Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
voxy

Just To Share B4 I Leave

Hi sorry to trouble you again, I know a bit long winded but just to make sure everything is in order.

The orchids I am going to buy comes with charcoal that means transfer to a new pot,

first add in one quarter part of leca and three quarter of charcoal.

And the orchids plant put in the garden under sun isit ok.

Many a time my orchids has disappear without reason.

If you go this way... pls do not repot, it will stay dormant for a yr ie no flowering.

I suggest you just buy a nice pot and sit it inside. Spray it with water every morning and fertilised once a week. Make sure there is some light. DO NOT OVER WATER... ie if you see water draining out from the original pot, drain out the water..... If you buy those common small orchid, you can try semi hydro after flowering.... usually people repot it when there is no more space in the pot for further growth or repot after every 3 yrs.....

BTW, I novice hor..... so I also experimenting :D

Enjoy... if you want professional advice, go to GCS forum.... plants nuts over there... :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hmm will have to ask the missus, she's better with roads..i recognize roads and destinations by FOOD haha so unless there's good food there, chances are I'll get lost or forget my way there :P

Moving to Limbang there... u lei? hey, would you happen to know anything about those blocks HDB is building just behind Limbang? At first thought it would be a BTO or something but no news....

Ic ic... actually I'm more keen in the Herbs hehe.. not much of a flower man... but then again u never know hehe... can save $$ on buying flowers? =X ssshhhhh

but in your opinion, do you reckon some soil shld be used for herbs..?

Herbs... I not sure. Go GCS to get all the info you want.... show me when they are done...

If you go this way... pls do not repot, it will stay dormant for a yr ie no flowering.

I suggest you just buy a nice pot and sit it inside. Spray it with water every morning and fertilised once a week. Make sure there is some light. DO NOT OVER WATER... ie if you see water draining out from the original pot, drain out the water..... If you buy those common small orchid, you can try semi hydro after flowering.... usually people repot it when there is no more space in the pot for further growth or repot after every 3 yrs.....

BTW, I novice hor..... so I also experimenting :D

Enjoy... if you want professional advice, go to GCS forum.... plants nuts over there... :D

Hi voxy thanks for your kind tips.

now the orchid bought from the nursery comes with charcoal, anyother words just leave dun repot it.water and fertilise only.

so u was saying semi-hydro the orchid plant.

went to the website this morning, but cannot excess due to new member will wait for the administration reply.

Thks.

Herbs... I not sure. Go GCS to get all the info you want.... show me when they are done...

haha there all orchids here, orchids there.... feel so out of place hehee

haha you moving to cck which part? i'm living with my parents in cck right now. if you want nursery there's one along bukit timah road near the super busy junction where it connects up to cck road and bt panjang road.

Also got another one near the KPE, far behind the buddhist temple near sunshine place.

Hey Storm, are you referring to the one Opp Sheng Shiong supermarket? Or the one opp SIM?

Never really took notice that there were 2 nurseries in these areas :P