on this thread and pull a smoke screen over new forummers who may not be able to tell the difference. She should just come clean and make known that her Ah Soon is not the one we are discussing.

I don't want to be seen as cutting off her biz since she didn't really do much damage (I hope). If anyone receive a PM when asking for Ah Soon's contact and receive a PM from a nick f****i (only disclosing the first and last alpha, leave a path out for her, in case her intention is really not out to pull a fast one) just note that the ah soon is a different one. Uncle ah soon will never use email cos he can't read, he will also not able to supply u a quote immediately as it's more a less a one man show.