Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ossify

My Cosy Home In Holland

how was their services ah?

got very knowledgeable sales pple? like can say the pros and cons of the different brands?

oh, why did you pick panasonic in the end?

am looking for aircon lor....your info would be appreciated... :D

hihi necrosis...

i think i bot the same air con as ossify....but i bot it from Gain City ytd...also @ $1699 but i bundle in the extended warranty for $299 (1 + 4yrs)...unlimited services...+ $100 Robinson voucher.... :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
When I went down to their Tai Seng showroom, there was only 1 salesperson and 1 cashier, very quiet :P Knowledgeable enough for me, unless you want to talk about technical issues like what's the drop gradient required for 7m of piping :D

I brought my floorplan, he calculated for me the amount of BTU needed for each room, and then we explored the options.

I chose Panasonic because it was on promotion price. (that means they're trying to clear stock) All aircons are on 5yr compressor warranty, 1 yr for the CFU+piping so not much difference unless you prefer some design to others.

For the same model with default installation, All-best quoted me $1699 and Gain City quoted me $1699 + free $100 NTUC voucher.

Natural Cool and Coolserve are the 2 most reputable companies I have seen so far and I really don't mind paying them a premium for peace of mind.

I was assigned a installer (name and handphone number) on the spot, was told to arrange a site visit for discussion on the installation roughly 1-2 weeks before actual installation.

As for pros and cons of the different brands, they're all the same. Aircon is aircon. Only difference is the technology: inverter and non-inverter. But I guess different people have different requirements of their aircon :D

hihi ossify...

inverter will be more ex lol....like about $700 - $800 more becos eventually inverter aricon will help u to save electricity lol....but the sales person told us....if not very heavy usage on air con, get the non-inverter shld be good enuff.... :thumbs up:

When I went down to their Tai Seng showroom, there was only 1 salesperson and 1 cashier, very quiet :P Knowledgeable enough for me, unless you want to talk about technical issues like what's the drop gradient required for 7m of piping :D

I brought my floorplan, he calculated for me the amount of BTU needed for each room, and then we explored the options.

I chose Panasonic because it was on promotion price. (that means they're trying to clear stock) All aircons are on 5yr compressor warranty, 1 yr for the CFU+piping so not much difference unless you prefer some design to others.

For the same model with default installation, All-best quoted me $1699 and Gain City quoted me $1699 + free $100 NTUC voucher.

Natural Cool and Coolserve are the 2 most reputable companies I have seen so far and I really don't mind paying them a premium for peace of mind.

I was assigned a installer (name and handphone number) on the spot, was told to arrange a site visit for discussion on the installation roughly 1-2 weeks before actual installation.

As for pros and cons of the different brands, they're all the same. Aircon is aircon. Only difference is the technology: inverter and non-inverter. But I guess different people have different requirements of their aircon :D

i am also shortlisting panasonic system 3 in my shopping list too. May I know at which stage of reno do you install your aircon? sorry if my question sounds silly... :unsure:

Attached is my latest design from floorplanner.com. The circular things on top are alpha v6 white/black ceiling fans.

eta7.jpg

baby%20fan%20white1_500.jpg

baby%20fan%2040%20black500.jpg

Hihi Ossify,

Do you have other lights beside the light from the ceiling fan? Er.. just to share our experience, we noticed that the lights attached with fan are not very bright even when we have used the white light. Luckily, we have another light to support the area. :) You might want to check out on this.

And for your kitchen layout, you might want to re-look at the worktop space. I thought its quite tight to work with, esp. after placing some of the electronic gadget on the top, eg. rice cooker, water boiler etc.

By the way, didn't see the glass doors in the earlier layout plan. What are you going to do with the area behind the red sofa?

hihi necrosis...

i think i bot the same air con as ossify....but i bot it from Gain City ytd...also @ $1699 but i bundle in the extended warranty for $299 (1 + 4yrs)...unlimited services...+ $100 Robinson voucher.... :dancingqueen:

hope you checked out what the "extended warranty" covers for :) read the fine prints!

hihi ossify...

inverter will be more ex lol....like about $700 - $800 more becos eventually inverter aricon will help u to save electricity lol....but the sales person told us....if not very heavy usage on air con, get the non-inverter shld be good enuff.... :thumbs up:

i won't be using much air-con since i have 5 ceiling fans so didn't want to get inverter :D

i am also shortlisting panasonic system 3 in my shopping list too. May I know at which stage of reno do you install your aircon? sorry if my question sounds silly... :unsure:

i will most likely be installing my aircon near the last stage, after my electrical is up. this is so that i can test the aircon and will ensure that minimal "renovation dust" clogging the aircon. after my aircon is up, i will do the flooring and my carpentry. It will be a good idea to discuss with your ID/contractor regarding this.

Hihi Ossify,

Do you have other lights beside the light from the ceiling fan? Er.. just to share our experience, we noticed that the lights attached with fan are not very bright even when we have used the white light. Luckily, we have another light to support the area. :) You might want to check out on this.

And for your kitchen layout, you might want to re-look at the worktop space. I thought its quite tight to work with, esp. after placing some of the electronic gadget on the top, eg. rice cooker, water boiler etc.

By the way, didn't see the glass doors in the earlier layout plan. What are you going to do with the area behind the red sofa?

yes i will be using 4ft fluorescent tubes attached to the side of the ceiling (kinda like cove lighting)

yes the worktop space is minimal. all my appliances are modular and mobile. the hob you see in the picture is actually not there :P show you more in 2-3 month's time.

as for the area behind the red sofa, i'm leaving it blank. i need some space to complete my 6000pc jigsaw puzzle :D

Edited by ossify

hope you checked out what the "extended warranty" covers for :) read the fine prints!

i won't be using much air-con since i have 5 ceiling fans so didn't want to get inverter :D

i will most likely be installing my aircon near the last stage, after my electrical is up. this is so that i can test the aircon and will ensure that minimal "renovation dust" clogging the aircon. after my aircon is up, i will do the flooring and my carpentry. It will be a good idea to discuss with your ID/contractor regarding this.

ya...we asked everything under the extended warranty...i think just to buy a 'safe guide' bahh...hubby feel 'more secure'.... :notti:

:yamseng: hi ossify, welcome to holland V neighborhood!

Invertor aircon is cost saving for heavy usage, eg whole day + mutliple units on.

For peace of mind, pls choose wider water pipe & thickest insulation. No regrets.

For me, I'll choose non-inv next time cos usage level too low.

If I on aircon, my neighbor will know & same likewise cos wall/flooring will sweat when it is very humid.

ya...we asked everything under the extended warranty...i think just to buy a 'safe guide' bahh...hubby feel 'more secure'.... :notti:

hope you have the official extended warranty document. hmm wonder if they will give you better installers if you buy extended warranty :D

:yamseng: hi ossify, welcome to holland V neighborhood!

Invertor aircon is cost saving for heavy usage, eg whole day + mutliple units on.

For peace of mind, pls choose wider water pipe & thickest insulation. No regrets.

For me, I'll choose non-inv next time cos usage level too low.

If I on aircon, my neighbor will know & same likewise cos wall/flooring will sweat when it is very humid.

the water pipe and insulation is the standard one, Natural Cool should have decent standards, haven't heard a single complaint about them so far.

hope you have the official extended warranty document. hmm wonder if they will give you better installers if you buy extended warranty :D

the water pipe and insulation is the standard one, Natural Cool should have decent standards, haven't heard a single complaint about them so far.

Hmmm~~~not sure leh but MIL bot air con from them two yr back as well....the service still ok lol....we decide on the extended warranty partial also becos if out of warranty liao...and they need to come n chk, per trip will cost $80 just for transportation lol...but again, if the air con can last us for 5yrs....that will be Wonderful lol....(i doubt so...hahahaahha) but hor...my parents hse, 10yrs+....still working very good...in good condition worrr.... :thumbs up: anyway....nowdays things esp technology things, will never last.... :bangwall:

Me @ 2 .. how abt u? I like our area .. very interesting place :drunk:

I'm looking into reno stuff again & soon next year will start another at a new place.

Yes, there's diff. I gotta "standard" stuff & 3 years later .. sweating problem occur.

Regret not checking carefully & asking for half inch. Most important is the thickness of the insulation.

Me @ 2 .. how abt u? I like our area .. very interesting place :drunk:

I'm looking into reno stuff again & soon next year will start another at a new place.

Yes, there's diff. I gotta "standard" stuff & 3 years later .. sweating problem occur.

Regret not checking carefully & asking for half inch. Most important is the thickness of the insulation.

me at 8 :D

who did you buy your aircon from and how often do you use it?

ooh,,,the fans look very chio woh.

where and more impt, $$??

:)

i was also looking for a flat in holland v......very good rental prospects next time, but so ex woh.

:P

and my hubby doesn't like 3i. oh well.

i love that area....very near my workplace. :)

ooh,,,the fans look very chio woh.

where and more impt, $$??

:)

i was also looking for a flat in holland v......very good rental prospects next time, but so ex woh.

:P

and my hubby doesn't like 3i. oh well.

i love that area....very near my workplace. :)

A Lighting Enterprise at geylang. $270 each

Where's your workplace?

Hi, I got from Allbest a Mit Inv 3 yrs ago.

Usage daily from 11 to 8 @ MBR. Corridor bedroom once/twice weekly.

Weekends evening maybe on living room for few hours.

I nvr on all units at one time. At most 2, having the inv is as good as nil :bangwall:

Sometimes very windy & fan is good enough :good:

Holland V is great esp if u're a foodie. I'm still learning to control :help:

Hi, I got from Allbest a Mit Inv 3 yrs ago.

Usage daily from 11 to 8 @ MBR. Corridor bedroom once/twice weekly.

Weekends evening maybe on living room for few hours.

I nvr on all units at one time. At most 2, having the inv is as good as nil :bangwall:

Sometimes very windy & fan is good enough :good:

Holland V is great esp if u're a foodie. I'm still learning to control :help:

I am getting from Natural Cool as I trust their installation. How long an aircon lasts depends on the installation. My usage is probably less than half of yours so hopefully it'll last for at least 10 yrs.

What food do you like there? I like cafe terrace 211 and mykii :D