Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ussr

Help On Replacing System 3 Aircon @ Home

Hi everyone,

Looking for guidance.

Senario : Bought a 2nd hand place. Came with over 10yr old aircon (National) system 3. 3 bedrms, 2 x normal size, 1 is 2rm broken to 1. current set up is big room 12k aircon, other 2 rooms 9k aircon.

After repairs and replacement within a mth of servicing, other room aircon leak gas already.

(Oh, and repairman is MISSING IN ACTION) do let me know if u want me to publish his name and contact. it was from newspapers. (GRUMBLE)

Today we had a reputable aircon co. come look at the place. All pipeline are hidden by already made shelving which covers big rooms walls. According to technician, the pipes are 9k size pipes (not sure if im using right phrase).

Due to the big rm size, i wanted 1x 12k and 2x9k from Mit Inv. But the problems is the pipes.

All pipes are sz 9k. So will it affect the 12k unit for big room?

we're in the process to get the pipelines checked tomorrow for leakage. (if leak means need remove all those build in cabinets liao) but means i can repipe according to size.

if not, would there be any issues using those 9k pipes with a 12k blower?

Ok.. sorry its abit long winded. But im trying to make it as clear as possible.. looking forward for everyone's advise!

will be camping here for answers and please do ask me anything i try to check

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

Looking for guidance.

Senario : Bought a 2nd hand place. Came with over 10yr old aircon (National) system 3. 3 bedrms, 2 x normal size, 1 is 2rm broken to 1. current set up is big room 12k aircon, other 2 rooms 9k aircon.

After repairs and replacement within a mth of servicing, other room aircon leak gas already.

(Oh, and repairman is MISSING IN ACTION) do let me know if u want me to publish his name and contact. it was from newspapers. (GRUMBLE)

Today we had a reputable aircon co. come look at the place. All pipeline are hidden by already made shelving which covers big rooms walls. According to technician, the pipes are 9k size pipes (not sure if im using right phrase).

Due to the big rm size, i wanted 1x 12k and 2x9k from Mit Inv. But the problems is the pipes.

All pipes are sz 9k. So will it affect the 12k unit for big room?

we're in the process to get the pipelines checked tomorrow for leakage. (if leak means need remove all those build in cabinets liao) but means i can repipe according to size.

if not, would there be any issues using those 9k pipes with a 12k blower?

Ok.. sorry its abit long winded. But im trying to make it as clear as possible.. looking forward for everyone's advise!

will be camping here for answers and please do ask me anything i try to check

Really very long winded. Actually there is not much difference in saving electricity comparing inverter & non-inverter. But parts for inverter is definitely more expensive.

Why not go for Mitsubishi Heavy Duty that many of our renotalker is using? It got quite good remarks from the ppl here who use it.

If you change aircon, why not change the piping also. Some aircon firm is willing to do trade in. You can get discount when buying new aircon if you trade in your old aircon.

Somemore the amount you save is more than enough to cover the expenses to change away your Old piping.

Really very long winded. Actually there is not much difference in saving electricity comparing inverter & non-inverter. But parts for inverter is definitely more expensive.

Why not go for Mitsubishi Heavy Duty that many of our renotalker is using? It got quite good remarks from the ppl here who use it.

If you change aircon, why not change the piping also. Some aircon firm is willing to do trade in. You can get discount when buying new aircon if you trade in your old aircon.

Somemore the amount you save is more than enough to cover the expenses to change away your Old piping.

Can PM me the contacts who does trade in?

Hi, me too am thinking of changing 10yrs o aircon to new system. But the shops that I went to doesn't do trade in. The aircon pipes are concealed thus just wondering if I go for new installation will they charge me more or the package price whereby they had already included the installation price in it..

Hi, me too am thinking of changing 10yrs o aircon to new system. But the shops that I went to doesn't do trade in. The aircon pipes are concealed thus just wondering if I go for new installation will they charge me more or the package price whereby they had already included the installation price in it..

From my experience, aircon shops can quote with a fixed installation cost for HDB. However for private apartment, they would do a site survey to determine the actual cost.