Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
:unsure: went to see my flat. i think they have finish retiling, now going to paint the house

can i know why must retile?

btw, guz, can i know what tiles are used for our sembawang hse? from the brochure, its state ceramic tiles. r all the tiles in the whole hse the same, using ceramic? eg. floor tiles for living rm, bedrm, balcony, kitchen, toilets? wall tiles for kitchen and toilets?

Yup.. all Ceramic but the floor tiles quite nice, shiny.. initially we thot it was homogeneous.

can i know why must retile?

Because the flat has been vacant for abt 6 yrs.. so HDB retiling and some other rectification work b4 handing over to buyers..

Bert... how ? Got any news fr yr officer or anybody on why yr neighbour can get the hse earlier? :unsure:

My HDB officer just rang me (less than 10mins ago), say that the contractor are still rectifying my unit (not yet ready), so only end sep then can get keys.

Reason why my neighbour got theirs earlier, coz they book their units earlier...crap lo... :unsure: anyway don't wanna argue much, since she said end sep, then i LL got to wait lo (console myself saying 7th mth cannot collect keys lo) :unsure:

Yup.. all Ceramic but the floor tiles quite nice, shiny.. initially we thot it was homogeneous.

Because the flat has been vacant for abt 6 yrs.. so HDB retiling and some other rectification work b4 handing over to buyers..

Bert... how ? Got any news fr yr officer or anybody on why yr neighbour can get the hse earlier? :dunno:

I was wondering why there are only 12 EA units avail now in Sembawang? Did HDB pull them out already? Last time when I checked it in the first week of August, there are still 100+ available EA units in the website.

My HDB officer just rang me (less than 10mins ago), say that the contractor are still rectifying my unit (not yet ready), so only end sep then can get keys.

Reason why my neighbour got theirs earlier, coz they book their units earlier...crap lo... :jawdrop: anyway don't wanna argue much, since she said end sep, then i LL got to wait lo (console myself saying 7th mth cannot collect keys lo) :(

yah .. better dun argue, wait he "pek chek" made u last in the line to receive the keys .... hahha :sport-smiley-004:

I was wondering why there are only 12 EA units avail now in Sembawang? Did HDB pull them out already? Last time when I checked it in the first week of August, there are still 100+ available EA units in the website.

Either many people applied for it OR if not, then come OCt we will know why liao. :yamseng:

true lo true lo.

end up i'm in the losing end. 8|

yah .. better dun argue, wait he "pek chek" made u last in the line to receive the keys .... hahha :yamseng:

Either many people applied for it OR if not, then come OCt we will know why liao. !!

Same sentiments..let's wait and see ba :notti:

Reason why my neighbour got theirs earlier, coz they book their units earlier...crap lo... :yamseng: anyway don't wanna argue much, since she said end sep, then i LL got to wait lo (console myself saying 7th mth cannot collect keys lo) :notti:

!! dun worrie so late also will be earlier than me.. heh...

Bert... how ? Got any news fr yr officer or anybody on why yr neighbour can get the hse earlier? :notti:

under wat condition that the tiles need re-tiling?

does that mean every unit need re-tiling? or did u guz had already inspected the units and HDB agree to re-tile? or is it HDB inform u guz, after u guz had selected your units but not yet inspected, that they need to re-tile these units? i'm still confused over this. coz our procedures is that we get the keys, inspect the whole unit, submit our defect list or complains and HDB will rectify it. and so far, we are so lucky that we don't hv major defects.

under wat condition that the tiles need re-tiling?

does that mean every unit need re-tiling? or did u guz had already inspected the units and HDB agree to re-tile? or is it HDB inform u guz, after u guz had selected your units but not yet inspected, that they need to re-tile these units? i'm still confused over this. coz our procedures is that we get the keys, inspect the whole unit, submit our defect list or complains and HDB will rectify it. and so far, we are so lucky that we don't hv major defects.

eh for us when we signed up, they told us that they were gonna retile the plc n undergo some retification for our unit so mus wait 3-6mths... they said prolly oct-nov get keys... i think becos the units have been empty for roughly 6 yrs... then the things wld have rusted as well as look old... same time the timing coincided with repainting of exterior... so i tink they painted our walls as well ? but all white i heard... in a way, after they do all this, the defects list shld be shorter... maybe too many defects from previous batches so they automatic do up for us before we submit super long list of defects? hehehehehehe anyway, hopefully they do up nice nice and when we see the plc, defects wld be minimal... if nt sian... but i heard the tiles are really nice... i havent seen... heard only.. hehehe... so tempted to collect keys early budden dun wish to start the financial burden earlier... :notti:

eh for us when we signed up, they told us that they were gonna retile the plc n undergo some retification for our unit so mus wait 3-6mths... they said prolly oct-nov get keys... i think becos the units have been empty for roughly 6 yrs... then the things wld have rusted as well as look old... same time the timing coincided with repainting of exterior... so i tink they painted our walls as well ? but all white i heard... in a way, after they do all this, the defects list shld be shorter... maybe too many defects from previous batches so they automatic do up for us before we submit super long list of defects? hehehehehehe anyway, hopefully they do up nice nice and when we see the plc, defects wld be minimal... if nt sian... but i heard the tiles are really nice... i havent seen... heard only.. hehehe... so tempted to collect keys early budden dun wish to start the financial burden earlier... :deal:

oic. but i tink for those blks 468 r different. we were told to collect keys on 2nd appt, go inspect for defects, den submit these defect lists, and HDB will arrange their contractor to rectify them. we used carpet combing method to inspect the whole hse and i tink we are lucky. no crack tiles at all, no crack plastering etc. but also no chance to get them to re-tile lor... ;)

i tink that's why i got my keys faster den u guz. if hdb say must re-tile, did any of you guz go down and try to peep at those empty units thru windows? or maybe some of the units had started rectification works, you guz ever go peep at those units and see how bad it had become that HDB need to re-tile? juz curious.... :dunno:

for us, b4 we shortlisted out the units that we want, we went there for abt 10times at different timings, look at ventilation, sun direction, noise, etc. and go back hm and start to do up our hmwk on the pros and cons of the different blks and the different units. we oso go peep at neighbours' hses, interview them etc. they are all so helpful and vy excited coz they said that area too many vacancy thus too quiet. and if our batch moves in, they will hv more friends and the place wunt be so ulu liao :dancingqueen:

how did you guz choose your unit? any tips or favorites? wat do you look for? mostly want to be near mrt area from what i gather.

i just booked 357C yesterday (28 August 07). :dancingqueen:

HDB say must wait 6 months to collect keys! argg... why so long huh?

is it compulsory to collect keys and sign the lease together? can sign lease earlier?

i just booked 357C yesterday (28 August 07). :D

HDB say must wait 6 months to collect keys! argg... why so long huh?

is it compulsory to collect keys and sign the lease together? can sign lease earlier?

Hey blueturtle, welcome! my hubby loves turtle lor, dont let him see you. LoL

ya, once u sign lease u get ur keys le. normal SOP. Wont be 6 months de la, some of us 1-3 months get keys le.

oic. but i tink for those blks 468 r different. we were told to collect keys on 2nd appt, go inspect for defects, den submit these defect lists, and HDB will arrange their contractor to rectify them. we used carpet combing method to inspect the whole hse and i tink we are lucky. no crack tiles at all, no crack plastering etc. but also no chance to get them to re-tile lor... ;)

i tink that's why i got my keys faster den u guz. if hdb say must re-tile, did any of you guz go down and try to peep at those empty units thru windows? or maybe some of the units had started rectification works, you guz ever go peep at those units and see how bad it had become that HDB need to re-tile? juz curious.... :bleah:

for us, b4 we shortlisted out the units that we want, we went there for abt 10times at different timings, look at ventilation, sun direction, noise, etc. and go back hm and start to do up our hmwk on the pros and cons of the different blks and the different units. we oso go peep at neighbours' hses, interview them etc. they are all so helpful and vy excited coz they said that area too many vacancy thus too quiet. and if our batch moves in, they will hv more friends and the place wunt be so ulu liao :sport-smiley-004:

how did you guz choose your unit? any tips or favorites? wat do you look for? mostly want to be near mrt area from what i gather.

leen we did it the same way, so it's not blk 468 only.

we didnt really go around ask neighbours lor, cause we shy. LoL. for this unit we chosen, i went up recee 1st then kenna like the feel of it then go up another time with hubby lor. we went to units in other areas too, some too old, some condition quite jialat even though it's just behind my parent's blk. Mostly were resale. this unit i gotten was actually the last 2 that we were interested in after our 1st choice was taken up. the other unit was at 508A, it's a repurchased and was renovated even though noone stayed in there before, the renovation notice was still at it's door. so we thought it's weird and were worried if it's "dirty" and that we wont like the renovation done it in and have to re-do, more $$$. So went along with the higher floor unit now and can do wat we want with the renovation lor.

leen we did it the same way, so it's not blk 468 only.

we didnt really go around ask neighbours lor, cause we shy. LoL. for this unit we chosen, i went up recee 1st then kenna like the feel of it then go up another time with hubby lor. we went to units in other areas too, some too old, some condition quite jialat even though it's just behind my parent's blk. Mostly were resale. this unit i gotten was actually the last 2 that we were interested in after our 1st choice was taken up. the other unit was at 508A, it's a repurchased and was renovated even though noone stayed in there before, the renovation notice was still at it's door. so we thought it's weird and were worried if it's "dirty" and that we wont like the renovation done it in and have to re-do, more $$$. So went along with the higher floor unit now and can do wat we want with the renovation lor.

oic. but why candyprincess and albert different procedure from us leh? still confused... :bangwall:

ya, i agree. some units the condition like super jialat. duno why oso :bangwall: some of those repurchased units that were renovated, i think the guz from showflat told us that during that time, many booked or purchased the flats but juz nice happen to crash with economic downturn (something like that) and many owners couldn't cont'd to afford to pay for their units so some either give up and sell back to HDB or some do downgrade exchange with HDB. heard that they must hv real geniune reasons, eg. lost of jobs, etc. and went thru tedious process b4 HDB agree to that. heard some even go to MPs for help. really sympathise with them lor !! !!

den, angelwrath, u started yr reno oredy?