Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bergkamp

Contemporary Makeover For 5i In Sengkang

Near to central is priceless.

Plus your unit layout is easy to 'play' with. Very flexible. Me like;)

Do post updates when u hv selected ur design.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi bergkamp,

I've also just got a flat at Sengkang same claster as yours. But mine is even lower 3rd floor. have the same bedroom 2 & 3 layout as yours. headache. will be starting reno in oct. The condition is alright for celing only, the rest will have to change.

Excellent. We will be neighbours then.

How much did you pay for your flat?

Yours will be a big reno project then. Do blog your experience and perhaps we can share ideas. My reno will start only in Nov mid.

Ordered some Art Prints from www.allposters.com

They were having a 20% off promo which ended today.

They ship directly to Singapore. 15$ for first print and 3$ for each additional print.

They also frame and ship, but the cost is much higher. I would have to look for some cheap framing service locally.

Anyone has recommendations?

Have confirmed most of my furniture from Cellini.

Will be using a 3+1+1 Sofa combination.

Cellini price as a package for the quality (leather / stainless steel) was too tempting to resist.

Design wise I really liked a lot of stuff at Evov living, but the prices were really overshooting my budget.

Here is the 3 seater recliner. Actual piece in dark brown leather.

I have a big home theater setup, so I preferred the more comfortable recliner type seats.

Found this design very sleek and modern. Don't like the super fluffy leather sofas.

Sofaswift_4.jpg

Sofaswift_5.jpg

We had plans to get two single seats to go with our 3 seater recliner. Looked around for a lot of designs at Evov, Lush, Cellini, Mod etc.

Some were nice but expensive. Others were very cute but not practical or didnt go with our decor.

We prefered to have something in full leather, rather than PVC.

We also needed something with a low profile as the back of these chair will face our entrace. We didnt want the view of living room blocked by chairs.

Some of our shortlisted chairs were:

1. Famous Barcelona Chair

SofaCbarcelona.jpg

This iconic chair is both comfortable and stylish with a timeless design.

But the full leather and steel version was around 1200$ per piece. Quite over our budget. It was also turning out to be too wide when two chairs are put side by side.

2. Angus from Cellini

SofaCsingleseater.jpg

Went well with our 3 seater. Price quite reasonable. Around 750 for 2 chairs in full leather and steel.

But not very comfortable due to the small back. The steel hand bars also didnt feel comfortable.

3. Club from Cellini

sofa_47.jpg

Very comfortable and swivel design very handy. Around 1200$ for two Full leather chairs along with two cushions.

Only negative was that the design probably didnt go very well with the 3 seater recliner.

One big advantage of buying from Cellini is that we can get the same shade of leather as used for the 3 seater recliner.

Price is also reasonable. Also got 0% installment for 12 months with UOB card. Very handy in current financial situation.

We finally went with choice 3 as comfort and budget constraints won the day.

The leather with be same dark brown shade as recliner.

Cushions will be a dark shade of red. Shades of beige or green are supposed to go better with brown...but when we tested the colour palettes at Cellini, Red looked most striking.

So now our sofas are finalized. One big decision out of the way.

Its going to be a long wait till we can move in !!

Still 2 more months to go.

Visited Compassvale area recently. Got a nice sculpture park near our flat.

Good for my son who is 1.5 yrs old.

Also have an open badminton court behind my block. Thats good for me as I play regularly.

Not sure how feasible open badminton courts are...hard to play if it is windy.

Didnt like the badminton hall at Anchorvale so much. Too much light from the sides. Easy to lose the flight of a shuttle.

Went to Hafary , Defu Lane after office..but too late. It closes at 6pm.

Passed some time browsing around at the Defu Furniture Center. Nothing striking.

Still need to look for nice side tables.

Congrats Bergkamp! u've got fantastic flooring and cupboards can save quite a bit of $$$ for reno. Liked your final choice of the Cellini small leather chairs

Congrats Bergkamp! u've got fantastic flooring and cupboards can save quite a bit of $$$ for reno. Liked your final choice of the Cellini small leather chairs

Thanks PinkLady. Yes the house condition is quite decent.

Still need to spend around 15K for reno and 12K for furnishings.

Went to the Lorenzo Warhouse in UBI with a friend who is also looking for furniture.

Quite impressed with the range on display there and the prices.

Good pieces are selling fast. Definitely worth a visit. Much bigger collection than what I have seen at Lorenzo - Furniture Mall/IFC showrooms.

I myself didnt buy anything as my furniture shopping is mostly done. Didnt find the side table I was looking for.

But if I had come here earlier, I could have picked more stuff.

Went to the Lorenzo Warhouse in UBI with a friend who is also looking for furniture.

Quite impressed with the range on display there and the prices.

Good pieces are selling fast. Definitely worth a visit. Much bigger collection than what I have seen at Lorenzo - Furniture Mall/IFC showrooms.

I myself didnt buy anything as my furniture shopping is mostly done. Didnt find the side table I was looking for.

But if I had come here earlier, I could have picked more stuff.

yup yup, that warehouse is very big got 2 levels somemore. we went there last time leh but couldn't find what we wanted. maybe for the sidetable you can go to S&C to take a look

yup yup, that warehouse is very big got 2 levels somemore. we went there last time leh but couldn't find what we wanted. maybe for the sidetable you can go to S&C to take a look

Thanks for the tip. Will pay them a visit sometime.

Finished my final inspection before the 2nd appointment on 7th Oct.

Things are pretty much in place as I first saw them. Just the furniture moving out.

A bit worried about the aircons (x 5). They were originally installed 9 years back when flat was built.

Had been serviced every few years and appear to be in working condition. But they are looking quite "yellow" with age. Also worried that they might be coming to end of life soon and might break down. Might also be less energy efficient and noisy.

Replacing them will be a headache after reno completes. Its generally advised to change the piping as well. Apparently newer aircons use different gauge pipe...

Now wondering if I should get the whole thing changed...even though they look like they might last a few more years :dunno:

Cost of replacing will be around 5000$. Living room itself needs around 26000BTU to cool. This will be a big unexpected expenditure. Anyone has some advice??

Interesting blog about aircons, difference between R410 and R22.

http://singapore-aircon-r410a.blogspot.com/

One interesting note relevant for me:

** But replacing an airconditioner of 10years with a new more efficient model can save you up to 40% in your cooling bill according to US Department of Energy**

That really makes me lean towards overhauling my aircons. They will be 10 years old very soon.

bro, i also facing e same air-con problems (or i should say dilemma) as u. but i'd decided to keep it for now due to budget constraints.

reason being that, like wat u say, replacing cost is ~S$5K. my current household power bill (with aircon on for 2-3hrs every night in 2

rooms) comes up to ~S$150/ month. assuming those ang-mors note is true, if i change, tat means every month i shave $60 off my

power bill. S$5000/ S$60 = 83mths = 6.9yrs. n this is based on UP TO 40%. if the saving is < 40%, then we r looking at longer "ROI".

with tat said, i think i'll hang on to my new house aircon for the time being. unless i so sway n it broke down within these 2 mths. hahaha