Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Marcussy

M & M Love Nest In Tenteram

hmm..your mum is right!no matter how small is the table,it seems 6 chair is the minimum!

she is more sensitive than you! 8|

Eh...i think MJ table can't put 6 chairs right? Haha...

Ya we don't really know abt this, but since it's an elder's wishes we'll just conform. Min actually says dun bother about it originally but i dun want her mum to feel that we dun respect her feelings. Anyway, 6 is fine since we got space.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just an update, I'll be going down to seller's place on Thu with my contractor so that we can survey the ground and decide if overlay is possible or needs hacking. One concern about overlay in the bathroom is that it'll make an already small place look smaller. Will take pics of the current state of the house then.

My contractor quoted $1050 for painting of the whole house. I thought can get around $800 since it's a vacant house. Any lobangs anyone?

Sure once I talk to him and is comfortable, I will share with you. His quotes are quite competitive. Asking him to go down to my new flat on Wed to talk abt renovating stuff. So u started scouting ard already too?

I'm also scouting around for contractors now ... though i've not even gone for my 1st appt hehehe ....

So now juz counting down to our 1st appt. and then we can move on with the development of our lovenest.

Ur living is a corridor unit ? but the door is on the other side rite ?

Usually they will overlay for the rooms if u wana do laminate or parquet. So what do u hav in mind for the flooring ?

1 of the contractor quote me $1,100 for the painting .... So urs is a better rate than mine.

I'm also scouting around for contractors now ... though i've not even gone for my 1st appt hehehe ....

So now juz counting down to our 1st appt. and then we can move on with the development of our lovenest.

Ur living is a corridor unit ? but the door is on the other side rite ?

Usually they will overlay for the rooms if u wana do laminate or parquet. So what do u hav in mind for the flooring ?

1 of the contractor quote me $1,100 for the painting .... So urs is a better rate than mine.

Ok lah its good to start early. Get more quotes so that u can compare. Mine is a point block, so 4 corner units on 1 level. Blk 18 & 19 are point blocks, while 16 & 17 got corridor. So yours is the bigger 86sqm corner unit or the smaller 75sqm corridor unit?

I am thinking of only overlaying the bathrooms & kitchen cos want to save cost & minimize dust. But not sure if its possible cos contractor says need to c the place b4 advising. Dunno abt the flooring, tink once i cfm the contractor we will go down to choose tiles. Hah mine is only $50 cheaper than urs la, but i tink can get cheaper one leh. So that's why still asking ard.

ohh the condition looks good. False ceiling all done. so good, can save money.

Ya living room is nice. But need to do toilets cos wanto change tiles, do vanity top, etc.

Went down to my new flat with contractor yday. This is what he quoted:

1.To overlay floor tiles for 2 toilets.:$700

2.To make drainage hole for kitchen toilet.:$200

3.To replace tiles for shower kerb frr 2 toilets.:$160

4.To overlay wall tiles for 2 toilets.:$2400

5.To change piping for 2 toilets.:$350

6.To supply and install 2 sets sitting bowls.:$600

7.To re-install glass basin for 2 toilets.:$160

8.Laminate cabinet for master toilet.:16ft x $90=$1440

9.To supply & install solid surface top for master toilet cabinet.:5ft x $60=$300

10.To supply & install mirror with side shelving for master toilet.:$550

11.To run lighting point & install light for master toilet.:$150

12.To supply & install fix glass panel for 2 toilets.:$500

13.To re-install swing glass door for 2 toilets.$200

14.To supply and install 2 sets aryclic bi-fold door.:$400

15.To re-install 2 sets instant heater.:$120

16.To over lay floor tiles for kitchen.:$900

17.To over lay wall tiles for kitchen.:$1800

18.To lay tiles for fridge & washing machine base.:$160

19.To change piping for kitchen.:$350(applicable if lay wall tiles)

20.To re-install electrical socket..:$350(applicable if lay wall tiles)

21.To change aluminium grills.:$80(applicable if lay wall tiles)

22.To supply & install laminate glass between cabinet.:$550

23.To re-polish existing cabinet top.:$180

24.To run SCV point for bedroom 2.:$80

25.Painting for whole house.:$1050

26.Houlage & washing whole house.:$350

Is this quote ok or too pricy?

Went down to my new flat with contractor yday. This is what he quoted:

1.To overlay floor tiles for 2 toilets.:$700

2.To make drainage hole for kitchen toilet.:$200

3.To replace tiles for shower kerb frr 2 toilets.:$160

4.To overlay wall tiles for 2 toilets.:$2400

5.To change piping for 2 toilets.:$350

6.To supply and install 2 sets sitting bowls.:$600

7.To re-install glass basin for 2 toilets.:$160

8.Laminate cabinet for master toilet.:16ft x $90=$1440

9.To supply & install solid surface top for master toilet cabinet.:5ft x $60=$300

10.To supply & install mirror with side shelving for master toilet.:$550

11.To run lighting point & install light for master toilet.:$150

12.To supply & install fix glass panel for 2 toilets.:$500

13.To re-install swing glass door for 2 toilets.$200

14.To supply and install 2 sets aryclic bi-fold door.:$400

15.To re-install 2 sets instant heater.:$120

16.To over lay floor tiles for kitchen.:$900

17.To over lay wall tiles for kitchen.:$1800

18.To lay tiles for fridge & washing machine base.:$160

19.To change piping for kitchen.:$350(applicable if lay wall tiles)

20.To re-install electrical socket..:$350(applicable if lay wall tiles)

21.To change aluminium grills.:$80(applicable if lay wall tiles)

22.To supply & install laminate glass between cabinet.:$550

23.To re-polish existing cabinet top.:$180

24.To run SCV point for bedroom 2.:$80

25.Painting for whole house.:$1050

26.Houlage & washing whole house.:$350

Is this quote ok or too pricy?

not doing any hacking?

Edited by nobody

Nope cos wanto save cost and also since flat is quite new contractor say overlay no problem. Contractor is quite nice, try to help me save cost here and there and also gave some ideas on how to make things look nicer.

Nope cos wanto save cost and also since flat is quite new contractor say overlay no problem. Contractor is quite nice, try to help me save cost here and there and also gave some ideas on how to make things look nicer.

Oh ! quite true, I have 1 contractor oso suggesting to overlay then to hack as well. Can really save quite a lot actually.

But coz my flat is really old so i decided to just change everything just in case.

Not very sure the pros and cons of overlaying the existing tiles then to hack and replace.

I'm guessing like maybe if overlaying will abit heavier and thicker for the floors ?

Are there any distinctive pros and cons of doing overlaying rather then hacking and retile ?

Overlay is definitely a cheaper option to hacking. I was told that if the flat is old, it would be better to hack and make sure there is no leaking before doing a new tiling. Cos if you overlay then in the end there's leakage, u hv to hack both layers up just to mend it.

As for the increase in thickness, think floor still ok, but the overlayed wall may make your room look smaller. But don't think it will be significant.

Marcussy, I've also recently bought a flat in Jalan Tenteram .... So which block are u ?? Mayb we r neighbours hehehe ...

But my 1st appt will only be on 29th July. I've been looking around for contractors as well for the renov. Mayb if we happen to find the same ID or contractor can get a better discount hehe ...

Just realised that your 1st appt will coincide with my 2nd appt! What time is yours? Mine is early morning 830am.

My contractor quoted $1050 for painting of the whole house. I thought can get around $800 since it's a vacant house. Any lobangs anyone?

Painted my 5rm resale house (123sq m) for $900 using Nippon Easy wash paint (2 coats). Citypainters. Only downside I engaged different contractors for various jobs (to save cost) so need some co-ordination to make sure job gets done on schedule.

Edited by kru

Painted my 5rm resale house (123sq m) for $900 using Nippon Easy wash paint (2 coats). Citypainters. Only downside I engaged different contractors for various jobs (to save cost) so need some co-ordination to make sure job gets done on schedule.

Thanks, just pm you. Pls send me your painters' contact.

Just realised that your 1st appt will coincide with my 2nd appt! What time is yours? Mine is early morning 830am.

Hehe .... mine is 10am in the morning...