Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
just4this

Is Stove Facing The Windows A Issue?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi to all,

does any one know if stove facing the windows a issue?

thks

Hi

I read in 八宅明镜 or others that stove face door and stove face window is an issue. Well, I don't know how true.

Any remedy to it?

You may need to get a fsm to relocate the stove for you. Who knows maybe its acceptable. Every situation is different. Nobody can suggest any solution for you because didn't see your house.

hahaha

im not a fsm(there are no masters, only Grandmasters) but i dont mind coming down to help you take a look at the location of the stove...

:)

You may need to get a fsm to relocate the stove for you. Who knows maybe its acceptable. Every situation is different. Nobody can suggest any solution for you because didn't see your house.
Edited by felixwong

I think something to do with the lady's wealth and health? If the stove is facing the window.... Not too sure..but better check with FSM?

But, I did heard before, if there is no opposite block flats or side flats that can see the stove....is fine.

Hi,

What I have heard is..

It might be too 'windy' for any cooking. i.e. heat get dissipate away, affecting the cooking. Or might cause 'gas leak' if it get too windy during cooking. (pardon my lousy expression. )

I think this is quite a scientific reasoning.

And if you choose to close the windows during cooking, your whole house will smell. :D

Another thing I heard is..

Stove should be kept away from public viewing. i.e. if it is facing the windows, others that live near you or walk pass your kitchen, might be able to see it.

As for reasoning, stove is the place you cook your meal. Food = your wealth. Not to be seen by others.

Correct or not, I'm really not sure. Just sharing only. :)

Cheers!

I think something to do with the lady's wealth and health? If the stove is facing the window.... Not too sure..but better check with FSM?

But, I did heard before, if there is no opposite block flats or side flats that can see the stove....is fine.

Its more to the health of the family. especially the "head".

Hi,

What I have heard is..

It might be too 'windy' for any cooking. i.e. heat get dissipate away, affecting the cooking. Or might cause 'gas leak' if it get too windy during cooking. (pardon my lousy expression. )

I think this is quite a scientific reasoning.

And if you choose to close the windows during cooking, your whole house will smell. :D

Another thing I heard is..

Stove should be kept away from public viewing. i.e. if it is facing the windows, others that live near you or walk pass your kitchen, might be able to see it.

As for reasoning, stove is the place you cook your meal. Food = your wealth. Not to be seen by others.

Correct or not, I'm really not sure. Just sharing only. :)

Cheers!

BINGO....

and juz my 2 cents worth, below are 2 more points to note..

1. stove must be away from the wash basin, coz " shui huo bu xiang rong" (fire and water will crash)

2. if ur stove is opposite toilet door, please close the toilet door at all time, obvious reason right? haha

cheers!

can advise me stove and basin if i build a L shape kitchen cabinet top or long kitchen cabinet top

can stove and basin few gap allowance? can anyone help me.

felixwong can help?.

Edited by dean

Hi to all,

thks

is a great issue in ancient china but not great issue in modern singapore....

wind from window blowing at wood litted fire is a fire hazard. modern singapore uses electric or gas stove and our closely built HDB means wind is not that strong.

Hi dean,

A few things you might want to take note when you are arranging your stove.

1. Dont place the stove in a position when someone is cooking, the door to the kitchen is directly behind your back.

2. Stove preferably not beside the sink, but if there's no choice, at least leave abt 3 feet distance. I assume your kitchen is rectangular in shape that's why you are looking at doing a L shape kitchen cabinet. I would suggest you put the sink in the short portion. and the stove in the longer portion.

3. Stove position to be out of the NW sector of the kitchen, which represents the 天门 and also the father/head of the house. This point is actually the most important. If placed in the north west sector, its as good as BURNING the head of the house.

If you want, you can PM me with your floorplan and I can probably give you more advises on your flat.

Thank you.

Felix Wong.

can advise me stove and basin if i build a L shape kitchen cabinet top or long kitchen cabinet top

can stove and basin few gap allowance? can anyone help me.

felixwong can help?.

Edited by felixwong

Hi to all,

thks

风:传统的风水应讲求“藏风聚气”,故此最忌风吹,而厨房的炉灶尤其忌风。

风水学认为炉灶正对门口,以及灶后有窗皆不吉,主要是因为担心炉灶被门外的风吹扰,撇开风水不谈,单从家居安全来说,炉灶实在是不宜正对门口或靠近窗口的。因为煤气炉和石油气炉给吹熄,便会泄漏石油液化气,是很危险的。

Hi dean,

A few things you might want to take note when you are arranging your stove.

1. Dont place the stove in a position when someone is cooking, the door to the kitchen is directly behind your back.

2. Stove preferably not beside the sink, but if there's no choice, at least leave abt 3 feet distance. I assume your kitchen is rectangular in shape that's why you are looking at doing a L shape kitchen cabinet. I would suggest you put the sink in the short portion. and the stove in the longer portion.

3. Stove position to be out of the NW sector of the kitchen, which represents the 天门 and also the father/head of the house. This point is actually the most important. If placed in the north west sector, its as good as BURNING the head of the house.

If you want, you can PM me with your floorplan and I can probably give you more advises on your flat.

Thank you.

Felix Wong.

Hi Felix Wong,

Any reasons why the sink in the short portion and the stove in the longer portion?? Mine happens to be the other way round.

By the way, is my fridge too near to the stove?? It's abt 0.5m away and I have put a board to separate them... :)

Kitchen_Cabinet01.jpg

Hi Homemaster,

Sorry to have caused you stress while reading my posting.

Actually putting it on either sides of the solid top would be fine. BUT from the many houses that I have Fengshui-ed so far, most of the new HDB flats have the short portion of the solid top destinated as the water area of the kitchen. So placing the sink on the short portion would make the sink and the washer side by side.

No need to put it on the short portion... just my discovery made on the new HDBs flats designed in Singapore.

Thank you.

Felix Wong.

felix.wong@deArtofLiving.com

Hi Felix Wong,

Any reasons why the sink in the short portion and the stove in the longer portion?? Mine happens to be the other way round.

By the way, is my fridge too near to the stove?? It's abt 0.5m away and I have put a board to separate them... :)

Kitchen_Cabinet01.jpg