Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Marcus168

First Resale 5a Hdb Flat At Jurong West

After sourcing hdb flat for almost 2 years, finally got one at 5A hdb flat jurong west for 338 K. Will be getting my key on 19 Oct and now preparing for my renovation. Budget for my renovation is 30K excluding furnishing.

After doing some research in the internet, decide to manage the renovation myself. Not sure how will it turn out?

Here is the floor plan

jurongwest.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Will be meeting one of the contractor today. This contractor is doing tile work. Not sure what will be his quote.

Get a quote from Tiler seng (From this forum) for 9k for doing when main work. His qoute does not include tiles as I am buying tile myself.

Will get a few quote before deciding.

Now still deciding what to do for my bedroom. Either use laminate or same as living room. Any good recommendation.

Here a picture if use tile for living, dining and bedroom.

ScreenShot001.jpg

Edited by Marcus168

wow!!!buying tiles yourself too!?everything on your own will be very siong!!!

But if u have the time,why not,should be able to save some money. :P

i went down 2 tiles supplier. Just order from them and ask contractor to cater to move from ground floor to my unit when they are hacking, that it. Have not decide which to buy from yet. Will get advise from contractor later.

The tiles supplier will estimate the number of tile need.

The only thing is the contractor will charge more for laying tiles and they did not get commission from the tile??

If i got the tile from supplier, can bargain with them and get 10% discount.

i wonder the tiles u get for yourself and the contractor get for us how much price different?

u will be surprise that sometimes the contractor can get cheaper price than us as they have special rate for them due to regular customer.

Just like the PD door i install,i went to query myself and find out the quotation is higher than what my contractor quoted me! when i ask the supplier he told me they give the contractor special price for continuing business whereby i am only ONE-OFF business! :o

Will ask the tile contractor later. Let see how much discount he can get.

i wonder the tiles u get for yourself and the contractor get for us how much price different?

u will be surprise that sometimes the contractor can get cheaper price than us as they have special rate for them due to regular customer.

Just like the PD door i install,i went to query myself and find out the quotation is higher than what my contractor quoted me! when i ask the supplier he told me they give the contractor special price for continuing business whereby i am only ONE-OFF business! :o

Rondy has a point there. There is always 'trade discount' where contractors enjoy from suppliers. It boils down to whether these contractors are willing to waiver [or discounted] the cost back to customers.

Tiles, in my opinion and past experience, could be over supplied before the renovation. Many people are often stuck with excess. A good contractor with good relationship with the supplier would return these excess tiles [back to supplier] and refund back to customer. BUT, it depends on what is being agreed in the beginning.

Marcus, if you don't mind disclosing - as I have a friend looking into resale possibility in Jurong West:

01. Which part of Jurong West are you?

02. How big is your flat?

03. What was the COV that you paid?

You can PM me. Thanks in advance.

Rondy has a point there. There is always 'trade discount' where contractors enjoy from suppliers. It boils down to whether these contractors are willing to waiver [or discounted] the cost back to customers.

Tiles, in my opinion and past experience, could be over supplied before the renovation. Many people are often stuck with excess. A good contractor with good relationship with the supplier would return these excess tiles [back to supplier] and refund back to customer. BUT, it depends on what is being agreed in the beginning.

Marcus, if you don't mind disclosing - as I have a friend looking into resale possibility in Jurong West:

01. Which part of Jurong West are you?

02. How big is your flat?

03. What was the COV that you paid?

You can PM me. Thanks in advance.

You can check the transaction price at HDB Website. I paid 8K COV

Check HDB Transaction Price (Updated half monthly)

436 Jurong West Ave 1 06 to 10 133.00 Model A 1985 $356,000.00 Sep 2009

443 Jurong West Ave 1 06 to 10 133.00 Model A 1985 $338,000.00 Sep 2009

426 Jurong West Ave 1 06 to 10 133.00 Model A 1985 $365,000.00 Aug 2009

427 Jurong West Ave 1 11 to 15 133.00 Model A 1985 $357,000.00 Aug 2009

436 Jurong West Ave 1 06 to 10 135.00 Model A 1985 $336,800.00 Aug 2009

444 Jurong West Ave 1 01 to 05 135.00 Model A 1985 $313,000.00 Aug 2009

436 Jurong West Ave 1 06 to 10 133.00 Model A 1985 $345,000.00 Jul 2009

443 Jurong West Ave 1 01 to 05 133.00 Model A 1985 $348,000.00 Jul 2009

444 Jurong West Ave 1 06 to 10 135.00 Model A 1985 $300,000.00 Jul 2009

444 Jurong West Ave 1 01 to 05 135.00 Model A 1985 $330,000.00 Jul 2009

wah marcus!! not many house owners are brave like you to engage seperate subcon. 9k without tiles and excluding hacking cost ah? is it consider a reasonable price?

then your carpentry, plumbing, electrical, plaster etc all different people ?

wah marcus!! not many house owners are brave like you to engage seperate subcon. 9k without tiles and excluding hacking cost ah? is it consider a reasonable price?

then your carpentry, plumbing, electrical, plaster etc all different people ?

Most likely plumbing, plaster and tile same person.

Carpentry and electrical different.

Never try before, so not sure about the result. As a reference, i get a quote from a contractor who will do everything, the quote add up to about 30K. So my objective is to do it about the same cost but with better material.

open concept is good in a way,it brings in natural light from the living area.

if your original kitchen is not too dark in the day time and u don do heavy cooking,then maybe u can leave it as it is to save cost. :)

Thanks for your feedback, most likely i will leave it as the original.

Reason, the walking distance from room to kitchen will be longer if i opt for the open concept. And too save some cost.

Thanks for your feedback, most likely i will leave it as the original.

Reason, the walking distance from room to kitchen will be longer if i opt for the open concept. And too save some cost.

hey marcus,

you are staying near my MIL place.. nice layout & very easy to plan..

i like the open concept of the kitchen.. but really have to consider whether you will be doing heavy cooking,,

this will cause your living room to smell.. & have to clean the whole house after each meal..

remain as original will be a better choice..

any pic of the original condition of the house?

hey marcus,

you are staying near my MIL place.. nice layout & very easy to plan..

i like the open concept of the kitchen.. but really have to consider whether you will be doing heavy cooking,,

this will cause your living room to smell.. & have to clean the whole house after each meal..

remain as original will be a better choice..

any pic of the original condition of the house?

Thanks for your comment.

No photo yet, will be getting key on 19 Oct 09 if every things go smoothly.