Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

My friend is a super fussy customer, so far never hear her complaint about this painter at her mom place. So i believe quite not bad.

on the contrary, she has been complaining abt her own ID, seems the painter at her mom place is better than those from the ID

Yes need to buy your own paint, so the uncle will just paint for you. I think they took 3 days to finished the 5rm flat.

Her mom did supervise the job, cuz all their belongings are in the house.

Let me check with her again. what else u want to know?

Hi Charemme, 3 days to paint a 5-rm at $80 daily sounds really good! Even plus the price of paints, i dun think it will add up to $1,100 which my ID quote me. Now i begin to wonder is it a reap-off or what because most ID quote $1,000 or $1,100 for painting 3-rm....

PM me the contact so that i can consider! Is the supervisor a local? Chinese or other ethnic group?

Btw, the ID that you have engaged, i have filtered them out during my ID selection process. Hehe.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I will be getting my keys next week!

Can anyone advise the things that i should do besides rolling a pineapple into the house before going in?

Read somewhere that i need joss sticks, sugars/salts etc...

Thanks!

:)

I will be getting my keys next week!

Can anyone advise the things that i should do besides rolling a pineapple into the house before going in?

Read somewhere that i need joss sticks, sugars/salts etc...

Thanks!

hey congrats! i jz got my keys..

my hubby jz told me abt the pineapple rolling thingy. also something abt throwing rice and salt at every corner of the house to ward off evil spirits..

anyways, we getting a FSM, so will get him to tell us wat to do.. :D

Hi Charemme, 3 days to paint a 5-rm at $80 daily sounds really good! Even plus the price of paints, i dun think it will add up to $1,100 which my ID quote me. Now i begin to wonder is it a reap-off or what because most ID quote $1,000 or $1,100 for painting 3-rm....

PM me the contact so that i can consider! Is the supervisor a local? Chinese or other ethnic group?

Btw, the ID that you have engaged, i have filtered them out during my ID selection process. Hehe.

paisey, now than i see this msg.. I ask my frd now.. later i PM u ok.

so far i heard she say the uncle is a chinese, but i think should be malaysian.

Than i give u another contact, recommended by my manager.. he and the whole family been using this painter.

I think his 3 bedroom condo.. only cost like $1300 inclusive of paint (i think so :dunno: ) . So u can go compare which is more worth.

U call the painter n ask him for the price ok, i will PM u the contacts for this painter now.

The my ID is zoey/brigette, you spoke to them before or its other ID from the same company??

Hello! Thank for the link, but i am having a difficult time locating the pics. The thread is too long... it is going to take me sometime to locate the pics, if u have direct link to the paricular post with pics will be good, if not i look for it myself :-)

Errr.. i have already pasted that particular post link. Its the 4th pic in that post. :huh:

i think i saw your Eubiq post. Anyway do you have any idea if i can change the setting on the way i browse this forum?

I used to be seeing pages and pages of replies/post. But one fine day when i log in, it shows me the chain of reply instead, and i have to click on the link individually to display the content of each post.

Like that very mafan leh... :-p

scroll all the way to the top of the page, look at the middle right of the screen, click on "Options" and select "Standard"

paisey, now than i see this msg.. I ask my frd now.. later i PM u ok.

so far i heard she say the uncle is a chinese, but i think should be malaysian.

Than i give u another contact, recommended by my manager.. he and the whole family been using this painter.

I think his 3 bedroom condo.. only cost like $1300 inclusive of paint (i think so :dunno: ) . So u can go compare which is more worth.

U call the painter n ask him for the price ok, i will PM u the contacts for this painter now.

The my ID is zoey/brigette, you spoke to them before or its other ID from the same company??

Thanks for the contacts! I will keep it for now first, not sure if there will be any implication or inconvenience if i engage my own painter and not my ID one. But the price difference is substantial lo...

The ID... i can't remember their name liao, they come in a pair, one guy one girl, the girl very sure a malaysian because of her accent. The guy drives a Lexus. :o

hey congrats! i jz got my keys..

my hubby jz told me abt the pineapple rolling thingy. also something abt throwing rice and salt at every corner of the house to ward off evil spirits..

anyways, we getting a FSM, so will get him to tell us wat to do.. :D

Ya.. rice and salt and something like that, i think the procedures or 'ritual' differ from person to person, but pineapple confirm must roll! :D

I did not engage a FSM but did some reading up... but can be quite sian because 3 room so small, so for e.g. if the stove has to be there, it has to be there, if you move it somewhere else because of FS, then the design will look weird and you dun get efficient use of space too...

Maybe i will consider to engage one also... u engage the FSM to see FS for one-time move house or 1 year / 5 years or 10 years into the future? Got this kinda package right?

Errr.. i have already pasted that particular post link. Its the 4th pic in that post. :huh:

I see it now :) Thanks, dunno why i missed the url link out then, maybe recently too bz with many things ....

Good to see, but dun think i am using it anyway, budget constraint and not too practical for now :)

scroll all the way to the top of the page, look at the middle right of the screen, click on "Options" and select "Standard"

Done! Now very convenient. Scroll through the page read everything and see every pics. Nice and neat.

Thanks!

Manage to gather some info from few of my colleagues on the 'ritual' for making the first entrance to your house... just like to share them here, for info only, i dun guarantee the correct-ness of the procedures. :)

Roll pineapple into your house before you enter the house before doing any other things!

Scatter some rice and salt in all the rooms. This is to ward of evil spirits. Once you have scattered, leave the room and do not enter the room again.

Then have to pay respect to 土地公. Burn joss sticks with meat/roasted pork, some biscuits, oranges. Do this last, outside the house at the entrance.

Then leave the house for 3 days, do not enter.

We can also go to those shops that sell Chinese prayer stuffs and tell them you are moving into new house and they will show you the things needed, all in a pack. Few dollars only.

I have collected my keys today. :)

Edited by gantan88

Manage to gather some info from few of my colleagues on the 'ritual' for making the first entrance to your house... just like to share them here, for info only, i dun guarantee the correct-ness of the procedures. :)

Roll pineapple into your house before you enter the house and do any other things!

Scatter some rice and salt in all the rooms. This is to ward of evil spirits. Once you have scattered, leave the room and do not enter the room again.

Then have to pay respect to 土地公. Burn joss sticks with meat/roasted pork, some biscuits, oranges. Do this last, outside the house at the entrance.

We can also go to those shops that sell Chinese prayer stuffs and tell them you are moving into new house and they will show you the things needed, all in a pack. Few dollars only.

hey.. congrats!!

i got ur pm.. gv me a couple of days to chk wif hubby k, cos he overseas now. i think ours is a one time payment of a few hundred.. think the FSM is in taiwan now also for 2 weeks.. but he's not one of those famous master leh..

i let u know k... :D

Roll pineapple into your house before you enter the house and do any other things!

congrats....feels good to finally own the place legally right...

now all the planning can be implemented at last!

Sorry to intercept this thread..

Hi Rasp,

Possible to send me the quotation you have from the renovator you'd appointed to work on your house ? ; )

Thanks!

Doremon2009

trufaole@gmail.com

hey.. congrats!!

i got ur pm.. gv me a couple of days to chk wif hubby k, cos he overseas now. i think ours is a one time payment of a few hundred.. think the FSM is in taiwan now also for 2 weeks.. but he's not one of those famous master leh..

i let u know k... :D

Wow... few hundreds ain't cheap.... thanks yah, hear from you, meanwhile i continue source for others.... :)