Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jomon101

Need Comments About This Quotation

Hi All,

Below is the quotation i received from an ID. I really need everyones help to know whether the quotation is reasonable.

TOILET

1-a) Wall tiles up to ceiling heights $1,700.00

1-b) Floor tiles with waterproofing $1,100.00

1-c) Hacking of 2 toilets $1,000.00

1-d) Replace new expose piping $550.00

1-e) Purchase and install the following:

2 units of toilet bowl $550.00

2 units of handwash sink $360.00

2 units of spray rinser with stop cock $100.00

2 untis of aluminium adnoin bifold door with acrylic panel $360.00

2 units of unstant heater with shower set $420.00

2 units of 2 way tap $80.00

2 units of handwash basin tap $80.00

2 units of toilet accessories $120.00

1-f) Uplifting of goods and material $180.00

kitchen

Rebuilt kitchen cabinets and flooring

One unit of top and bottom laminate at the kitchen cabinet : For area A. 1- 8 $2,970.00

For area B. 2 - 7

2-a) Cabinet base for : Area A $280.00

Area B

2-b) Hack off kitchen flooring $220.00

2-c) Waterproofing works $150.00

2-d) Laying of kitchen flooring $850.00

Build - in cabinet

3-a) Master Bedroom - 2.2m. x 4/height $1,450.00

3-b) Bedroom 2 - 1.7m x flr height $1,120.00

3-c) Bedroom 3 - 1.7m x flr height $1,120.00

Built cabinet under the windows of the bedrooms

4-a) Master Bedroom - 2300L

4-b) Bedroom 2 - 2000L

4-c) Bedroom 3 - 2000L $3,260.00

4-d) Study - 3600

Rebuilt study room with sliding door and inbuilt cabinet together ith table

5-a) Rebuilt study room with sliding door with temper glass come with top hang glass $1,650.00

5-b) One unit of study table (1700L) with cabinet (1 -5m) $1,750.00

TV console in lamination at the Living room (2.4) $800.00

6-a) Wall paper for the living area (280) $1,300.00

6-b) Feature wall at the living room $1,400.00

7-a) Main balcony door to remove $120.00

7-b) Main balcony door to make good $180.00

7-c) Topping up main balcony floor with polyster foam $250.00

7-d Relay new balcony flooring $380.00

8. Installation of 4 units of wooden door frame

3 Bedrooms $600.00

1 store room $200.00

9. Full house wiring $3,048.00

10-a) Repair for the whole house $1,250.00

10-b) Polishing of whole house marble $1,300.00

Aircon

11-a) system 3 inverter (toshiba) $2,650.00

11-b) system 1 non inverter (panasonic) $1,550.00

11-c) stainless steel bracket $2,20.00

11-d) subject to HDB requirement

12-a) Hand wash basin with re-routing of inlet and outlet piping $450.00

13) Acid Washing $280.00

Grand total $39,388.00

I require your valuable inputs on each pricing....

Edited by jomon101

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

[bro, your quotation is kind of confusing especially on the kitchen part, what's with area A and area B?

Why don't u ask your ID to give eg:

1) How much is built-in ward rode at bed room in $/pfr? eg $200/pfr, 7ft ward rode will cost u 1400

2) How much is kitchen cabinet $/pfr?

3) How much is TV feature wall(full height) $/pfr?

Edited by chronograph

Fren, your quotation split until like that a bit complicated....

y not u go for those package type, price more reasonable...

You can find those kitchen & bathroom package.

I got a fren doing contractor job, mayb can offer you better price.

He is a very experienced ID cum Contractor.

He have HDB licence to do renovation for your house.

Workmanship very good, also provide many good ideas and information.

Confirm cheapest and best in town.

No harm to ask for quote. i mean do ask many quotes from many id firms before making decision.

I have PM you his contact..

Hi All,

Below is the quotation i received from an ID. I really need everyones help to know whether the quotation is reasonable.

TOILET

1-a) Wall tiles up to ceiling heights $1,700.00

1-b) Floor tiles with waterproofing $1,100.00

1-c) Hacking of 2 toilets $1,000.00

1-d) Replace new expose piping $550.00

1-e) Purchase and install the following:

2 units of toilet bowl $550.00

2 units of handwash sink $360.00

2 units of spray rinser with stop cock $100.00

2 untis of aluminium adnoin bifold door with acrylic panel $360.00

2 units of unstant heater with shower set $420.00

2 units of 2 way tap $80.00

2 units of handwash basin tap $80.00

2 units of toilet accessories $120.00

1-f) Uplifting of goods and material $180.00

kitchen

Rebuilt kitchen cabinets and flooring

One unit of top and bottom laminate at the kitchen cabinet : For area A. 1- 8 $2,970.00

For area B. 2 - 7

2-a) Cabinet base for : Area A $280.00

Area B

2-b) Hack off kitchen flooring $220.00

2-c) Waterproofing works $150.00

2-d) Laying of kitchen flooring $850.00

Build - in cabinet

3-a) Master Bedroom - 2.2m. x 4/height $1,450.00

3-b) Bedroom 2 - 1.7m x flr height $1,120.00

3-c) Bedroom 3 - 1.7m x flr height $1,120.00

Built cabinet under the windows of the bedrooms

4-a) Master Bedroom - 2300L

4-b) Bedroom 2 - 2000L

4-c) Bedroom 3 - 2000L $3,260.00

4-d) Study - 3600

Rebuilt study room with sliding door and inbuilt cabinet together ith table

5-a) Rebuilt study room with sliding door with temper glass come with top hang glass $1,650.00

5-b) One unit of study table (1700L) with cabinet (1 -5m) $1,750.00

TV console in lamination at the Living room (2.4) $800.00

6-a) Wall paper for the living area (280) $1,300.00

6-b) Feature wall at the living room $1,400.00

7-a) Main balcony door to remove $120.00

7-b) Main balcony door to make good $180.00

7-c) Topping up main balcony floor with polyster foam $250.00

7-d Relay new balcony flooring $380.00

8. Installation of 4 units of wooden door frame

3 Bedrooms $600.00

1 store room $200.00

9. Full house wiring $3,048.00

10-a) Repair for the whole house $1,250.00

10-b) Polishing of whole house marble $1,300.00

Aircon

11-a) system 3 inverter (toshiba) $2,650.00

11-b) system 1 non inverter (panasonic) $1,550.00

11-c) stainless steel bracket $2,20.00

11-d) subject to HDB requirement

12-a) Hand wash basin with re-routing of inlet and outlet piping $450.00

13) Acid Washing $280.00

Grand total $39,388.00

I require your valuable inputs on each pricing....

HI...I wonder if Im too late... I just confirmed my ID and work is going to start anytime.

May I first and foremost ask...is yours HDB or Condo? Cos HDB full height wardrobe is 2.4m while condo is 2.9m hence there will be difference in prices if u are comparing.

I did not do as much as u, my quote (resale condo, 1238 sqf):

1) Indoor and outdoor paint for entire house

2) Chemical washing for entire place

3) Polish exisitng granite flooring

4) Revarnish parquet flooring + finishes with lacquer

5) Paint all doors

6) Construct base for fridge and washing machine

7) Shoe shelves

8) Custom make 14ft (L) TV console with wall finishing + shelving + wallpaper

9) False ceiling + Light Box + Cove lighting for living and dining area

10) 2 sets of custom made wardrobe 6ft (L) with sliding door

11) 6ft (L) study table + drawers + 3 suspended book cabinet

12) 2 sets of 6ft (L) granite top for bay window

13) Wardrobe 8.5ft (L) with sliding door

14) Custom made king size suspended bed with side tables + bed head

15) 10ft (L) granite top for bay window

16) Light box + cove lighting for master bedroom

17) Wall feature mirror at dining area

18) Change entire suite of existing switch cover

19) Install another 4 electrical point

Total: Close to $15, 000

Hope it helps :)

Hi,

For saying this, think the contractors & ID will hate me.

Just did my reno for condo recently, most things DIY.

Maybe due to my job (I'm in sales) so I understand that all things are cheaper if go direct. The contractors & IDs will sublet the jobs out to 3rd party and thus need to mark up prices.

My direct contacts & reno jobs

1)I engaged direct co. to hack my condo kitchen & 2 toilets (floor & wall tiles, kitchen cabinet, removal of sanitary wares in toilets & removal of debris) - for only $2K

I heard from the boss that the cost is lower for HDB as condo is strict with the reno timing so it would take them more days to complete as compared to HDB thus the higher cost for condo. ** The boss is so sweet to help hack wardrobe & other shelvings all at no extra cost.

The quotes that I get from contractors & IDs for just hacking (Kitchen & toilet wall & floor tiles) & removal of debris is - $2,600 - $2,800

** See the savings for going direct??

2) bi-fold doors, classic doors & iron gate - better to get direct from co. Source for quotes yourself & bargain a good price. The contractors would have earned 20-30% commission from your sales. If go direct, you may probably get 10-20% savings yourself. These co. can't offer 30% discount to direct customers as their main source of biz still come from IDs & contractors. Can't afford to offend them.

3) People know people in this trade. I got the contact for tiling job from my hacker. The tiler did my kitchen & toilet floor & wall tiles & I'm satisfied with the job done. I even went on site to see his workmanship & confirmed the job on the spot. I bought my own tiles though. Again, contractors will get 20-30% commission bringing you to choose tiles & you won't enjoy savings. I bought the tiles myself & got a discount for going direct (though the discount is not as much as the co. gives to contractor, but it's still savings)

The tiler charged me tiling job by per sqm, whereas the contractor charge me a lump sum. I heard from my tiler HDB toilet & kitchen tiling job is only $2+/sqm. The lowest quote I got from contractor is $3.50/sqm but my tiler only charges me $2.30/sqm. See the mark up? These contractors also find these tilers to do the job for them. The contractor get your deposit but will not pay these hacker & tilers, carpenters, plumbers etc so soon. So these people like to work direct with us, customers. Get paid on time.

4) For hacking of kitchen cabinet, the quote for direct is only $200-$300, but look, your quote is $600. All these savings here & there can get you new cutains, or whatever you like to buy.

5) I also engaged a worker for painting job (contact from my tiler). His pay is on daily basis. But same rules - I supply the paint etc. It's still cheaper than getting contractor. And contractor also earn commission from paint co.

6) I also engaged a co. to do my false ceiling in toilets (contact from my tiler). He quoted me $550 for 2 toilet false ceilings. My lowest quote from contractor is $780.

Enough said. Source direct will give you so much savings! : )

Hi,

Maybe due to my job (I'm in sales) so I understand that all things are cheaper if go direct. The contractors & IDs will sublet the jobs out to 3rd party and thus need to mark up prices.

1)I engaged direct co. to hack my condo kitchen & 2 toilets (floor & wall tiles, kitchen cabinet, removal of sanitary wares in toilets & removal of debris) - for only $2K

I heard from the boss that the cost is lower for HDB as condo is strict with the reno timing so it would take them more days to complete as compared to HDB thus the higher cost for condo. ** The boss is so sweet to help hack wardrobe & other shelvings all at no extra cost.

The quotes that I get from contractors & IDs for just hacking (Kitchen & toilet wall & floor tiles) & removal of debris is - $2,600 - $2,800

2) bi-fold doors, classic doors & iron gate - better to get direct from co. Source for quotes yourself & bargain a good price. The contractors would have earned 20-30% commission from your sales. If go direct, you may probably get 10-20% savings yourself. These co. can't offer 30% discount to direct customers as their main source of biz still come from IDs & contractors. Can't afford to offend them.

3) People know people in this trade. I got the contact for tiling job from my hacker. The tiler did my kitchen & toilet floor & wall tiles & I'm satisfied with the job done. I even went on site to see his workmanship & confirmed the job on the spot. I bought my own tiles though. Again, contractors will get 20-30% commission bringing you to choose tiles & you won't enjoy savings. I bought the tiles myself & got a discount for going direct (though the discount is not as much as the co. gives to contractor, but it's still savings)

The tiler charged me tiling job by per sqm, whereas the contractor charge me a lump sum. I heard from my tiler HDB toilet & kitchen tiling job is only $2+/sqm. The lowest quote I got from contractor is $3.50/sqm but my tiler only charges me $2.30/sqm. See the mark up? These contractors also find these tilers to do the job for them. The contractor get your deposit but will not pay these hacker & tilers, carpenters, plumbers etc so soon. So these people like to work direct with us, customers. Get paid on time.

4) For hacking of kitchen cabinet, the quote for direct is only $200-$300, but look, your quote is $600. All these savings here & there can get you new cutains, or whatever you like to buy.

5) I also engaged a worker for painting job (contact from my tiler). His pay is on daily basis. But same rules - I supply the paint etc. It's still cheaper than getting contractor. And contractor also earn commission from paint co.

6) I also engaged a co. to do my false ceiling in toilets (contact from my tiler). He quoted me $550 for 2 toilet false ceilings. My lowest quote from contractor is $780.

Wa SS! let the ID & contractor "tan jai" a little bit lah! :D

Hi,

Actually all the saying above is very individual points of view. You look it at another way, the saving vs the time you need to supervise, go purchase the material yourself, coordinate the work....how much does every house owner know what to buy, how much to buy and how to coordinate who come first.

Whoever you engage is they come 1 time service...when it come to design and work...sometimes the workers need to come back 2-3 times just to compromise to the design.

And btw...contractor don't earn commission from the painting co. and your false ceiling for your toilet is expensive (u kanna carrot liao).

ID/contractor as long as they earn it honestly....I believe some other house owners will still prefer them to do it, not because they charge higher, but was more of their services that they provided.

This is just my points of view.

Edited by jaskel

Hi,

Jaskel got his point there.

$550 for 2 toilet false ceiling is not cheap, and it usually come along with a service mainhole for servicing Heater & water pipes.

do you mean $2.30 per square feet(not meter right?) everything all in? Dont forget to add cost for Black Cements/ Sands/ Adhersive & etc etc etc...

Just to share a true joke:

i have a friend contractor who direct to a owner, and this owner told him that he will pay him in full once the transaction is done, in the end of the day, my this friend contractor got cheated by this owner so he can only pay him $50 a month, my friend LL either take it or leave it... So not everyone get paid in time :bangwall:

For your info, 2k for hacking those is ok price only, contractor who charge you with another price might provide supervision and responsibility, well your hacker do not need those since you are helping to do supervising. so price are very subjective sometime hard to compare one.

it is true that the hacker boss is so nice for doing extra for free so that you can recommend customer, but think that is going to be another story if he keep doing FOC as deposal of debris cost him $$damage too.