Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
broke

anyone sign with decormark?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just want to share my personal experience.

Just to confirm, is that the shop right the corner next to the bridal shop and opposite the shop that sells door knobs and handles at IMM 3rd floor?

I was shopping for an ID firm back then and I walked past their shop, was flipping their photo album when this aunty in her late 30s or early 40s approached me. I told her I was browsing. She actually replied, "you can also see the same pictures from interior magazines."

Excuse me, what kind of nonsense comment was that?

I explained nicely that I was looking for an interior firm to do up my place. This time round she asked if I'm a designer, and she said I looked like a designer. (Should I be flattered??)

So I replied, No I'm not a designer. Is that your usual modus operandi? Whenever there's someone browsing your photo album, you assume they are designers and they are here to steal your concepts and ideas? That's ridiculous!

Next she asked, "So do you have a floor plan?" which I did.

I coldly replied, "I was looking at your photo album to see if there's anything impressive and it catches my attention before I decide if I even want to walk in. With your kind of rude assumption and accusative mannerism, you think I would even consider you?

I struck them off my list on the spot without looking back or asking for a quote, there are so many renovation firms in IMM. Some don't bother you if you are flipping, some acknowledge you with a smile, some come up to you and ask if you need help.

As for assuming that I was there to steal with my photographic memory, that's a first! Talk about first impressions, I was totally disgusted. :dunno:

Just want to share my personal experience.

Just to confirm, is that the shop right the corner next to the bridal shop and opposite the shop that sells door knobs and handles at IMM 3rd floor?

I was shopping for an ID firm back then and I walked past their shop, was flipping their photo album when this aunty in her late 30s or early 40s approached me. I told her I was browsing. She actually replied, "you can also see the same pictures from interior magazines."

Excuse me, what kind of nonsense comment was that?

I explained nicely that I was looking for an interior firm to do up my place. This time round she asked if I'm a designer, and she said I looked like a designer. (Should I be flattered??)

So I replied, No I'm not a designer. Is that your usual modus operandi? Whenever there's someone browsing your photo album, you assume they are designers and they are here to steal your concepts and ideas? That's ridiculous!

Next she asked, "So do you have a floor plan?" which I did.

I coldly replied, "I was looking at your photo album to see if there's anything impressive and it catches my attention before I decide if I even want to walk in. With your kind of rude assumption and accusative mannerism, you think I would even consider you?

I struck them off my list on the spot without looking back or asking for a quote, there are so many renovation firms in IMM. Some don't bother you if you are flipping, some acknowledge you with a smile, some come up to you and ask if you need help.

As for assuming that I was there to steal with my photographic memory, that's a first! Talk about first impressions, I was totally disgusted. :sport-smiley-004:

I had the same experience as you,Cloyn

The lady asked me the same question, "Are you a designer ?"

I was amazed at her sense of judgement and of course,was openly honest with her.

She then proceeded to ask me if I was interested to help her in setting up a website.

Sorry for the frankness Cloyn,but I have to say that you were being over-sensitive.

And of course, I did engage them to do up my apartment.

I have to say, that their work was actually very up to standard and I am very satisfied with their job done.

I went through a few interior designing magazines before, and from your comment it seems that you have misunderstood her.

When she replied ,"You can actually see the same pictures from interior magazines"

From my point of view is, Their work is as up to standard as those of the interior designing magazines.

Its true that some dont bother if you're flipping through, well, i personally don't like that kind of sales-person.

They don't even bother about making business.

As for your comment ,"As for assuming that I was there to steal with my photographic memory, that's a first! Talk about first impressions, I was totally disgusted" ,I guess you've been overly-sensitive.

I had the same experience as you,Cloyn

The lady asked me the same question, "Are you a designer ?"

I was amazed at her sense of judgement and of course,was openly honest with her.

She then proceeded to ask me if I was interested to help her in setting up a website.

Sorry for the frankness Cloyn,but I have to say that you were being over-sensitive.

And of course, I did engage them to do up my apartment.

I have to say, that their work was actually very up to standard and I am very satisfied with their job done.

I went through a few interior designing magazines before, and from your comment it seems that you have misunderstood her.

When she replied ,"You can actually see the same pictures from interior magazines"

From my point of view is, Their work is as up to standard as those of the interior designing magazines.

Its true that some dont bother if you're flipping through, well, i personally don't like that kind of sales-person.

They don't even bother about making business.

As for your comment ,"As for assuming that I was there to steal with my photographic memory, that's a first! Talk about first impressions, I was totally disgusted" ,I guess you've been overly-sensitive.

Hi white,

You just registered earlier at 10:47pm and your very first reply at 11:30pm was specially dedicated to defend the ID firm which you engaged before, of course that's understandable, we're all proud of our choices. No, don't be mistaken. I'm not trying to imply anything by pointing those obvious out. Maybe you're right. I'm overly sensitive. But sometimes, explaining only makes things worse if more dirt gets dig out in the process.

Let's see.

What a coincidence! Within a thread of 16 posts and 2 customers! both of us encountered the same ridiculous questioning by the same aunty?? Average folks like you and me and anyone else walk in only to be accused of interior designers from rival firms checking them out? I wonder if she poses that sort of rude questions to everyone. How are they going to do business with her around?

I see, so you are a webdesigner? since she asked if you interested in helping her set up a website? I'm not too familiar with this design business here, but don't she need to assess your portfolio and capability like how you assess their photo album before you engage them? Amazing judgment she had perhaps, seems like she knows you will be good just by a look. Don't be overly sensitive there too. I'm not judging you there, just that potential candidates do need to be interviewed and assessed before they get employed too, isn't it?

Also, if you wish to highlight in bold and emphasis just to let everyone in this thread know about their up to standard work are just like those found in interior magazines. Then Perhaps some photos of your completed designer unit would do them some justice. Actually those in interior magazines just happen to be featured works of other interior companies anyway, nothing special.

Just like you, I don't quite like the kind of shops whereby you get ignored while you are flipping through their albums, but getting bitchy questions from shop owners is not something that's preferred either, lesser of the 2 evils you think? SAME! Like the former, both not interested in doing business, they can keep their both photo albums in the storeroom till someone asks for them.

In every ID firm, there are bound to be some black sheep and rotten apples, it does not represent the whole firm. though you can't deny that it will more or less affect their reputation. But there are sure to be competent IDs within, just make sure you know who to ask for and who not to ask for. The ones with superior service gets the deal.

And at this internet age, the internet savvy customers are not gullible like before, we share our experience in forums to let others know of our predicament and what they might also potentially get, so that people get to pick the good apples and avoid the rotten apples too. There's still another group of customers for them, those who are not aware of this forum. Too bad for them.

Edited by Cloyn

hl colyn,

so in the end who do u sign up with?

thanks

sunny

Hi Sunny, I didn't sign with any of the firms in IMM, signed with another recommended by a friend, detailed discussion is still ongoing, so far so good, but I will have to wait till I see the actual completed works before I would even recommend him to anyone.

Another tip for consumers, you can actually call up the CASE hotline and give them the name of the companies that you are considering. They can tell you over the phone if they are "blacklisted", once the particular company reach a number of complaints, it will be on that list, and you can inquire over the phone. Same goes for any other companies for your home needs, like furniture shops. They have their own set of horror stories to tell in other threads.