Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fatgirl10

Extra Tv Point

I had just gone through the HDB website and it stated that if I intended to have extra TV point (for my 2 bedrooms) , I had to get SCV to do the installation.

Can anyone give advice on this issue?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I had just gone through the HDB website and it stated that if I intended to have extra TV point (for my 2 bedrooms) , I had to get SCV to do the installation.

Can anyone give advice on this issue?

hi juz to share...

i heard that getting starhub to do it will be ard $20 to $30 much cheaper then getting an contrator ourselve.

correct mi if i'm wrong. :D

About the same price ba. Now starhub also Sub it out to those subcon liao. That time i look for outside contractor to do for my mum hse. Price quite reasonable. They check the signal strength if good then they start adding a point. If signal poor, they won't add the point for me.

Better ask SCV to do it as anything happen such as bad signal, cable internal damage, the SCV will come down and do it for free, if done by electrician, after few months got signal loss, SCV will charge jst for coming down to troubleshoot and that happened to me today.

If you are redoing the whole house electricity, will it be very inconvenient to ask the electrician to not do the SCV points and separately ask Starhub to come and do?

Will the Starhub people help to pull the points to the bedrooms? How are they doing the hiding of the cables?

If you are redoing the whole house electricity, will it be very inconvenient to ask the electrician to not do the SCV points and separately ask Starhub to come and do?

Will the Starhub people help to pull the points to the bedrooms? How are they doing the hiding of the cables?

Yes they will help to pull the TV points to the bedrooms. How the other electrician hid the cables, is how they hid the cables. How inconvenient will it be, the contractor will coordinate the works. If you are the one coordinating the works, ask the Starhub to do first or later also don't affect anything, they are doing cables only, not power points or downlights.

you can try get Starhub to give you the contacts of their approved electricians, then you contact them see if they are willing to do both electrical and cabling at the same time.