Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

I intend to get this ethernet enabled media player. Can surf, can plug in thumbdrive

wd_TV_Mini.jpg

3785282244_92bd4e9a44_b.jpg

"Western Digital really hit a sweet spot last year with its $130 WD TV HD Media Player. The thing pumped out 1080p over HDMI at an attractive price, and that's all most people really needed. The newly leaked WD TV-2 revisits the formula, but adds in network playback over the new Ethernet jack, DTS audio decoding, and a component video plug for folks caught in the technological no man's land between composite and HDMI. Outside of that there's a just plain silly amount of codec support, which is hard not to love. No word on price or a release date, but the leaked photos and detailed specs seem to imply this thing is ready for prime time."

edit: oops don't think you can surf with this. still need to use a PC.

Ya I did consider to get this last time . but cannot surf ... then alot of free online movie cannot watch liao

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ya I did consider to get this last time . but cannot surf ... then alot of free online movie cannot watch liao

yep, i'll just connect my PC to my TV :D

my TV has 2 HDMI, one for Mio, one for PC :D

hi gantan,

reply u in ur thread on my reno cost , it includes windows except 2 toilets and grilles in all rooms except 2 toilets. doing tv console, feature wall, shoe rack and mbr wardrobe. all rooms will be homo tiles and hacking of kitchen wall replacing with glass panels :)

From the way we look at it, quite sama sama... but i did 6 ft wardrobes for both bedrooms. was struggling at a point whether to buy the wardrobes (not full height) but end up did not go for it because the top will collect dust and tendency to stuff lots of things above the wardrobe is very high, collect dust also and breed pests... :-p

Also, with the Tv console, sofa and the sofa table (or call it the coffee table?), there isn't much space left for the passageway to walk. Headache on this also. How is yr living room design like?

What optical out? Can explain to me ?

And T v got wireless support ? what u mean also ? From netbook wireless connect to Tv to display image ?

Sound chim and high tech sia

Bro Ossify already said le, nowadays Tv very high tech haha. Actually i am not very good at all these also, still learning and exploring. And yes, nowadays some Tv come with Wifi support for surfing internet. Also got USB ports also! But dunno what it is for. I think u can plug in yr thumbdrive or something and see the content using Tv. U can turn yr Tv instantenously into a PC. I think from netbook wireless connect to Tv to display image also can.

Ossify, right?

now reading at samsung website ... really got such thing . Maybe that time still dun have. Aiya .... should have bought that model . then dun need to connect the netbook etc etc liao ....

Yr netbook is free anyway isnt it? Hehe. Put it to good use. If not u sell me yr existing Tv and a 'good' price. I dun need a tv with wireless support la. :D:D:D

Haha yeah, but the convenience is worth it! From where you are, don't think you will kena the MRT sound right?

No, wun kanna the mrt track sound. THe flat which i sold off kanna the mrt track sound and we had a hard time selling it off man!

Eh.. sorry, this WD ethernet enabled device, how do we use it? Is it, laptop connect to WD device and WD device connect to Tv?

So this way we can vew the content of the laptop on Tv?

Like that still wired leh, i am looking at wireless ... :-p

Since we are on this technology topic, actually for quite some time i have though of installing a pin-hole camera looking at the corridor area immediately outside my main entrance and then i can view the video wireless-ly from inside house or bedroom. Anyone did such thing before?

Eh.. sorry, this WD ethernet enabled device, how do we use it? Is it, laptop connect to WD device and WD device connect to Tv?

So this way we can vew the content of the laptop on Tv?

Like that still wired leh, i am looking at wireless ... :-p

u plug a usb hard disk with the content u want to watch to the WD TV. Then u connect the WD TV to your TV. Browse to the content on the TV and play it. No need for laptop.

What optical out? Can explain to me ?

And T v got wireless support ? what u mean also ? From netbook wireless connect to Tv to display image ?

Sound chim and high tech sia

Bro supersimon, 'Optical out' i think is for audio, better quality compared to the usual red & white stereo audio cables. Hence u only have 1 cable for audio instead of 2. ..

Anyone, correct me if i am wrong...

u plug a usb hard disk with the content u want to watch to the WD TV. Then u connect the WD TV to your TV. Browse to the content on the TV and play it. No need for laptop.

If i understand correctly, the WD device also act as a multi-function device, u can connect any media devices to it and then output to view on Tv. Right? It is like a combiner kind of thing.

If i understand correctly, the WD device also act as a multi-function device, u can connect any media devices to it and then output to view on Tv. Right? It is like a combiner kind of thing.

that media device has to be a usb device, then you are right. :)

Bro Ossify already said le, nowadays Tv very high tech haha. Actually i am not very good at all these also, still learning and exploring. And yes, nowadays some Tv come with Wifi support for surfing internet. Also got USB ports also! But dunno what it is for. I think u can plug in yr thumbdrive or something and see the content using Tv. U can turn yr Tv instantenously into a PC. I think from netbook wireless connect to Tv to display image also can.

Ossify, right?

I just check out the wifi Tv thing at causeway point just now. According to the sale person , samsung is the only brand that have this function. But hor .... (also according to him) we can only go to certain website with it . We can't use like a normal internet browser .

Not sure how true . Me still looking more info on it .

Regards

Simon

Yr netbook is free anyway isnt it? Hehe. Put it to good use. If not u sell me yr existing Tv and a 'good' price. I dun need a tv with wireless support la. :D:D:D

sound like a win win situation . hahaha ...

We discuss later when yr house more ready lah . but then i also dun know my TV will drop until what price liao - so sad seem like every month droping sia

anyway I also check the price of the internet tv. actually same model / same speed , but one got internet and one without the different is about $300

economically - my network + Tv is cheaper (since netbook foc) ha