Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Downlights

I will be heading to balestier road to look for Downlights.

I got a couple of questions to ask about downlights before I head there to one shop by one shop recce.

1) Normally how much does each cost ?

2) Usually how much distance before another piece is needed, as in how to determine how many pieces u need ?

3) Round one or Square ones cost more ? Which one you all think is better ? What are their difference ?

4) How is the electricity consumption of downlights ?

5) Lastly, anyone is using it now, care to share lobang on which shops you get it from ?

Thanks a million for taking time to reply. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

$20~ can vary, depends on size, design, shop. Too big will look abit ugly. Too small will limit your bulb size = too dim.

2) Usually how much distance before another piece is needed, as in how to determine how many pieces u need ?

u should have a self-feel already from the length of the ceiling. u can bring the floor plan to them and ask the shop to gauge for you how many pieces needed (if u have decided on which shop to buy from).

3) Round one or Square ones cost more ? Which one you all think is better ? What are their difference ?

depends on design. see which one u like better.

depends on what bulb u put in.

along jalan besarh also have alot of light shops.

I will be heading to balestier road to look for Downlights.

I got a couple of questions to ask about downlights before I head there to one shop by one shop recce.

Depend on design range from $20-$50 each including the bulb.

My lighting boss will look at my floor plan and let me know, so I got no problem on that.

Ard the same price. Square look modern, round it common, but too many square will look too squarish for the house so it really depend on your house reno design.

Using energy saving light bulbs is the cheaper alternative. If got money use LED light for long term, less heat and also using lesser watt.

5) Lastly, anyone is using it now, care to share lobang on which shops you get it from ?

I using downlight and also LED. Got it from a shop at Changi road call Endura trading.

Thanks a million for taking time to reply. :)

I do understand the lighting shops at balester rd maybe quite ex compare to other ulu ulu shops.

Downlights shld be quite cheap....$15~$20 each...

Everywhere also around that price...:P

$15 ???

I thought is ard $25 per piece ?

hmmm i haven go ard to see but I guess alot of ppl recommend Chelsea Lightning at Jurong East.

find one day go there see...

or any other trust worthy shops to recommend ?

I do understand the lighting shops at balester rd maybe quite ex compare to other ulu ulu shops.

icic

I used to go balestria road to see the lights,

so any ulu ulu shops to recommend ???? :D

Prices can indeed range from $20 to $50, there is really no standard price because all the PLC lights come in different sizes, casing made with different material (whether spray painted, powder coated), different types of wiring insulation, different grade of bulb fittings, different ways to open/close the PLC, and comes with different bulbs & balast.. even the reflective material inside have different grades of 'reflectiveness' if you wish to go into details..

It is difficult for us end consumers to really know which is better, the best is to go to a few shops, or as many as you can, hold the PLC in your hands and take a look, find something you like and use this as a comparison with other shops~