Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Djorkaeff

Anybody Engage Id Note

Hi,

Can I check whether it's right to charge for haulage, dumping debris? Cos I remember reading in this forum this suppose to be free if its a resale flat? Pse correct if I'm wrong, thanks!

I rem some contractor give it FOC , some charge.

I know Henry charge . This is his policy i guess.

At the end of the day , it's either they give U FOC but overall more expensive or charge u but overall charge cheaper, you got to weight it .

Example .

contractor 1 give u item A cheap , Item B expensive

Then contractor 2 give u item A expensive but item B cheap.

It's up to individual bargaining skill to get the best out of all quote. I try to ask him don’t charge 2 yrs back . But I fail :( …. Try again for my sis quote …. But even we so buddy buddy liao …. I fail again … lol ….

His reason “ Simon u know I charge this one leh” Lets see if you can create a history …. lol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi martin , got yr urgent pm last night , had help u to relay yr unhappiness to Henry already .

He had promise to supervisors yr paint Job this Friday and change another group of painter . I had ask him to drop this group of guys also , as I think not the 1st time we heard the painter not doing a good job.

For yr kitchen, I think no need to worry too much. Under the HDB rule, contractor need to hold full responsible if there is any leakage if found after renovation. This, he say he will go down to check also.

Just to clarified 1 thing.

Yr solid top is not done by Henry right , cos from what I understand , to decide on top or bottom mount , it's not on the cabinet itself but the cutting of solid top .

Hope yr work will turn out smoothly soon .

also on the kitchen sink purchased. top mount and under mount sinks are different if i remember correctly. so when buying sink, must tell the shop you want the sink for under mount.

i was about to comment that bro Simon has his fair share of experience with bad painters haha... oops :P

my downstairs neighbour also complained about the toilet ceiling. very common for resale flats... just do a search in renotalk and you can see so many threads talking about this. Contractor will settle everything.

I rem some contractor give it FOC , some charge.

I know Henry charge . This is his policy i guess.

At the end of the day , it's either they give U FOC but overall more expensive or charge u but overall charge cheaper, you got to weight it .

Example .

contractor 1 give u item A cheap , Item B expensive

Then contractor 2 give u item A expensive but item B cheap.

It's up to individual bargaining skill to get the best out of all quote. I try to ask him don’t charge 2 yrs back . But I fail :( …. Try again for my sis quote …. But even we so buddy buddy liao …. I fail again … lol ….

His reason “ Simon u know I charge this one leh” Lets see if you can create a history …. lol

if you get more than one quote you will have the answer already. for haulage and debris clearing, i got quote ranging from $0 to $900~ Henry's one is somewhere in the middle LOL... i just give it to him lor cos overall price is reasonable, no point to argue over this item... His men also spend time to clear the debris and they are paid for their time.

if i remember correctly, asking town council to clear, it's $240 per trip or something like that... different town council apparently got different rate, but not sure if all town council got this kind of service or not. if the town council doesn't provide, then you gotta pay the contractor for haulage...

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/...al?OpenDocument

Edited by marshmallow

did your neighbour contact HDB on the leakage? HDB will issue a letter to the contractor and ask him to rectify.

btw, the analogy with rape is too extreme la... i am just trying to tell you that this is not a new problem and there are many ways you can make sure the problem gets rectify, with some reference from experience from fellow forumers.

there can be many hiccups in reno, important thing is how to solve the problems with the best way. getting frustrated and angry doesn't get things moving.

Edited by marshmallow

did your neighbour contact HDB on the leakage? HDB will issue a letter to the contractor and ask him to rectify.

btw, the analogy with rape is too extreme la... i am just trying to tell you that this is not a new problem and there are many ways you can make sure the problem gets rectify, with some reference from experience from fellow forumers.

there can be many hiccups in reno, important thing is how to solve the problems with the best way. getting frustrated and angry doesn't get things moving.

HDB officer came and i called, no outcome yet.. I will go down to my neighbour house soneday next week to check if everything is ok before paying him my last payment.

HDB officer came and i called, no outcome yet.. I will go down to my neighbour house soneday next week to check if everything is ok before paying him my last payment.

on the ceiling: HDB will write on the letter on their judgement on whether the leakage is caused by renovation work (most likely it will be). then in the letter they will instruct clearly to the contractor to rectify.

as for other items, mistakes have already been made, no way we can turn the clock back, but he has already acknowledged the problems and he is taking action to rectify it. this is the most important thing you should focus on now :)

So it is ok if your family members get raped as we read it everyday in papers, so it is ok.. Im not being unreasonable here.

Next time your family members get raped, it is ok too since other people was a victim too.

I demand a apology from you to marshmallow . I don’t think it’s right and very RUDE for you to vent yr anger on her and quote example using her family member and stuff like “rape”. Marsh is just trying to give her view and her experience. It’s not correct to say this.

Everyone trying to help here . You send me a pm and I help you to relay yr msg to Henry. This is the very best we can help here.

If you are unhappy you can go shout at henry or anything BUT not at anyone of us here as we DO YOU NO WRONG.

Edited by Supersimon27

Hi Martin,

glad that you speak up in the forum to inform others. I'm sad that your situation have come into this stage and never improve. I guess what you can do now is to hold his payment till he rectify all the issues including the water leakage problem since it is detect now at this early stage. Anyway cool down don't be so angry, it has proven before Henry do read the forums and will rectify them after see your problems. But feel kindof surprise big bro Supersimon need to step in to inform Henry of the situation when we have mobile phones nowadays unless Henry don't pickup your call..

Cool down k.. =l

Good for you.... Think your renovation process is really smooth sailing...

Now my neighbour downstairs complaint of water leaking... Im really worried my whole toilet tiles need to be hacked out again!

Then that will spoil/scratch many things in the process....

Already the kitchen basin i asked for undermount and he did a top mount for me....now removing everything and redo for me...

During the process of removing it, scratch my newly bought Bosch Washer, dont know his man did it or caesarstone man did it...

Heartache..

And his painters really sucky...they told my parents they are professional painters... haiz..after repainting it is worse than first time... the paint is patchy and lot of white patchy area without paint..

Then some of the paint get to the edge of my TV feature wall and wardrobe...

Then they just pour out the paint into the shower drainage hole...Dont know the hole will get clogged or not...

One of the window handle is spoilt and his man said I SWEAR I SAW IT WAS BROKEN WHEN I FIRST WENT UP TO YOUR FLAT BUT I FORGOT TO INFORM YOU...

I went up so many times and never notice it... There was a night i was standing there for 5-10 minutes and his aircond man showed me one alternative to install an aircond in that room is to

install those hanging on the window type if i dont want to see casing crossing my wall...and guess wat, i also didnt see it broken... maybe it was too dark, or i was too tired to see anything..

Now he promise to help me replace...but finding the part is a pain, he said no one selling the same part...haiz...

Now my wish is:

1. get the kitchen and top done probably

2. paint do properly

3. Fix the window handle

4. most importantly is fix the water leaking issue of my neighbour...... I dont wish to get pig head on my gate being a bad neighbour..

Pls pls pls......i want to move in soon..... Dont wish to get any more heart attack....

Desperate House Owner

For your info, my flat is 5-6 years resale. So what you mean is water leaking is a common issue so it is ok since many complaint about that in forum too. So it is ok if your family members get raped as we read it everyday in papers, so it is ok.. Im not being unreasonable here. How can they make sure neighbour below wont complaint again in the next 6 months? What are they going to do?? Can i delay my last payment till 6 months later?

And, since Simon also complaint about the painter ladt time, so its ok to have the same problem again. Next time your family members get raped, it is ok too since other people was a victim too.

Martin, sorry if you think i am being kay poh here. I don't engage ID note or Henry but i also have my share of problems with my contractor. Things like error in submitting form to HDB making the hacking delayed, no 3D drawing even though was promised, seater in master bedroom toilet was smaller than what i wanted etc etc. So if you are not happy, then just go tell Henry off!!

By screaming and shouting at marshmallow or supersimon27 are of no use!!! They didn't recommend Henry to you and me being friends to both of them, i find that you are very rude. You do not know them personally, why you must say words like "family members being raped"!!! I hope you will take back those words

First of all, which threads of mine suggest SHOUTING at Simon and Marsh here? And which thread of mine directed to marsh and her family members and any quote of her included in my thread? I simply used an analogy, and water leaking is a serious issue which i think is as serious as rape. Simon, i thank u for your help. The PM to u is not a message to seek help urgently but rather to tell u that he might be good last time but people do change over time. And why are u and daydream so worked out by this?? If both of you are so disturbed by what i said, im sorry. Marsh im sorry too and im taking down the thread. Marsh wasnt unhappy about it too and im sure she knows wat was written wadnt directed to her and it was simply an analogy. If calling him and shouting at him

will expediate all the works then i wont write here. You think tuping such long msg with iphone is fun??? You guys are in deed shouting at me with red bold fonts. Whatever you guys think of me, rude or not rude.. Im going to share more here if things are not dine properly for the benefits if all potential house owners.

First of all, which threads of mine suggest SHOUTING at Simon and Marsh here? And which thread of mine directed to marsh and her family members and any quote of her included in my thread? I simply used an analogy, and water leaking is a serious issue which i think is as serious as rape. Simon, i thank u for your help. The PM to u is not a message to seek help urgently but rather to tell u that he might be good last time but people do change over time. And why are u and daydream so worked out by this?? If both of you are so disturbed by what i said, im sorry. Marsh im sorry too and im taking down the thread. Marsh wasnt unhappy about it too and im sure she knows wat was written wadnt directed to her and it was simply an analogy. If calling him and shouting at him

will expediate all the works then i wont write here. You think tuping such long msg with iphone is fun??? You guys are in deed shouting at me with red bold fonts. Whatever you guys think of me, rude or not rude.. Im going to share more here if things are not dine properly for the benefits if all potential house owners.

Of course you are free to share more here.... as long as you are not directing other forummers. Since you took it down, then i guess all are well.

go ahead and complaint abt Henry if you want, i am sure other forummers would appreciate it so that they might not get into the same problem as you are.

I had toilet leakage from the unit above me. But we settle everything with hdb and there wasn't any issues. so it might not be as bad as you imagine it.

Martin, i wasn't happy of course, whether it was directed to me or not, it was a really bad one… but i thought it already shed a bad enough light on you, no need to say further. anyway, apologies accepted~

and, thanks a lot to simon and may. i know you two are kancheong for your fren…. hugz~

bro, it's important that if anything happens, you can talk to him in a calm manner. if you are talking to him like how you express yourself here, i'm sure not only him, any other contractor, will also be unhappy.

direct the focus on what went wrong and how to solve it. instead of going "why you made this mistake" etc and getting emotional, you can ask him "how can we solve this problem in the best way". this is not only true in reno, but in all aspect of your life, when you encounter any issues.

anyway, as i said, from what you mentioned, things have been moving with regards to rectification, and this is surely a positive sign. no one is perfect, mistake bounds to happen from time to time. what's important is, mistakes are rectified to satisfaction.

stay calm, our reno was also our first reno, everyone learns along the way. good luck :)

Hi,

Just received a private msg from poor Martins and asked for my help. dunno why he choose me, haha.. He have been bann from forum for 1 month maybe 1 of you guys must have complaint him to the moderators. Haha, you guys are so powerful and scary.. =P Anyway spare him la, he is so poor thing already & apologise and just showing his grievances for meeting a lousy contractor. But for what I have known, alot of things happened and Henry play "taichi" to push away the responsibilities thats why he is so piss. Anyway it is also good, no one will complaint you guys beloved Henry contractor anymore for this 1 month.

Lastly 1) I'm not related to Martins in anyway

2) I have already since moved on

3) Pls don't complaint me too~~, world peace !! =P

Hi,

Just received a private msg from poor Martins and asked for my help. dunno why he choose me, haha.. He have been bann from forum for 1 month maybe 1 of you guys must have complaint him to the moderators. Haha, you guys are so powerful and scary.. =P Anyway spare him la, he is so poor thing already & apologise and just showing his grievances for meeting a lousy contractor. But for what I have known, alot of things happened and Henry play "taichi" to push away the responsibilities thats why he is so piss. Anyway it is also good, no one will complaint you guys beloved Henry contractor anymore for this 1 month.

Lastly 1) I'm not related to Martins in anyway

2) I have already since moved on

3) Pls don't complaint me too~~, world peace !! =P

I don't think anyone did complain to moderator. Maybe they read his post with the word "rape". Anyway, apologies accepted. I know how frustrating especially after paying so much money still have so many problems. If it's me, I will be super upset too. Just that he using an example that doesn't sound nice at all. After all, "rape" always sound rude to when talking to a woman. Hope he will be more sensitive on his choice of words.

Like I said earlier, I don't know who is Henry and I don't care. My concern is for my friend, marshy. We are all trying to share our experience here. I am sure a lot of other forummers would appreciate his bad experience with Henry to serve as a warning.

I am glad you moved on.... Hope your next Reno will be a better one.