Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Djorkaeff

Anybody Engage Id Note

hi forumers...

i'm new to renotalk and was wondering if anybody can help me out.

i've read alot about henry from ID Note.

Can i clarify if Henry is considered a contractor or an ID?

Typically i have been advise that contractors are cheaper compared to IDs.

But i was wondering if contractors can advise on things ID can normally advise (eg, recommendation of color schemes, design, etc).

i just bought a new place and really need some advise on interior designing.

thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Henry is a contractor. Period... :rolleyes:

On whether ID or contractor is cheaper, u need to do your homework and compare the prices around. A good source to start with will be the T-blogs section.

Henry is a contractor. Period... :rolleyes:

On whether ID or contractor is cheaper, u need to do your homework and compare the prices around. A good source to start with will be the T-blogs section.

Thanks friends78.

Can I know if Henry provides advise on things like color selection on tiles, design of kitchen cabinet, tv console, etc.

as a new home owner, of the of te biggest problems is tat we have too many ideas.

hence, sometimes all the difference ideas comes together resulting in a "rojak" house.

I need someone to advise me on what color goes well with another color, etc.

Thanks friends78.

Can I know if Henry provides advise on things like color selection on tiles, design of kitchen cabinet, tv console, etc.

as a new home owner, of the of te biggest problems is tat we have too many ideas.

hence, sometimes all the difference ideas comes together resulting in a "rojak" house.

I need someone to advise me on what color goes well with another color, etc.

Yes to the colour selection on tiles and in fact he will accompany you so that he can tell u whether u need to top up on the spot. For carpentry (kitchen cabinets, TV console, shoe cabinet wardrobe), he did provide the 3Ds which will more or less will show the designs. As for the colour of the carpentry, u will then decide during the selection of the laminates. He did not come along when I shopped for my furniture, lightings and sanitary wares. He is so busy..don't think he can spare the time too..In any case, he is the uncle type leh... I think I trust my judgement and my bro's better. Lol! Anyway, if u didn't go to his 'recommended' shops, also don't think he will follow... :sport-smiley-004:

Hi jabbox

Mine so far so good. No major hicupps yet. Two more weeks to go.

I don't find their tiling worksmanship good. Hopefully, they will rectify those lousy areas that I have highlighted.

hi BuyNow7,

so far we are quite satisfy with their tiling job done! Thumbs up! *cross fingers* everything will run smoothly...& sui sui too.. maybe too anxious over the nice hse that is forming under HIS hands...he really come up and rectify with his workers to make sure all the things are up to his standard....

enjoy your reno works ya!~

My bro have talked to Henry and seems to have made some concerns to him and have some basic understandings.

we will try to talk again and definitely hope to resolve any issues in a calm and peaceful manner and hope when the renovatio is done, we will be able to post a long lengthy positive review on Henry.

until then...

Edited by Zio

Hi Zio

My reno is handled by Henry's team and coming to an end soon. So far so good, no major mistake. I am quite happy.

ID Note is not a charitable organisation. Every single work he has to engage workers and buy materials to perform it. Of course he has to charge you.

Henry is a nice guy. Go and talk to him again la. No point changing contractor now.

I was recommended to Henry by Simon

Well, sorry to say I don't belong to one of those whom like his attitude and service.

his quotation is one of the cheapest, but he seems to charge every SINGLE thing after we add on later, things like change tap, change door knob, misc alot of other small small things he also Wana charge, and what made me v not satisfied is when we suggest things, he is like always say cannot be done, v hard to be done and when we strongly demand that we want it to be done, he say he check with his electrician

so far only tilling work done. I am strongly strongly considering changing contractor halfway now

Hi zio sorry to hear that . I believe there should be some misunderstanding and other then asking u to talk directly to henry and get thing sort out , there is nothing much I can advice .

But do note that for my case , I'm also ask to pay for whatever "upgrade" or last min extra "services" that I want suddenly after signing the paper which personally I find that it's reasonable .

Charging for Changing of door knob sound reasonable for me . I rather my contractor give me a fair and cheap quote and let me decided if I want to add in anything extra (with extra payment of cos) then to quote me high high and use the high profit to give me some "free" stuff and make me me happy .

At the end of the day , u need to weight which one u prefer more.

For thing he doesn't want to do for u , it might be either violating the rule and regulation or not very "useful" for him. Which contractor doesn't want customer to do more and pay more ? To him maybe he just want to help U save some money.

Hope I am not writing too much again Cheer :)

My bro have talked to Henry and seems to have made some concerns to him and have some basic understandings.

we will try to talk again and definitely hope to resolve any issues in a calm and peaceful manner and hope when the renovatio is done, we will be able to post a long lengthy positive review on Henry.

until then...

My bro will talk to Henry again and try to solve any issues/concerns.

Hi jabbox

Mine completed too. Moved in 2 weeks ago. But errors here and there. Still rectifying. One item was overcharged which I had discovered early this week. Pending their explanation.

Please don't get me wrong. All of us make mistakes. The important thing is that Henry will rectify and make good asap.

His team is coming to my place this weekend for some touch-ups. Will keep you posted.

NeoBY >> are you engaging Henry to reno your 5 rm flat? If yes, go for it! He is a honest man.

I have no time to start a t-blog but I don't mind sharing some of my reno experiences with u. Let me know.