Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

Candyprincess, congrats on getting your keys!! :notti:

I'm $2k poorer today... :dunno: Went shopping for lights with our ID and spent about 2hrs+ at just one shop to pick out the lights..

We've also picked out the laminates for the carpentry y'day.. things goin pretty fast suddenly.. Next week, we r goin to see the 3D drawings.. can't wait but $$ oso goin out pretty fast. hahaha..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
:):rofl::yeah:

:bleah::seeya:zz

dun worie u wil get news soon de... mine so fast... maybe u check tomorrow then have news le.. im sure u will collect keys earlier then me... since olredi pushed to end of Oct.. and though i quite gian to see the plc.. i shall refrain... agree on saving on conservancy charges.. hahaha... the moment get the keys means money wil keep on going out liao... :~

:rofl: yaaa agree on backlisted... HAAHAHAHAHAH maybe they thought siaobert has gone overseas liaOx... :rofl:

Wah! don't like that la...i only told them i'm going overseas at end of sep. :notti:

Let's hope we get good news tomorrow.. *PraY HaRD*

congrats to candyprincess :seeya:

and albert, dun be worry, its juz sooner or later. :bleah:

btw, which blk you bk?

hi angelwrath, your mitshubishi inverter is from Best Tech cost $3.4k? can ask hw many system?

from my enquiries, these are some of the prices i gather (incl all piping, insulation and installation fee)

toshiba:

- system 3, inverter: ard S$2.7k

- system 3, non-inverter: ard S$2.5k

mitsubishi

- system 3, inverter: ard S$2.5k

- system 3, non-inverter: ard S$2.3k

so far, recommendation for us is to use inverter type as it save electricity usage = save money in long run = environment friendly = a bit more ex

my hb want to air-con the whole hse. so i hv to get 2 sets. but till not, havent decide hw the air-con arrangement is like yet, whether 3+3 or 4+2.

i think to get gd price, better find yellow pages and call those air-con companies who sell and install these air-con units.

Wah! don't like that la...i only told them i'm going overseas at end of sep. :)

haha! soon lah! don't worry! now 7th month also, get too early also can't do anything unless u not the "pan tang" type :bleah:

congrats to candyprincess zz

and albert, dun be worry, its juz sooner or later. :seeya:

btw, which blk you bk?

hi angelwrath, your mitshubishi inverter is from Best Tech cost $3.4k? can ask hw many system?

from my enquiries, these are some of the prices i gather (incl all piping, insulation and installation fee)

toshiba:

mitsubishi

so far, recommendation for us is to use inverter type as it save electricity usage = save money in long run = environment friendly = a bit more ex

my hb want to air-con the whole hse. so i hv to get 2 sets. but till not, havent decide hw the air-con arrangement is like yet, whether 3+3 or 4+2.

i think to get gd price, better find yellow pages and call those air-con companies who sell and install these air-con units.

just some advice on aircon, the cheapest may not be the best, as what i have found out. the price of the condenser and fancoils are mostly fixed, so what the competitors can play on will be the installation. Most important thing is to ask about the insulating material, the copper piping and drainage pipe. For inverter, due to higher pressure of the gas coolant and more cold, better to get good insulating material such as class 1 and 1/2 inch thick (normal is 3/8 inch) and copper piping thicker at gauge 22 (normal is gauge 23 and 24, the larger number being the thinnest). Also make sure they they give a larger diameter drainage pipe, 16mm to allow water to flow more smoothly and prevent water clogging.

Edited by kayser

Candyprincess, congrats on getting your keys!! :notti:

I'm $2k poorer today... :) Went shopping for lights with our ID and spent about 2hrs+ at just one shop to pick out the lights..

We've also picked out the laminates for the carpentry y'day.. things goin pretty fast suddenly.. Next week, we r goin to see the 3D drawings.. can't wait but $$ oso goin out pretty fast. hahaha..

yeh man... once get keys the money sure flow like waterfall... nt river... waterfall lor... haii...

Wah! don't like that la...i only told them i'm going overseas at end of sep. :seeya:

zz:bleah:

kayser, no worry for me. my hb is mech re. he know the technical portion, material type and installation method vy well. tink he will be the supervisor once our hm reno start. for me, i am his supervisor :yeah::rofl::):rofl: hahahahahhahaa.... :seeya:

yeh man... once get keys the money sure flow like waterfall... nt river... waterfall lor... haii...

:notti:zz

ya lor... wallet hv to be strong :bleah:

but i dun compromise functionality with asthetic, so i will hunt around for best bargain for best functional, practical products rather than those look gd but practically not useful items

haha! soon lah! don't worry! now 7th month also, get too early also can't do anything unless u not the "pan tang" type :bleah:

you're right, don't want to get keys during 7th mth. :seeya:

you're right, don't want to get keys during 7th mth. :)

albert, dun be worry, its juz sooner or later.

btw, which blk you bk?

congrats to candyprincess :wub:

and albert, dun be worry, its juz sooner or later. :wub:

btw, which blk you bk?

toshiba:

mitsubishi

system 4 with class 1 insulation. yup, include installations and all.

toshiba:

mitsubishi

For System3 non inverter, prices seem abit steep. I bought mine Mitsubishi system 3 non inverter at abt $1.7k.. how come the toshiba one cheaper than ME coz usually ME is the most exp..

haha! soon lah! don't worry! now 7th month also, get too early also can't do anything unless u not the "pan tang" type :dunno:

just some advice on aircon, the cheapest may not be the best, as what i have found out. the price of the condenser and fancoils are mostly fixed, so what the competitors can play on will be the installation. Most important thing is to ask about the insulating material, the copper piping and drainage pipe. For inverter, due to higher pressure of the gas coolant and more cold, better to get good insulating material such as class 1 and 1/2 inch thick (normal is 3/8 inch) and copper piping thicker at gauge 22 (normal is gauge 23 and 24, the larger number being the thinnest). Also make sure they they give a larger diameter drainage pipe, 16mm to allow water to flow more smoothly and prevent water clogging.

ya, agree with you. for inverter, best to use is class 0. cu pipe should be gauge 18 coz due to those new type of gases, so call environment friendly but not friendly to cu pipe as they causes vy vy vy tiny pin size holes which r invisible to the eye and in long term of usage will causes leakage. drainage pipe normally use 16mm pvc so not much the air-con contractor can save from pvc pipe.

but even if 1 contractor do all these, its hard to measure by another contractor coz it all depend on your contractor's integrity. but dunno how many got integrity nowadays :(

For System3 non inverter, prices seem abit steep. I bought mine Mitsubishi system 3 non inverter at abt $1.7k.. how come the toshiba one cheaper than ME coz usually ME is the most exp..

these price quoted by 1 of the air-con installer lor..

toshiba:

mitsubishi

another 1 quoted this:

toshiba:

- system 3, inverter: ard S$2.6k

- system 3, non-inverter: ard S$1.9k

in the mkt, ME is cheaper. but like any air-con seller in the mkt, all sales & service teams or installation team of theirs (so called their own), are usually their in-hse contractor, not their own team coz too costly to maintain own team. or even if they do, their strength is relatively small.

but many gd feedback on use of ME system. depend on wat you getting for wat use lor. if for office vrv, daikin better. if for major chillers, there are york, carrier, trane etc. must see these brands excel in which area. but of coz no 100% guarantee that the best brand works without problm. sometime, one can be so 'lucky' and get prblm often.

357 :P

u?

oic. yours vy near mrt rite? mine is 468 dat side. why they delay in giving you the keys? your flat is already those ready type rite?

btw, guz, can i know what tiles are used for our sembawang hse? from the brochure, its state ceramic tiles. r all the tiles in the whole hse the same, using ceramic? eg. floor tiles for living rm, bedrm, balcony, kitchen, toilets? wall tiles for kitchen and toilets?

anyone know abt this?