Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
s8327011z

Hdb 4 Room Valuation At 490k?

I got a friend who bought a 4Rm A at Bishan. 2nd level, 107 sqm. And the valuation was 408k. Guess this is the market price for a 4rm in Bishan area and the higher level you go, the higher the valuation. This mean affordable? hoho... Dont be surprised a 4Rm can be valuated at 600k in 5 yrs time.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Having Browing through the Websites of Property Guru & Iproperty for the last 3 months,

I can see the prices of HDB flats have been placed highly and highly, almost ... unbelievably.

I am searching the category of 3 - bedrm and above:

Just roughly how I feel about all this:

Price for a 3 bedrm is now - commonly placed around 400K (Senja Road - Blk not even close to Bukit panjang Plaza 410K & COV 15K)

You will see HDBs priced at 600K or even 700K here (Yes, HDB - not Condo - very Affordable HDBs)

Choa Chu Kang HDBs (even far away from MRT, tagged at 400K - asking for COV 20K)

Toh Guan HDBs (Close to 500K, near to IMM, near to JE MRT, yes - at least more than 400m away - asking 20K COV)

Just saw one HDB at Iproperty, asking 600K, and still want 20K COV.

Haiz ....... ....... what a crazy world.

Edited by Sky_Ray

The ever-rising property prices is definitely a concerning issue. HDB was initially set up to provide affordable housing. I wouldn't say that its wrong for HDB properties to increase in value overtime so that owners can get some value out of it. But to pay 1/2 a million for a HDB flat sounds too expensive. Thats equivalent to private properties prices. Especially some sellers whom I have encountered during my house hunting obviously know that their renovation are not that fantasctic and they insisted on asking for 30K or 40K COV. Thick skin leh.

Already there are ppl out there struggling to pay off HDB mortagage loan. Imagine how our next generation can afford HDB flats.

Especially some sellers whom I have encountered during my house hunting obviously know that their renovation are not that fantasctic and they insisted on asking for 30K or 40K COV. Thick skin leh.

after i come across a low floor unit, non-lift level. original condition. asking 80k.

suddenly i feel those 30k to 40k skin not that champion

i dont get how valuer works..recently saw 2 unit..same floor...neighbor actually..1st hse value at 262k ok2..but terrazzo coming off....2nd hse tip top fully renovated..just bring my bag dont even need to paint...value at 265k...ha??

2nd hse the value is only 3k different...i guess the reno part dont play a part..funny think is the 1st hse asking for 35k non-nego but second hse asking for 30k only....

well never buy the 2nd hse as way above my budget....

finally bought a flat only 13k cov..value 245k.. :P

i dont get how valuer works..recently saw 2 unit..same floor...neighbor actually..1st hse value at 262k ok2..but terrazzo coming off....2nd hse tip top fully renovated..just bring my bag dont even need to paint...value at 265k...ha??

2nd hse the value is only 3k different...i guess the reno part dont play a part..funny think is the 1st hse asking for 35k non-nego but second hse asking for 30k only....

well never buy the 2nd hse as way above my budget....

finally bought a flat only 13k cov..value 245k.. :P

valuation only consider age of the unit, location, floor, etc

Reno is not 1 of the requirement

valuation only consider age of the unit, location, floor, etc

Reno is not 1 of the requirement

then if i plan not to stay long in the flat..i shld not reno?? i guess the cov is only for the reno...