Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

U got me very excited because my current house still using the old school CRT Tv.

BluRay player price has dropped a lot, y don't you get one?

but blueray disc not popular in hmmmm ... Malaysia ... U know wat I mean

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
but blueray disc not popular in hmmmm ... Malaysia ... U know wat I mean

Eh.... i know where you are coming from :)

I think i will get a FULL-HD Tv also... but will be using the old DVD player but i believe no upscaling function la...

For now can only watch HD5 from Mediacorp to enjoy the FULL-HD effect right?

Need any special decoder box to decode the HD signal?

U need to check if yr tv got the inbuilt HD tuner. Samsung call it idtv I think. My Philip dun have. But even with that tuner it's location dependent . Some location in spore can receive some can't

Ok! Thanks for the info yah.

Yes, i saw on Samsung Tv, some got IDTV.

Thinking of getting Bravia, but this brand is more expensive that the rest though.. :rolleyes:

Hi momo13,

So am i right to conclude that, unless i run my cable very long, to reduce signal weakening over long distance, then i use good stuff like Monster brand? If so, how long then is considered long, and i need to pay monster price to get monster brand?

I didn't know about this upscaling thingy. What does it do? Only certain players can have this function?

erm i also forgotten how long is consider long liao think is 1-3m? (if i remember correctly) . cos that time when i source for all my hdmi cables, someone did tell me that no need to get monster brand one, can get those normal type and i got them for less than $10 for 3m ones, gold plated and wired mash types for my HTS and ps3 with blu rays :) . unless u are going over more than 10m or so (dont think any one will run the hdmi cable so long) then get those monster brand cos of the quality they give or what reason and prevent signal loss over a long distance.. if i am wrong pls correct me :)

p/s nw hdmi v1.3b or?

Thinking of getting Bravia, but this brand is more expensive that the rest though.. :rolleyes:

sony is always a premium price product. :) panasonic lcd is getting cheaper though not sure japan panel and manufactured in singapore is still available (some how just trust japansese made products :) ).. perhaps dec pc show is a good time to buy?

U got it all right. My house set up is upscaling player with free hdmi cable with full HD tv. So far so good. Watching GI Joe now. Friend all say it's very clear.

simon, can try getting a few blu ray to try.. really will blow u over with HTS and optical out :)

amazon sometimes have blu rays sale..

Edited by momo13

do note those in built tuners might not receive the signals clearly thus resulting in no reception or poor quality. to get hd content, better get a setup box.

Edited by alamak

simon, can try getting a few blu ray to try.. really will blow u over with HTS and optical out :)

amazon sometimes have blu rays sale..

bo blueray player leh ... maybe U can bring one over and we shall watch it together ... rem ... we are "friend" :notti: ... phaha lol

sony is always a premium price product. :) panasonic lcd is getting cheaper though not sure japan panel and manufactured in singapore is still available (some how just trust japansese made products :) ).. perhaps dec pc show is a good time to buy?

Hmm is there much difference between the brands? Sometimes I really doubt that our eyes are really that powerful to pick up subtle color changes on the HD TVs....

Hmm is there much difference between the brands? Sometimes I really doubt that our eyes are really that powerful to pick up subtle color changes on the HD TVs....

actually there is not much of a diff between brands just see which pic quality the model brings out suits your taste as specs are only technical terms that do make us confuse :) perhaps budget is also a consideration too?

bo blueray player leh ... maybe U can bring one over and we shall watch it together ... rem ... we are "friend" :notti: ... phaha lol

;) blu ray player price is falling liao.. if remember correctly got trade in dvd player and buy blu ray at $300?

Elevation plan.

pp-4.jpg

pp-3.jpg

pp-2.jpg

Hi Rondy,

Wow, you are really very good in this. Can I trouble you to give me some ideal to do up my house?

If ok will email you my floor plan as I do know how to post it here.

Thks!

Ps my is a 95sqm new flat.

;) blu ray player price is falling liao.. if remember correctly got trade in dvd player and buy blu ray at $300?

can't .... Just spend $700 + on my HTS leh .... cannot trade in . ha .... maybe when I got extra $$ then see how