Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blessedfromnow

What Are The Things To Note When Viewing Resale Flat?

hi all, can any kind souls give me a list of things which i nd to take note / ask when viewing for resale flats?

I'm looking for 4rm flat, jurong east area, near to mrt and amentites. If you are selling something similiar to my requirement, pls do leave a msg / PM me. Thanks!

Edited by blessedfromnow

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A LOT OF THINGS... it also depends on whether you believe in Fengshui...

Most imptly

1) Walk down the nearest staircase near the unit to check for signs of loansharks. Do it during all the viewings you go to the prospective flat.... Be extra alert if the seller seems to be in need of money quick.

2) Look for any telltale signs of a bad neighbour. I've seen people who put bicycles and laundry all the way to their neighbours' doors. If you move in, they'll bully you the same too.

3) availability of lifts on your floor (if you need it) If upgrading, ask when it would be and how much it costs.

4) If you have a small budget for your reno... then check the floor tiles, windows, window grilles and walls. If those are ok, you'll save lots.

5) check for leakages. If you like the place and do sign the option for it, call up HDB and ask them to pay special attention to the leakage if any. Sometimes some officers don't check properly and eventually the leaking problem becomes yours.

hihi,

i do know that some HDB inspections are not really thorough with their checks .. other than that what are the other things to look out for ??

thanks thanks

A LOT OF THINGS... it also depends on whether you believe in Fengshui...

Most imptly

1) Walk down the nearest staircase near the unit to check for signs of loansharks. Do it during all the viewings you go to the prospective flat.... Be extra alert if the seller seems to be in need of money quick.

2) Look for any telltale signs of a bad neighbour. I've seen people who put bicycles and laundry all the way to their neighbours' doors. If you move in, they'll bully you the same too.

3) availability of lifts on your floor (if you need it) If upgrading, ask when it would be and how much it costs.

4) If you have a small budget for your reno... then check the floor tiles, windows, window grilles and walls. If those are ok, you'll save lots.

5) check for leakages. If you like the place and do sign the option for it, call up HDB and ask them to pay special attention to the leakage if any. Sometimes some officers don't check properly and eventually the leaking problem becomes yours.

hi pinkpetter,

thanks for ur advice. nope, we dun believe in fengshui.

as for ur pt no. 5, u mean hdb ppl will cm down to inspect the hse for us when we sign the option for?

pls help. :)

When u sign the OTP, don't know is after 1st appointment or before. HDB will sent ppl down to inspect the unit.

Ensure the seller does not do any illegal modification. If the office spot any, they will ask the seller to revoke back or else the transaction cannot complete.

But had cases, like the office miss out. Then when the buyer want to sell the unit few yrs later. Another office spot that and request the flat owner to change even the modification is not done by them.

When u sign the OTP, don't know is after 1st appointment or before. HDB will sent ppl down to inspect the unit.

Ensure the seller does not do any illegal modification. If the office spot any, they will ask the seller to revoke back or else the transaction cannot complete.

But had cases, like the office miss out. Then when the buyer want to sell the unit few yrs later. Another office spot that and request the flat owner to change even the modification is not done by them.

after sign OTP, submit to hdb for 1st appointment date then hdb would call owners up to inspect the unit. Nowadays very fast as they want to expedite the sales without delay. Just few years ago, inspection was carried out after 1st appointment and 2nd appointment date would be delayed in the event that sellers delay in rectifying what needs to be rectified as spelt out by hdb after the inspection.

Leaking pipes? anyone check on that? Is it the seller responibility before resale completion?

leaking pipes. Dont think so

want to ask question, don't repeat the same question all over the thread.

can advise me,

agent told me the seller has requested to stay another month after the completion (collection of key)

can i ask for 1 month rental fee.

can advise me,

agent told me the seller has requested to stay another month after the completion (collection of key)

can advise me,

Don't see any thing wrong with asking for 1 month rental.

i think the seller shd be understanding enuf to make compensation.

Must be sufficient, but need not be adequate for consideration.

when will HDB swipe all CPF $ on 1st appointment or 2nd appointment for buying resale flat in open market?

when we need to apply cpf home protection insurance if we want to use cpf monthly payment? is it before 1st appointment

Edited by dean