Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yvonnetham

Need Help About Move In Vs 100 Days

Hi Everyone,

I tried to pte msg Mr. Chong for help but seems like his inbox is full.

Just wondering if anyone have any experience or able to offer help?

Renovation works for my unit has been done and now going thru' some final amendments.

Occupants

Male: DOB 31 March 1982 - Dog, my husband

Female: DOB 12 May 1984 - Rat, myself

We've only registered marriage but not yet for the customary and banquet.

One complicated thing would be that my Father passed away on 7 May this year... so my Grandma was saying maybe it is better we 'move in' before my Dad's 100 days which is 14 Aug.

As we checked the regular Chinese calendar to find dates before 14 Aug, we spotted the date 10-Aug as it does not 冲 either Dog or Rat and it states suitable for "入宅". Is this information sufficient or do we need to consider other factors before we go ahead? I've heard need to consider main door direction, timing, etc... how do I tell what is my main door direction? I'm looking at my floorplan with the compass.. but I don't know how to go about reading the direction.

There is also the concerns that Chinese 7th month is coming (20-Aug) etc so we are kind of rushing to get the procedures done. But we have not bought most of the furniture, except only the sofa arrived. Is it okay to '进火' when not all furnitures are up?

Does anyone have any kind advise to offer?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest Goobii

Listen to your old folk ..

100days is a REAL things ... better do it and be safe.

Either do it b4 100 days... or just do it after 100days... so as everything is *really* over... no choice... maybe after the lunar 7th month then u move in..

Edited by Goobii

I googled but found nothing.

I want to make sure I cover my a$$, as I think they are going to try to keep my deposit, due to bad plumbing, but she has already mentioned something about me causing problems..

All I did was notify when there was a plumbing issue, as per my legal obligation as a tenant.

Anyway, I need to write a letter and mail it to my landlord in the next few days.

I am in California, if that makes any difference.

I have taken tons of pictures of when I moved in (to a filthy house!) , and after it was clean (took 3 days to clean it).

I will not be disclosing anything in this letter regarding the state of the house upon move-in vs. now, I will only use the pictures if I dont get my full deposit back.

_________________________________________________-

apartamentos panama