Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tantc

Plastic Lumber

hi,

anyone heard of this before ?

can't find anyone selling it in Singapore....

maybe's a good 'go green' alternative ...... use this instead of normal wood... although I'm not sure costing wise, what's the impact... might be expensive..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i havent seen this one but "a good go green alternative"? plastic is not environmental friendly... id rather choose bamboo poles.

i havent seen this one but "a good go green alternative"? plastic is not environmental friendly... id rather choose bamboo poles.

plastic is only environmental unfriendly if you throw them away as rubbish..... because they do not decompose.....

as a building material, they last forever and do not require replacement, save trees, that's the logic at least as presented by them.

I read that they are done by taking old wood (e.g. furniture etc), reduce them to wood chip, and the plastic is used as a binding material.....

works like planks and beams, but no additional trees are cut down.

alternatively, I did see bamboo being used in material like surf board and skateboard...

however, wondering if they are able to be molded to standard planks and beams that we use in woodwork.

I'm thinking..... DIY shops like Selfix, sells the tools, but do not sell the material.... why ? I think DIY fan, are more likely to buy in to 'go green' than professional cabinet contractor..... it's the perfect compliment product.... I think they only want to push products fast... and dun wanna waste time selling material, too much customer service involved.