Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bergkamp

Contemporary Makeover For 5i In Sengkang

QUOTE (The Electric New Paper :http://tnp.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,201506,00.html @ Oct 15 2009, 10:02 AM)

Interesting article. I got exactly same models.

Wanted simple/sleek designs which dont attract attention. Lighting will be taken care with LBox

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
QUOTE (The Electric New Paper :http://tnp.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,201506,00.html @ Oct 15 2009, 10:02 AM)

Interesting article. I got exactly same models.

Wanted simple/sleek designs which dont attract attention. Lighting will be taken care with LBox

How much is V60WK (5 blades, $488) you got in JB?

Hi,

It has been sometime since i last visit, saw you have bought a lot of stuff for you house. Have you started renovation?

I'm now also sourcing for celing fan, will u be installing celling fan in your bedrooms too? saw u have save quite a lot in JB making me also feel like buying from there......

Care to share how many fan u will be installing for your whole house and the total damage?

TIA.

Renovation will start, mid November. But I pulled the trigger on lot of purchases. Dont want to wait till last moment and rush my decisions.

I will be installing 5 fans, 2x 60" in living room and 3 x 56" for each bedroom.

I had received a quotes from a few local shops and the price I was getting was around

V56K : 508$

V60K : 558$

I paid

V56K: 470 Ringgit

V60K: 580 Ringgit

Add 7% GST that you pay for customs + transport cost.

Do note that I bought 10 fans(5 mine, 5 for a friend) in all, so I could bargain more.

Edited by bergkamp

Bought my ceiling fans today from JB.

Went with KDK as its the most reliable brand and I wanted clean cut designs without lights.

KDK models are much cheaper in Malaysia. Bit of a hassle if there is a defect, but price is almost half.

Ended up buying KDKs for all rooms. Got good discount for buying in bulk.

Height of fans could be bit of an issue but I will manage. No false ceiling, only Lbox.

2 x V60VK , 60 inch for Living rooms

v60wk_new.jpg

3 x V56VK, 56 inch for bedrooms.

v56vk_new.jpg

Cant afford to turn on aircon all the time and hate those standing fans which get in the way and pose a hazard for my kid.

These ceiling fans should keep the whole flat "airy".

Cool dudde .. I bought 5 x V56VK, 56 inch from malaysia too .. and i ended up saving a huge amt

Bought my ceiling fans today from JB.

Went with KDK as its the most reliable brand and I wanted clean cut designs without lights.

KDK models are much cheaper in Malaysia. Bit of a hassle if there is a defect, but price is almost half.

Ended up buying KDKs for all rooms. Got good discount for buying in bulk.

Height of fans could be bit of an issue but I will manage. No false ceiling, only Lbox.

2 x V60VK , 60 inch for Living rooms

v60wk_new.jpg

3 x V56VK, 56 inch for bedrooms.

v56vk_new.jpg

Cant afford to turn on aircon all the time and hate those standing fans which get in the way and pose a hazard for my kid.

These ceiling fans should keep the whole flat "airy".

hey there.. sorry to budgge in like this. Can you explaint in details on how u go about to JB to buy the KDK fans?

And can you give me a exact location and price for those pieces?

Thanks...

hey there.. sorry to budgge in like this. Can you explaint in details on how u go about to JB to buy the KDK fans?

And can you give me a exact location and price for those pieces?

Thanks...

See my earlier post for price details.

Going JB is very straight forward...just need a big enough vehicle of your own/rented.

For shopping you can find JB KDK dealer locations on KDK Malaysia website. There are a lot of them.

Call up their number to confirm price. You can bargain more if you are buying in bigger quantity.

I think shops in Taman Sentosa area are closest.

After buying, when you come to Singapore immigration, just go through red channel and declare your purchase. You have to show them your receipt and they will calculate the GST.

Pay the money and bring your fans home. Simple.

See my earlier post for price details.

Going JB is very straight forward...just need a big enough vehicle of your own/rented.

For shopping you can find JB KDK dealer locations on KDK Malaysia website. There are a lot of them.

Call up their number to confirm price. You can bargain more if you are buying in bigger quantity.

I think shops in Taman Sentosa area are closest.

After buying, when you come to Singapore immigration, just go through red channel and declare your purchase. You have to show them your receipt and they will calculate the GST.

Pay the money and bring your fans home. Simple.

Thanks for your infor. I was thinking to buy in JB too.

By the way, after installation of your ceiling fan, where do you install your light in ur bedroom?

If the distance between the ceiling fan and the light is not far enough, it will cause shadow effect. I am thinking how to solve this problem. Any advice?

Edited by ckcboy02

Thanks for your infor. I was thinking to buy in JB too.

By the way, after installation of your ceiling fan, where do you install your light in ur bedroom?

If the distance between the ceiling fan and the light is not far enough, it will cause shadow effect. I am thinking how to solve this problem. Any advice?

Havent finalized yet. Most probably a couple of wall lights, T5 type.

Will have to see what looks good. ID will work it out.

Edited by bergkamp

We had plans to get two single seats to go with our 3 seater recliner. Looked around for a lot of designs at Evov, Lush, Cellini, Mod etc.

Some were nice but expensive. Others were very cute but not practical or didnt go with our decor.

We prefered to have something in full leather, rather than PVC.

We also needed something with a low profile as the back of these chair will face our entrace. We didnt want the view of living room blocked by chairs.

Some of our shortlisted chairs were:

1. Famous Barcelona Chair

SofaCbarcelona.jpg

This iconic chair is both comfortable and stylish with a timeless design.

But the full leather and steel version was around 1200$ per piece. Quite over our budget. It was also turning out to be too wide when two chairs are put side by side.

2. Angus from Cellini

SofaCsingleseater.jpg

Went well with our 3 seater. Price quite reasonable. Around 750 for 2 chairs in full leather and steel.

But not very comfortable due to the small back. The steel hand bars also didnt feel comfortable.

3. Club from Cellini

sofa_47.jpg

Very comfortable and swivel design very handy. Around 1200$ for two Full leather chairs along with two cushions.

Only negative was that the design probably didnt go very well with the 3 seater recliner.

One big advantage of buying from Cellini is that we can get the same shade of leather as used for the 3 seater recliner.

Price is also reasonable. Also got 0% installment for 12 months with UOB card. Very handy in current financial situation.

We finally went with choice 3 as comfort and budget constraints won the day.

The leather with be same dark brown shade as recliner.

Cushions will be a dark shade of red. Shades of beige or green are supposed to go better with brown...but when we tested the colour palettes at Cellini, Red looked most striking.

So now our sofas are finalized. One big decision out of the way.

Hi bergkamp,

I happened to start reno for my 4A in mid Nov. too.

Sama thinking... also bought almost all the stuff liao.

Really hope that I can have the space for all these big Cellini sofa set...but cannot fit into my small living room leh...

After shopping in many shop, end up buying most of the stuff from Novena -The White, a lot of "Chong" designer pieces but much lower price...

For me, I can live with PVC and to be franked, I dun really spend my time in living room, mostly in the bedroom...so is really more for shown...haha.

Just my opinion...branded furniture is good to have but I always ask myself, how long can we stick to our taste and theme.

I learn from my 2 previous sofa experiences, the first set (full leather) use for 3 years plus...sick of design and give FOC to my close friend, then change to my presently own L-shape fabrics set and just reaching 3 years…now due to the reno and the color of the sofa (brown) cannot match my Black/White/ Grey color scheme so need to change again…lucky this time, my mother willing to take the L-shape set so at least not so “sai yang”

with all the “Cong” stuff, I still end up paying 2K plus for - a 3 seater, coffee table and 2 relax chairs wor…really bleeding badly this time…initial budget $40K for reno and furniture, now seem that is over 45K liao.

Please post more photos to share... ;)

Hi All,

Could you post photos of your completed renovation with the ceiling fan fixed on the bedroom and living room...

Thanks...

I need a rough idea. Anyway, Do malaysia shop also sell the KDK standing fan?

Hi bergkamp,

I happened to start reno for my 4A in mid Nov. too.

Sama thinking... also bought almost all the stuff liao.

Really hope that I can have the space for all these big Cellini sofa set...but cannot fit into my small living room leh...

After shopping in many shop, end up buying most of the stuff from Novena -The White, a lot of "Chong" designer pieces but much lower price...

For me, I can live with PVC and to be franked, I dun really spend my time in living room, mostly in the bedroom...so is really more for shown...haha.

Just my opinion...branded furniture is good to have but I always ask myself, how long can we stick to our taste and theme.

I learn from my 2 previous sofa experiences, the first set (full leather) use for 3 years plus...sick of design and give FOC to my close friend, then change to my presently own L-shape fabrics set and just reaching 3 years…now due to the reno and the color of the sofa (brown) cannot match my Black/White/ Grey color scheme so need to change again…lucky this time, my mother willing to take the L-shape set so at least not so “sai yang”

with all the “Cong” stuff, I still end up paying 2K plus for - a 3 seater, coffee table and 2 relax chairs wor…really bleeding badly this time…initial budget $40K for reno and furniture, now seem that is over 45K liao.

Please post more photos to share... ;)

Hi dannywmp,

You have a good point there. If you change furniture frequently, there is no point overspending on very durable stuff. For me I am planning to keep my stuff for around 5 years before I consider changing things. So going for stuff that would hopefully not break down before that period.

I use my living room a lot plus have a small kid, so leather was more durable option for me. I have seen a friends PVC sofa (from Novena) which started cracking after 16 months. It was from normal Novena, not the "White Collection" part. I think "White" carry better quality stuff and definitely nicer designs.

But I guess it was really poor grade PVC. The good PVC these days is supposed to last a much longer time. My Cellini dining chairs are also PVC, so I am hoping they dont get spoilt fast...

Reno budget is always like that.....keeps going up. I too have overspent a lot already. But its all for your own house...so enjoy the experience :)

thanks for the reply. It's good if you can wait for reno, for my case because need to vacate my current place by end nov so have to start asap.

Thansk for sharing your quote. I saw MY KDK website, they do not have the model V56/60k but K14/15z9. I've compare the specs are almost the same. Are they the same?

Thats right..same fans, just different model numbers. They are also called Sensa 4 and Sensa 5.

Thats right..same fans, just different model numbers. They are also called Sensa 4 and Sensa 5.

Oh man! very sian! I just saw ur post on the KDK fans :(

The amount I paid for one V60WK fan almost equate to 2 of ur v60 fans! I should visit ur blog more often! hahhaa

Anyway, hope that your renovation in nov will sail smoothly! :)

Oh man! very sian! I just saw ur post on the KDK fans :(

The amount I paid for one V60WK fan almost equate to 2 of ur v60 fans! I should visit ur blog more often! hahhaa

Anyway, hope that your renovation in nov will sail smoothly! :)

Hey Bergkamp, the KDK fan which you bought, is the circumference 60" as in end-to-end? cuz i read from website, it's 1500mm blade length meaning 3m total circumference?? Hope i'm wrong...i'm talking abt the V60wk btw...thanks..

Hey Bergkamp, the KDK fan which you bought, is the circumference 60" as in end-to-end? cuz i read from website, it's 1500mm blade length meaning 3m total circumference?? Hope i'm wrong...i'm talking abt the V60wk btw...thanks..

The diameter is 1.5m for V60K.

3m diameter is tooo big. Got fans that big only at CAGE futsal pitch !!