Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
danngkb

Unprofessional Housing Agents

Recently went to view a flat and later agreed with wonderful owners that I will put an offer on 2nd viewing 2 days later.

Property agents (Cherie - an obese short lady from HSR) and another lady acting on behalf of their boss tried to pressure their seller into accepting an offer (the first offer they received above valuation) lesser than what I was going to offer when they knew there is a second viewing and possible offer from me. Late as I was, but guess I still "missed the boat" although the agents DID NOT act in good faith of the seller.

Cherie even had the cheek to raise her voice at me when I tried to know more about the scenario when I went ahead to the location for 2nd viewing.

HSR claims they are the first choice in real estate. From the experience and the vocal intimidation received from Cherie, it is shocking that they can make it up to first choice.

Although HSR may be one of the leading companies in the market, my advice to friends out there, be careful because there are some really HORRENDOUS agents like Cherie who think they can use their proud ways to get about what they want.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Maybe, but one should note that "an offer in hand is worth two in the bush", and that it's for the seller to decide whether he wants to accept whatever offer presented to him, and also for the seller (not the potential buyer) to decide if he's satisfied with the performance of the agent and has acted in his interest.

Recently went to view a flat and later agreed with wonderful owners that I will put an offer on 2nd viewing 2 days later.

Property agents (Cherie - an obese short lady from HSR) and another lady acting on behalf of their boss tried to pressure their seller into accepting an offer (the first offer they received above valuation) lesser than what I was going to offer when they knew there is a second viewing and possible offer from me. Late as I was, but guess I still "missed the boat" although the agents DID NOT act in good faith of the seller.

Cherie even had the cheek to raise her voice at me when I tried to know more about the scenario when I went ahead to the location for 2nd viewing.

HSR claims they are the first choice in real estate. From the experience and the vocal intimidation received from Cherie, it is shocking that they can make it up to first choice.

Although HSR may be one of the leading companies in the market, my advice to friends out there, be careful because there are some really HORRENDOUS agents like Cherie who think they can use their proud ways to get about what they want.

It sounds like your rant is about these agents not acting in the BUYER's (aka. your) interest, no?

I would like to add another unprofessional agent...his name is Bobby Sng or something....

Gangster agent.... actually raised his voice and shouted at us....using intimidation tactics. Please do not ever use this guy. All air and empty promises, and always act the pitiful party like "I will pay for the repair works if the seller dun wanna pay" in front of the HDB officer. I'm the seller, and before we went into the office, he was raising his voice and intimidating us, but went in behaved like the pitiful party. He's short with collar length dyed hair.

Hi,

just want a view here.

We have sold our flat and wanted to know if we can remove our bathroom and kitchen accessories and shelves (in the living room) since we will install them at our new place. There was no black and white on paper that we will leave all these for our buyers. Reason for asking was our buyers' gangster agent, yesterday had a shouting match with us that we removed the accessories when we were not "supposed" to remove it.

Why we removed was all the accessories were fom Song-Cho. And that time during the 2nd appt, only the buyers' agent was there to represent them. When we tried to get the agent to schedule an appt with the buyers so we can talk about our furnishings (we wanted to discuss like give us a token for the accessories and furnishings) but kena shot down by the agent saying anything that they need to pay they dun want it.

Now they came to inspect and the agent put on a gangster front and tried to intimidate us.

Edited by forgotten