Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Djorkaeff

Anybody Engage Id Note

any one can send me their quotation for a 4 rooms Hdb ?

i really need one.. getting key soon

very appreciate.. million thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi, I seriously pity your situation. Anyway you are not the only current owner I know who encountered the same situation as you. But no choice, you can refer to few posts above me, his ex-supporters are still widely advertising for him and im sure there will be more "victims".

Just curious, why you so fast make 90% payment to him, thought the payment is progressively ? Secondly why you let him start work without his basic design comes out ? Im quite sure he will delay your drawings till the last minute and end of the day you have no choice but to accept whatever he design..

Hope more "recent" owner will step up to give their review of Id Note, we are not here to flame him. I know that Henry do read the forum and hope he wake up his idea and start to do your reno soon. Renovation cost itself is a big amount and we pay for it and deserve a good job from them. A good contractor deserve our praise & recommendation and a lousy contractor must quickly be warn to others, that's the purpose of the renotalk forum.

Dear bros & sis, please do not think that I am "flaming" I.D. Note as I am just relating my own experience to all of you. Its to your individual preogative to decide whether you want to believe me or not. We first engage Henry as our contractor in early Feb as we think he is very flexible in his contracts for he keeps on assuring us that we have the freedom to engage other contractors at any point of time if we think he charges too much for certain jobs. Well, frankly speaking, we have been to over 10 contractors / IDs and Henry's quote is more or less on par with them. However, during our first meet-up with him, he appears to be so friendly and is so accomodating to our requirement, we think why not give the job to him.

Right now we realise this is simply not the case but since its a bit too late to find other IDs / contractors, we just have to "suck thumb" and hope that everything can turn out to be fine. :bow:

1) Its been already been one month and only the walls and the floor of the living room have been tiled and guess what? We had already paid 90% of the total cost of renovation! To make matters worse, we have been chasing him for the 3D drawings for many weeks and in the end he only manageed to show us 2 poorly design drawings of our master bed room and kitchen cabinet. I thought he should have planned for at least the toilets and living rooms?

We were thinking of making things easier for him and let him know our preferred designs. Therefore, we went to buy some home design magazines and even look through design books at the library and take lots of pictures before sending to him for reference. By right, a ID should do all these footwork for the clients and not the other way round, but then we just could not wait for his designs any more.

After 2 weeks later, we called Henry yesterday to check what is the status of the drawings? Do you know what he tell us? He told us we got send him anything meh? Wah lao eh.... :curse: Is he so busy with other projects to even check his email or our renovation project is simply not making him enough money? Notwithstanding that, we are meeting him later and show him the designs again. What a waste of our time.

2) We are shocked when we asked him to plan the lightings for our living room. As we only have a L-box, we requested him to plan a simple light plan for us so that we would roughly know how many downlights to buy. But guess what, he plans about 20 downlights at the L-box alone! (we got the soft copy if you want to see)

Does he want my whole living room to be a suana or a stadium? Normally IDs would cut down the no. of light points for their clients as too many downlights would make your whole living room warmer and at the same time it wastes electricity as well. However, this is the total opposite. And 1 light point is not cheap you know. It costs about 35 on average to fix a light point plus installation (excluding the cost of the bulb). So you can calculate how much I would have spent on the L-box alone! Totally impractical...sigh

3) Water pipes are bent instead of using proper connectors to connect pipes at right angles. Therefore, we can see many grooves at the inner portion of the bends. We are afraid that that would cause stress to the pipes and it might cause a leak in the long run....

4) We have been wanting to meet up with him after work man times to discuss more of our renovation, but he either did not reply or pick us his phone. That may explains why only minimum things are done after 1 month of renovation. If he is so busy, he should reject our work in the 1st place instead of delaying our project for so long. So unprofessional.

In conclusion, I do not know if there are more misfortunates we would encounter during the process of the renovation. Lets pray everything can proceed smoothly and to the other forumers out there, my advice to you is there are so many contractors / IDs out there who would want to do your business. If they are not interested, why bother wasting your time and efforts to ask them for quotations etc...

Cheers and God bless.

Hihi, I seriously pity your situation. Anyway you are not the only current owner I know who encountered the same situation as you. But no choice, you can refer to few posts above me, his ex-supporters are still widely advertising for him and im sure there will be more "victims".

Just curious, why you so fast make 90% payment to him, thought the payment is progressively ? Secondly why you let him start work without his basic design comes out ? Im quite sure he will delay your drawings till the last minute and end of the day you have no choice but to accept whatever he design..

Hope more "recent" owner will step up to give their review of Id Note, we are not here to flame him. I know that Henry do read the forum and hope he wake up his idea and start to do your reno soon. Renovation cost itself is a big amount and we pay for it and deserve a good job from them. A good contractor deserve our praise & recommendation and a lousy contractor must quickly be warn to others, that's the purpose of the renotalk forum.

Yes. Payment is progressive. Let me write down the terms and conditions that are stated in his contract.

1. 10% upon confirmation

2. 40% upon up lift of good after hacking

3. 40% upon completion of tiling / wet works

4. 10% upon project completed.

As such, after the tiling he had asked us for the 3rd payment. Even though we do not really agree with the progression of payment, what can we do? The T&Cs that are stated in the contract and we had signed on the dotted line. Actually, we do not mind paying up promptly as long as all the jobs are done professionally and with good workmanship.

Just to clarify, we actually did chase him for the drawings right at the start of the project, but he has not been prompt in his follow-up. Thats why we think its ok to let him proceed with the standard items like tiling, plumbing. Well I understand that some of you may have good experience with him while others dun. Well I guess we are the unlucky ones then...

Wow.. your clause no.3 is something I never notice before.. I check through several of my other contractor's quote, usually will write:

"3rd payment of 40% after 80% job completed" or "3rd payment of 40% after 90% job completed".

Thanks for highlighting everyone to warn others who are not yet sign with them.

Yes. Payment is progressive. Let me write down the terms and conditions that are stated in his contract.

1. 10% upon confirmation

2. 40% upon up lift of good after hacking

3. 40% upon completion of tiling / wet works

4. 10% upon project completed.

As such, after the tiling he had asked us for the 3rd payment. Even though we do not really agree with the progression of payment, what can we do? The T&Cs that are stated in the contract and we had signed on the dotted line. Actually, we do not mind paying up promptly as long as all the jobs are done professionally and with good workmanship.

Just to clarify, we actually did chase him for the drawings right at the start of the project, but he has not been prompt in his follow-up. Thats why we think its ok to let him proceed with the standard items like tiling, plumbing. Well I understand that some of you may have good experience with him while others dun. Well I guess we are the unlucky ones then...

Hi

I am a silent reader to this thread. All along I don’t feel the need to comment as I think it will make the matter even worse if I start to defend for Henry. There will be some funny jokers who are either Henry’s customers or someone who indeed been rejected by Henry ambushing this thread (just like the irritating umbrella lady waiting to summon car drivers) waiting for chances to pass funny or unwanted comments.

By posting, I will also invite unwanted trouble as I’m pretty sure someone will later comment that

1)I’m related to Henry

2)I worked for Henry

3)I’m Henry

4)Supersimon and friends78 is the same person or whatever.

Just to add, I don’t really care if Henry’s business will be good or not after my post. It is none of my business. I'm just sharing my views. So I will not be replying to this thread after this post cos it will be a waste of time arguing. I reply, people will say I'm defensive. I don't reply, people will say they are correct. No end to it so I will rest my case after this post. If you need have questions, please pm or post it in my T-blog. Thanks.

I signed up with Henry on 9 Jan 2011. My reno has just been completed yesterday. The terms and conditions are the same as mentioned in the above post. It was almost the same as my previous contractor so I have no problem with it. ID Note is a small scale reno company unlike those big ID firms. Henry needs to make payments to the respective sub cons be it the carpenter, tilers etc for the material cost before the commencement of work. Having said that, I would still agree that one has to be comfortable with the payment modes. If not, don't sign. He is not the only guy in S'pore doing reno, just move on and find one you like and comfortable with. It's as simple as that.

I only received my 3Ds on 24 Feb 2011, more than a mth after signing with him. Henry is a contractor not ID. He will recommend ideas and simple space planning and will only give you 3D on the carpentry work that you have confirmed with him. He won't provide 3Ds for the whole hse or plan theme or even select colours. You would have note that from my blog, there isn't any 3D on my dining area/common toilet/my baby's room. This is because I do not have any carpentry work done for this area. I hope this will set the expectation of Henry's potential customers. Please remember, he is a contractor. If you need intensive space planning or 'out of the box' showroom kind of design, please approach ID firm. Also, you would have note that there's a 3D on the study room in my T-blog that eventually did not materialize. It was because I found some ready-made furniture in vhive while shopping for misc items. Called Henry that I will not do the study room due to budget. He withdrew the two items (study table and wardrobe) from the quotation without questions.

Also, there's no such thing as the perfect contractor who will do things right at all times. Aiyoh, even parents/child and spouses also have differences and will quarrel, let alone a business contract. There will be bound to have minor hiccups along the way. Henry, in my opinion, is a good contractor who will do the right thing whenever there's problem. As long as the problems we reported are attended to and rectify, we are satisfied. All my little complaints like hollow tiles, uneven laminated flooring were attended to. Still pending are 2 issues which is the painting and the window panel which was broken during hacking. Throughout my reno journey, Henry is contactable. Even if he was unable to pick my call, he will reply the very next day. For info, I don't just call. I will also take photos and whatsApp him the photos.

The Electrician (Ah Liang) that Henry recommended is quite friendly and the cost is pretty standard. The cost of my rewiring and the points came out to be $3.5K. I had a shock initially upon receiving the quotation and was pretty sure that it was way too high. So I went on to PM two renotalk forum friends for their contacts and contacted the electricians for quotes. In the end, the quotations received were almost similar. I can’t comment whether Ah Liang is good or not as I have yet to move it. The real test will be when I start using my appliances. By the way, the sales person in Lighting.com and Citilights all laughed at the nos. of downlights that I will be having for my living room when I went to purchase my lights. Both commented too many. I have 25 downlights just for my living room (TV, dining and entrance) alone. But I went ahead. The end result is a just nice brightness for my TV and Entrance area. However, I still feel that my dining area which has 7 points a little too dim. Cos I bought 3.5 w LED downlights for the area.

Last and not least to those potential customers who have been turned down by Henry. I wld advise that you guys move on. No need to feel sore about it. It is indeed Henry's loss for not taking up your business. You guys are pretty vocal in the forum. Had he signed and done a good job with you guys, I pretty sure that you guys wld also put a good write-up for him. It wld be free advertising. But there are indeed many reasons that he cannot commit. Just treat it that you guys are not fated. Don't keep thinking about it and feel angry. No good for your health leh. Reno is a stressful event. The process requires a lot of decision making. Channel your energy in building your dream home. You have a more important task to complete.

I sincerely apologies if I have offended anyone by my above-mentioned post. Just sharing my views cos I have engaged Henry and my reno has just been completed. World peace, okie?

Edited by friends78

Yeah deneiza,

glad that henry read up the forum and start to take action. haha.. May you have a smooth journey ahead and no more hiccups. =)

[deleted]

Yeah deneiza,

glad that henry read up the forum and start to take action. haha.. May you have a smooth journey ahead and no more hiccups. =)

As usual as what happen to the other hse owners used him...only by posting here will get his attention to make thing start to work...

Hahaha i have sms him last week for his email and sent him my floor plan and ask for quotation. till now still waiting. He must have been a very busy man... waiting patiently i guess...

TerHan

Yeah deneiza,

Everyone move on . hope you too bro .

hope u find yr perfect contractor soon :)

Hi, I just realised they have moved from 888. I need either Henry or Michael's contact. Can someone send me? Urgent, thanks ! :(

Hi,

Can I check whether it's right to charge for haulage, dumping debris? Cos I remember reading in this forum this suppose to be free if its a resale flat? Pse correct if I'm wrong, thanks!

Hi

I am a silent reader to this thread. All along I don’t feel the need to comment as I think it will make the matter even worse if I start to defend for Henry. There will be some funny jokers who are either Henry’s customers or someone who indeed been rejected by Henry ambushing this thread (just like the irritating umbrella lady waiting to summon car drivers) waiting for chances to pass funny or unwanted comments.

By posting, I will also invite unwanted trouble as I’m pretty sure someone will later comment that

1)I’m related to Henry

2)I worked for Henry

3)I’m Henry

4)Supersimon and friends78 is the same person or whatever.

Just to add, I don’t really care if Henry’s business will be good or not after my post. It is none of my business. I'm just sharing my views. So I will not be replying to this thread after this post cos it will be a waste of time arguing. I reply, people will say I'm defensive. I don't reply, people will say they are correct. No end to it so I will rest my case after this post. If you need have questions, please pm or post it in my T-blog. Thanks.

I signed up with Henry on 9 Jan 2011. My reno has just been completed yesterday. The terms and conditions are the same as mentioned in the above post. It was almost the same as my previous contractor so I have no problem with it. ID Note is a small scale reno company unlike those big ID firms. Henry needs to make payments to the respective sub cons be it the carpenter, tilers etc for the material cost before the commencement of work. Having said that, I would still agree that one has to be comfortable with the payment modes. If not, don't sign. He is not the only guy in S'pore doing reno, just move on and find one you like and comfortable with. It's as simple as that.

I only received my 3Ds on 24 Feb 2011, more than a mth after signing with him. Henry is a contractor not ID. He will recommend ideas and simple space planning and will only give you 3D on the carpentry work that you have confirmed with him. He won't provide 3Ds for the whole hse or plan theme or even select colours. You would have note that from my blog, there isn't any 3D on my dining area/common toilet/my baby's room. This is because I do not have any carpentry work done for this area. I hope this will set the expectation of Henry's potential customers. Please remember, he is a contractor. If you need intensive space planning or 'out of the box' showroom kind of design, please approach ID firm. Also, you would have note that there's a 3D on the study room in my T-blog that eventually did not materialize. It was because I found some ready-made furniture in vhive while shopping for misc items. Called Henry that I will not do the study room due to budget. He withdrew the two items (study table and wardrobe) from the quotation without questions.

Also, there's no such thing as the perfect contractor who will do things right at all times. Aiyoh, even parents/child and spouses also have differences and will quarrel, let alone a business contract. There will be bound to have minor hiccups along the way. Henry, in my opinion, is a good contractor who will do the right thing whenever there's problem. As long as the problems we reported are attended to and rectify, we are satisfied. All my little complaints like hollow tiles, uneven laminated flooring were attended to. Still pending are 2 issues which is the painting and the window panel which was broken during hacking. Throughout my reno journey, Henry is contactable. Even if he was unable to pick my call, he will reply the very next day. For info, I don't just call. I will also take photos and whatsApp him the photos.

The Electrician (Ah Liang) that Henry recommended is quite friendly and the cost is pretty standard. The cost of my rewiring and the points came out to be $3.5K. I had a shock initially upon receiving the quotation and was pretty sure that it was way too high. So I went on to PM two renotalk forum friends for their contacts and contacted the electricians for quotes. In the end, the quotations received were almost similar. I can’t comment whether Ah Liang is good or not as I have yet to move it. The real test will be when I start using my appliances. By the way, the sales person in Lighting.com and Citilights all laughed at the nos. of downlights that I will be having for my living room when I went to purchase my lights. Both commented too many. I have 25 downlights just for my living room (TV, dining and entrance) alone. But I went ahead. The end result is a just nice brightness for my TV and Entrance area. However, I still feel that my dining area which has 7 points a little too dim. Cos I bought 3.5 w LED downlights for the area.

Last and not least to those potential customers who have been turned down by Henry. I wld advise that you guys move on. No need to feel sore about it. It is indeed Henry's loss for not taking up your business. You guys are pretty vocal in the forum. Had he signed and done a good job with you guys, I pretty sure that you guys wld also put a good write-up for him. It wld be free advertising. But there are indeed many reasons that he cannot commit. Just treat it that you guys are not fated. Don't keep thinking about it and feel angry. No good for your health leh. Reno is a stressful event. The process requires a lot of decision making. Channel your energy in building your dream home. You have a more important task to complete.

I sincerely apologies if I have offended anyone by my above-mentioned post. Just sharing my views cos I have engaged Henry and my reno has just been completed. World peace, okie?

Good for you.... Think your renovation process is really smooth sailing...

Now my neighbour downstairs complaint of water leaking... Im really worried my whole toilet tiles need to be hacked out again!

Then that will spoil/scratch many things in the process....

Already the kitchen basin i asked for undermount and he did a top mount for me....now removing everything and redo for me...

During the process of removing it, scratch my newly bought Bosch Washer, dont know his man did it or caesarstone man did it...

Heartache..

And his painters really sucky...they told my parents they are professional painters... haiz..after repainting it is worse than first time... the paint is patchy and lot of white patchy area without paint..

Then some of the paint get to the edge of my TV feature wall and wardrobe...

Then they just pour out the paint into the shower drainage hole...Dont know the hole will get clogged or not...

One of the window handle is spoilt and his man said I SWEAR I SAW IT WAS BROKEN WHEN I FIRST WENT UP TO YOUR FLAT BUT I FORGOT TO INFORM YOU...

I went up so many times and never notice it... There was a night i was standing there for 5-10 minutes and his aircond man showed me one alternative to install an aircond in that room is to

install those hanging on the window type if i dont want to see casing crossing my wall...and guess wat, i also didnt see it broken... maybe it was too dark, or i was too tired to see anything..

Now he promise to help me replace...but finding the part is a pain, he said no one selling the same part...haiz...

Now my wish is:

1. get the kitchen and top done probably

2. paint do properly

3. Fix the window handle

4. most importantly is fix the water leaking issue of my neighbour...... I dont wish to get pig head on my gate being a bad neighbour..

Pls pls pls......i want to move in soon..... Dont wish to get any more heart attack....

Desperate House Owner

Now my neighbour downstairs complaint of water leaking... Im really worried my whole toilet tiles need to be hacked out again!

Already the kitchen basin i asked for undermount and he did a top mount for me....now removing everything and redo for me...

During the process of removing it, scratch my newly bought Bosch Washer, dont know his man did it or caesarstone man did it...

Heartache..

And his painters really sucky...they told my parents they are professional painters... haiz..after repainting it is worse than first time... the paint is patchy and lot of white patchy area without paint..

Then they just pour out the paint into the shower drainage hole...Dont know the hole will get clogged or not...

One of the window handle is spoilt and his man said I SWEAR I SAW IT WAS BROKEN WHEN I FIRST WENT UP TO YOUR FLAT BUT I FORGOT TO INFORM YOU...

I went up so many times and never notice it... There was a night i was standing there for 5-10 minutes and his aircond man showed me one alternative to install an aircond in that room is to

install those hanging on the window type if i dont want to see casing crossing my wall...and guess wat, i also didnt see it broken... maybe it was too dark, or i was too tired to see anything..

Now he promise to help me replace...but finding the part is a pain, he said no one selling the same part...haiz...

Now my wish is:

2. paint do properly

3. Fix the window handle

4. most importantly is fix the water leaking issue of my neighbour...... I dont wish to get pig head on my gate being a bad neighbour..

Pls pls pls......i want to move in soon..... Dont wish to get any more heart attack....

Desperate House Owner

One more thing, before leaving my house, his painters told my mom that they are going to ask Henry to pay them more as they had done more than 1 colour for me...

Henry ah Henry, maybe you can drop them....last time when i was in Malaysia... i painted my whole house, and im sure my work is better than them....

Hi martin , got yr urgent pm last night , had help u to relay yr unhappiness to Henry already .

He had promise to supervisors yr paint Job this Friday and change another group of painter . I had ask him to drop this group of guys also , as I think not the 1st time we heard the painter not doing a good job.

For yr kitchen, I think no need to worry too much. Under the HDB rule, contractor need to hold full responsible if there is any leakage if found after renovation. This, he say he will go down to check also.

Just to clarified 1 thing.

Yr solid top is not done by Henry right , cos from what I understand , to decide on top or bottom mount , it's not on the cabinet itself but the cutting of solid top .

Hope yr work will turn out smoothly soon .

Heartache..

Now my wish is:

2. paint do properly

3. Fix the window handle

Desperate House Owner