Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dean

Can Sink Next To Stove Within Some Gap

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
if build a L Shape kitchen cabinet, can sink next to stove with some gap allowance or can at L shape area?

两水夹一火

厨房中的炉灶不可与水太接近,炉灶和洗碗盆之间也要留一块缓冲地带,尤其要避免两水夹一火,比如炉灶夹在洗碗盆和洗衣机之间,两水克一火,将造成虚耗大患,对家人的健康极其有害。

两水夹一火

厨房中的炉灶不可与水太接近,炉灶和洗碗盆之间也要留一块缓冲地带,尤其要避免两水夹一火,比如炉灶夹在洗碗盆和洗衣机之间,两水克一火,将造成虚耗大患,对家人的健康极其有害。

can translate in english. i seldom cooking cos i know how to cook instant noodle and deep french fries.

if build a L shape kitchen where the short portion is sink and long portion is stove, it is okay right.

Hi felixwong,

I pm you my floorplan. see link

From what I understand, if the stove and sink is too close, people in the household tend to fall sick, especially the lady owner.

If I'm not wrong a 60cm gap should be sufficient. My last flat, my the distance between the 2 was about 45cm, my FS say no wonder i kept falling sick.

So this time round, I really put the sink "far far" away. =)

From what I understand, if the stove and sink is too close, people in the household tend to fall sick, especially the lady owner.

If I'm not wrong a 60cm gap should be sufficient. My last flat, my the distance between the 2 was about 45cm, my FS say no wonder i kept falling sick.

So this time round, I really put the sink "far far" away. =)

thanks for advice.

this ID i meet up, telling me to build Long bottom Cabinet without Upper Top cabinet then he suggested sink and stove is next to each other. I told him cannot.

Hi Shingirl,

It depends on the layout of your house.

If it is too close, a way that I would always recommend my clients would be to create a L shaped kitchen cabinet so that I can creat more space between the sink and the stove. Do make sure that the stove is not facing the kitchen door and not in the North West location of the kitchen.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

felix.wong@deArtofLiving.com

my kitchen is very small............. the maximum spave i have between the sink and the stove is 1 feet. is it ok?

Hi Shingirl,

It depends on the layout of your house.

If it is too close, a way that I would always recommend my clients would be to create a L shaped kitchen cabinet so that I can creat more space between the sink and the stove. Do make sure that the stove is not facing the kitchen door and not in the North West location of the kitchen.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Felix Wong

can you tell me how to see North West? u saw my floorplan 1.jpg i pm u or email u.

Hi Dean,

You would need a compass or a device that is able to tell you the magnetic north. That would determine the sector your kitchen is in and where your stove should or should not be.

Thank you.

Felix Wong.

can you tell me how to see North West? u saw my floorplan 1.jpg i pm u or email u.

Hi Dean,

You would need a compass or a device that is able to tell you the magnetic north. That would determine the sector your kitchen is in and where your stove should or should not be.

Thank you.

Felix Wong.

Thanks for advice. I will put stove, but seldom cooking or may be no cooking. Is it okay to construct a long 8FT full height with 2inch width Cabinet act as storeroom because my house no storeroom

kitchen

Edited by dean

Thanks for advice. I will put stove, but seldom cooking or may be no cooking. Is it okay to construct a long 8FT full height with 2inch width Cabinet act as storeroom because my house no storeroom

kitchen

Hi Dean,

It seems like your stove is just beside your kitchen sink.

Is that the current location of the stove? Are you going to discard the current stove and put it closer to the entrance of the kitchen door?

It should not be a problem to reconstruct a 8ft tall cabinet all the way from the floor up to the ceiling BUT then again, my advise is only based on the picture that you have posted and not on proper on site surveyance. Please take my advice as a general guide as there's no proper readings of the house facing and seating.

Hope this helps.

Edited by felixwong

Hi Dean,

It seems like your stove is just beside your kitchen sink.

Is that the current location of the stove? Are you going to discard the current stove and put it closer to the entrance of the kitchen door?

It should not be a problem to reconstruct a 8ft tall cabinet all the way from the floor up to the ceiling BUT then again, my advise is only based on the picture that you have posted and not on proper on site surveyance. Please take my advice as a general guide as there's no proper readings of the house facing and seating.

Hope this helps.

THe picture you seen is before reno. Current vacant flat. Discard all kitchen cabinet, hack sink, basin for reno. I am looking for reno work. I might consider your service.

THe picture you seen is before reno. Current vacant flat. Discard all kitchen cabinet, hack sink, basin for reno. I am looking for reno work. I might consider your service.

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your consideration to engage me as a Fengshui Consultant.

If you need an Interior Designer, I do have contacts that you might want to get from me thru PM.

Thank you.

Edited by felixwong

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your consideration to engage me as a Fengshui Consultant.

If you need an Interior Designer, I do have contacts that you might want to get from me thru PM.

Thank you.

I am a Web Designer / Application Engineer. Spore got so many ID Reno company. I am non typical chinese person who don't pray and not superstitious.