Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yappie

Advice Needed For My Windows

Hi,

My apartment is high level and totally unblocked, as such winds can be very very strong at times.

My current windows are the normal push up type. Due to strong winds incidents, the windows sometimes get pushed up to almost perpendicular and i could not close it due to strong winds. In fact during one incident, the rain/winds were so strong that the window was pushed more than 90 degree :( and the hinge actually broke and windows almost fell off.

Can I check if anyone has any recommendation of what i can do to secure the windows?

I actually thought of replacing with sliding, but my contractor said it will be a major work as it will require taking down my window grilles, and side walls will be damaged and repaint required. is it true?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

err ya to replace windows the frame has to be changed and the walls will be damaged. But.. for safety reasons, you should change. If the window pane really drops down, you are the one who will be fined, whether or not anyone is hurt... Not anyone else... so don't take this risk.